You Inspire Me…

August 5, 2010

Because you are wonderful.
Because you are selflessly giving.

Because you provide great advice.

Because you are honest.

Because you are beautiful.

Because you are smart.

Because you love.

Because you are loving.

Because you are loved.

Because you are inspiring.

Because you make great recipes.

Because you motivate.

Because you work hard.

Because you comment back.

Because you read.

Because you run.

Because you are gracious.

Because you tri.

Because you live your life.

Because you take great pictures.

Because you push yourself.

Because you eat almond butter.

Because you help others.

Because you write.

Because you veg.

Because you teach.

Because you are adorable.

Because you are simple.

Because you are complex.

Because you travel.

Because you are sweet.

Because you are flexible.

Because you endure.

Because you eat.

Because you embrace.

Because you are healthy.

Because you are joyful.
Because you are giving.
Because you survive.

Because you are simply you.

Thank you for being amazing readers, commenters, and blog writers. And I love that I can share my thoughts, recipes, foods, exercises, rants, and words with you. And I greatly enjoy reading your blog, too. If you are not on this list, you should be (I tried to get a lot of peeps!), because you embrace and embody each and every quality listed above.

You inspire me because you are you.

What will you do to celebrate Operation Beautiful today?

Mwah!

(I promise peppered desserts are coming soon.)

Lauren August 22, 2010 at 5:02 AM

aww lori! you are so sweet! and your guest post was fantastic and so thoughtful. i have never seen a guest poster post so many links to the hosts own blog! πŸ™‚ i missed reading your blog while in Tibet, i am catching up right noww
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..Guest Post- Ashley from The Hungry Scholar =-.

andrea devon August 12, 2010 at 9:07 PM

lori- what a great post- all these blogs are new to me and i am stoked to check them out! i am so happy to have found your adorable blog (and excited that you found mine too!). the photos of you cupcakes and the SC market are incredible… makes me want to move to cali… but our local goodies are pretty amazing too! aloha from maui!

Sarah (GF vegan) August 10, 2010 at 11:12 PM

I’m just catching up on your posts- what a beautiful one! Such a good idea and you’re so kind for including me in your inspiration- thank you, you’ve made my day πŸ™‚
.-= Sarah (GF vegan)´s last blog ..Gluten is Evil… and Wales =-.

Melissa August 10, 2010 at 12:35 PM

I read through this before and I didn’t have time to comment….so now I just want to say how wonderful this post is!!! I really loved it:)
You are beautiful lady!!!
.-= Melissa´s last blog ..Operation beautiful- What I wish was written in my high school bathroom =-.

Michelle August 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM

What a sweet, thoughtful post. Yay you!
.-= Michelle´s last blog ..Banana Pancakes =-.

Simply Life August 8, 2010 at 1:13 AM

Oh what a sweet post!
.-= Simply Life´s last blog ..Meal 1 in Our New Apt- Baked Garlic Fries =-.

Efi@greekyogurt August 7, 2010 at 4:08 AM

This is a lovely post!
.-= Efi@greekyogurt´s last blog ..Shrimps with basil and olive oil =-.

bitt August 6, 2010 at 3:28 PM

I love this! So sweet!

What I’ve done is not hide my emotions and just felt them.
.-= bitt´s last blog ..giveaway- Himalayan Salt Lamp =-.

Alisa August 6, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Oh. My. Goodness. Lori, you are an amazingly wonderful woman. Not only am I insanely honored to be on this list, but I am so excited to visit the blogs of every single one of these ladies … there are some new ones to me, so I’m looking forward to perusing and finding new favorites with some hot tea (and cookies of course).
.-= Alisa´s last blog ..Peanut Butter Truffles and Inexpensive PB Cup Molds =-.

Ricki August 6, 2010 at 9:04 AM

What a fabulous post, Lori! I’ve been hearing such great things about Operation Beautiful. . . fabulous concept. And thanks so much for your comment on my blog, and for reading. Hope you enjoy the (gluten free, egg free, dairy free, sugar free & vegan!) ice cream πŸ˜€
.-= Ricki´s last blog ..Mint Chip Ice Cream–No Ice Cream Maker Required! =-.

Kady August 6, 2010 at 6:01 AM

Lori this is fabulous! You seriously made my day! We are all beautiful because we are unique! Operation Beautiful is a wonderful idea. I want to start complimenting more women in my life more often and in more specific ways, like the qualities you listed, rather than just “you look cute today” or “I like your hair”.
.-= Kady´s last blog ..Best Present Ever =-.

Katie August 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM

You’re so awesome. No seriously. This is great. I have no idea how you did that with the links thing either. your computer skills impress me all the time!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Eat and repeat =-.

Laury @thefitnessdish August 5, 2010 at 5:44 PM

Awesome post, girlie πŸ™‚

I LOVE operation beautiful! I just bought the book, two copies actually. I plan to send the other one to someone that really needs to look in the mirror and realize how beautiful and special they are! One of these days I plan to do a post-it..I need to find the perfect place to leave it!!!!
XO
.-= Laury @thefitnessdish´s last blog ..Thirsty Mocha Thursday &amp Bamboo Winner! =-.

nelly August 5, 2010 at 4:48 PM

you’re beautiful lady!!! <3
.-= nelly´s last blog ..when the cat goes away the little mouse comes out to play =-.

Elaine @ Om Sweet Om August 5, 2010 at 3:41 PM

This is such a beautiful post!
.-= Elaine @ Om Sweet Om´s last blog ..Baking Galore =-.

katie August 5, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Aww this is such a good idea girl! too sweet!
.-= katie´s last blog ..Almost a full day of eats- and MUSCLE MOVEMENT =-.

Pure2Raw Twins August 5, 2010 at 2:53 PM

LOVE YOU!!
.-= Pure2Raw Twins´s last blog ..How we got over our eating disorder =-.

yo yo mama August 5, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Ah….seems to be similarities between the two Mamas

Ilana August 5, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Awww what an adorably sweet post, Lori. I’m always amazed how many wonderful blogs there are out there that just inspire me so much!!

maggie(livingfoodjunkie August 5, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Because you are caring!
Thank you Lori for taking the time to write something so beautiful to each of us πŸ™‚

P.S. I *heart* Operation Beautiful, and Caitlin amazing idea! Today I left some notes around the grocery store πŸ™‚
.-= maggie(livingfoodjunkie´s last blog ..Outdoor Dinner =-.