Pineapple Quinoa Salad
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 1 cup pineapple (fresh or frozen) cut into cubes
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 3 scallions
- 1/3 cup almonds- slivers *optional
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp raw almond mayo* (can sub with Greek yogurt, mayo, sour cream, etc.)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, minced
Step One: Combine 1.5 cup rinsed quinoa with 2.5-3 cups water in a pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
Step Two: While quinoa is cooking, gather, cut, chop, slice, measure pour all remaining ingredients to a large bowl.
Step Three: Add cooked quinoa and mix.
Step Three: Taste and adjust season to your liking.
Step Four: Eat.
*Raw Almond Mayo
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked for at least 3 hours
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice (or 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar)
- 6-8 medium dates, pits removed or 1/4 cup alternate sweetener (yacon, honey or agave)
- cayenne pepper for spice
- 1.5 cups flax, hemp or olive oil
Today’s post is sweet and simple, yet satisfying. This salad is super versatile and can easily be adjusted to use different fruits and different spices. The original recipe (no idea where I got it) called for mangoes instead of pineapple. The mangoes are really really good in this.
I dare you to try this recipe out! And in fact, if you do, email me the results! Even better, send me your variation on it!
Question of the Day: What is the place you go to first for a new recipe? What about an old recipe or an idea for a recipe? My go-to-recipe-finder is definitely blogs that I read. Most of the time I’m reading other people’s blogs and they have posted a recipe that sounds absolutely amazing, yet easy, and I just have to make it. Other times I just Google what I’m looking for and wa-la!