Drunken Fruit?

May 8, 2010

Salad-A-Day for the Month of May, even though I am in Santa Barbara for the weekend, is still going on in full force. And others are posting their salad creations too!

Since I am out of town I prepared this special salad just for you. Yes, for you! What would the world be without you? And what would the world be without me? Yeah, I don’t know either.

Drunken Fruit Salad

Pineapple, red and green grapes, strawberries, green apples, raisins (or any fruit of your choice)

Chop all fruits into bite sized pieces and add to a large bowl. Pour brandy onto the fruit (amount is up to you).

Let fruit soak for 24 hours in the brandy, mixing every couple of hours. Then add walnuts. Serve as is.

Delicious as dessert, a barbecue side dish, or just straight out of the bowl (well, except for hygienic purposes). My boyfriend and I made this for a barbecue we went to last weekend and it was a perfect dish to bring as a potluck item.

More pictures from the BBQ at the boyfriend’s cousin’s house.

Caroline (the cousin) definitely knows how to go all out with parties or get-togethers!

I love warm weather and barbecues. I love summer.

Question of the Day: What is your favorite way to spend a day in the sun? Right now, I’m liking just laying after a long hike or long run. I love love love the sun. LOVE the sun.

Katie May 10, 2010 at 5:28 PM

I love a good fruit salad, especially one that deviates from the usual!

Ally @ Sweet & Savory May 10, 2010 at 3:54 AM

That fruit sounds amazing! I also love summer days…can’t wait till it gets warmer here. Anything being outside works for me – reading a good book, a nice long walk, barbecues, etc!
.-= Ally @ Sweet & Savory´s last blog ..Cooking with Kids: Ice Cream Dessert =-.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) May 9, 2010 at 5:34 PM

OMG That fruit looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am all about some drunk fruit 🙂

THx for the salad shout out, you know I love me some greenery!

xox
.-= Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)´s last blog ..Highlights of the Week, Shopping, Spending Money, Going Out, Mottos =-.

Simply Life May 9, 2010 at 1:43 AM

what a great celebration! how did you switch to your own domain? did you have someone else you with the graphics and layout? it looks great!
.-= Simply Life´s last blog .."Be in a dress by 6!" =-.

Katie May 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Oh, have you seen Druken Master with Jackie Chan? your post title made me think of that movie – calssic.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Let’s learn =-.

Katie May 8, 2010 at 5:24 PM

As long as I am out in the sun, I don’t care what I am doing. And hot damn that salad looks good!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Let’s learn =-.