Apparently one can have too much of a good thing. This is definitely not my opinion, although Sascha, my boyfriend, seems to think this is a true statement. When I find something that I like, I tend to either go a bit overboard with it or I just use, eat, or talk about it repeatedly until whomever is in my path of obsession shoots me down or gets out of the way.
Could this be true with any of the wonderful, healthy foods that I have been eating? Well, not for me. But last night I was told that even though I make exceptionally good raw food and/or clean-eatin’ dishes, Sascha has one complaint. “You use too much tahini.” *Gasp* Is there even such a thing?
Well, Dear Boyfriend, you use too much TV. So there.
Creamy Tahini Veggie Wraps
For the wraps
- Nori sheets or rice paper
- Sriracha Sauce
For the Creamy Tahini Sauce
- 1/2 C non-fat greek yogurt (a vegan sub could be coconut kefir)
- 2-3 T tahini (more or less if you love the taste)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- splash of rice vinegar
- 2 t Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp miso
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- dash of salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and cumin
For the assembly
1. Using a vegetable peeler, peel all of the veggies, zucchini through carrots, into thin strips, resembling fettuccine noodles. Thinly slice the lettuce and finely chop the cilantro and mint. Set all aside.
2. Combine all of the tahini sauce ingredients into a bowl, mixing well. Taste and adjust to your liking. Taste tests are always welcome.
3. Put one Nori sheet shiny side down and place a strip mound of tahini sauce onto one end of the sheet, spreading the sauce. Next add any amount or variation of veggie strips you would like. I threw down a little bit of everything, finishing with some spicy Sriracha.
3. Starting from the loaded end of the Nori, roll as tight as possible, adding a little water to the ending sheet to help hold the roll closed.
4. You’re finished with assembling, now eat!
Veggies Wraps a la Lori, Fillet Mignon by the boyfriend.
So good but way too big. I only ate half- if that- but definitely loaded up on the veggies!
So good, I can’t even begin to put it into words. Um… well, actually I just did put it into words, aka this post, but just know that it’s delicious!
Time for some funny Question of The Day (or just some things to think about):
1. Why is it you must wait until night to call it a day?
2. If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
3. At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?