Fall into Life

September 15, 2010

As the warm summer days (um… what warm days?) drift closer and closer to the cold air of fall, life starts to change.  Maybe our wardrobe moves into sweaters and jeans, our outdoor activities get pushed indoors, or our meal choices get added spices for warmth (sexy cinnamon?). Trees’ leaves turn from vibrant, living green to a crisp, burnt orange and fall to the ground; change is inevitable and all around.

The changing of the seasons give the opportunity to start anew, start over, start fresh. What will Fall change for you?

As the concept of change enters my own life, I have to smile at the opportunity change has to offer, what Fall has to bring. So many new opportunities for wiping out fear, making new friends, helping out others, and being just a bit more happy than yesterday.

With all this change, what better way to ‘Fall’ than with food?

I think Fall marks a little more…

Muffin Baking

Kabocha Roasting

Hummus "Pizza" Lovin'

A lot more desserts (Raw Three Berry Walnut Fig Bar)

Raw Caramel Crumb Cinnamon Apple Pie (and) Ice Cream Cake (because WHEN isn't it a good time for ice cream cake?)

This unavoidable Fall also brings a shift in the Earth… Wikipedia may have “said it best” by its definition of the upcoming Fall Equinox:

An equinox happens each year at two specific moments in time (rather than two whole days), when there is a location on the Earth’s equator where the center of the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead, occurring around March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year.

I guess change really is coming…

September 23rd is 2010’s Fall Equinox. How can you celebrate this shift? A question that does not necessarily have to be answered, but just thought about. Hmmm… how do you celebrate the Equinox, anyway? Averie, do you know?

My goals for Change: Enjoy life as it comes. Let go of what happened yesterday, or the anticipation of what is going to happen tomorrow. But enjoy life today. (Simple statement, big time reward… if you can get there.)

Lift more weight. Spend less money. Take time for myself. Rest, rest, rest.

What are your goals for change?

andrea devon September 17, 2010 at 10:52 AM

my goal is to find a place to settle…. i’ve been in relationship/location/self fluctuation for over a year now, and i really want to find my literal and spiritual home.
and i really would love to make that caramel cake… PLEASE hook me up with that recipe! ohmagawd!
.-= andrea devon´s last blog ..waste not… =-.

Eden September 16, 2010 at 2:36 PM

I need to take more rest days and I’d like to make more money. I hate to admit it, but I’d like to rid myself of my slight diet soda addiction…grrrr
I’m excited for fall foods! I love all the cool squashes and apples!
.-= Eden´s last blog ..2 Min Mug Cake and My Wisdom =-.

Christine September 16, 2010 at 5:53 AM

Oh gawd that cake looks awesome.

” Enjoy life as it comes. Let go of what happened yesterday, or the anticipation of what is going to happen tomorrow. But enjoy life today.”

I’ll have to quote you on that one. I feel the same way…
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Comment on Not JUST Yogurt…Really… by thecookiemonster =-.

christina September 16, 2010 at 5:35 AM

what are those muffins! i want! i need!
.-= christina´s last blog ..Daniel Island Grille Review and Playing with Food =-.

Sarah @Gluten-free tries Vegan September 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM

Wow, all those fall foods look delicious!

I think with Fall I’m going to try to live in the present, stop worrying and trying to get the most out of each day 🙂
.-= Sarah @Gluten-free tries Vegan´s last blog ..USA Trip – Part 2 and Thanks =-.

Madeline - Greens and Jeans September 15, 2010 at 7:01 PM

I’m hoping that change for me will mean some pretty big life/job changes soon!
.-= Madeline – Greens and Jeans´s last blog ..short and amazing =-.

Lauren @ WWoB September 15, 2010 at 6:08 PM

I want to act more the way I think. In my head I am logical, calm, kind, and if not then I try to make myself be. But it is so much harder to do this in action!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..My first poached egg – a success! =-.

Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw September 15, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Hard to think of Fall when it’s in the 90s here still, but the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks tells me it must be getting close. I hope to continue on a path to being more present with my kids and enjoying the little moments that are going by way too fast.

We had a couple of years of LOTS of change and I’m enjoying a figurative season of calmness. As calm as can be when there is a two year old around. 🙂
.-= Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw´s last blog ..The Best Birthday Present Ever! =-.

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) September 15, 2010 at 4:10 PM

the food in this post is off the chain!!!!!

i want it all!

what will fall change/bring? hopefully less blogging and more life. I honestly say it all the time, but i HAVE to have more real life, less computer life 🙂 which is why i am so slacker w/ my comments lately…love you no matter what tho 🙂
.-= Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga)´s last blog ..Psychic Thoughts- Unschooling Follow-Up- Bye To Summer Fruit- Books or Magazines =-.

Kenzie (Healthy Purpose) September 15, 2010 at 4:01 PM

thank you for this reminder! it’s definitely something to sit and think about.

all of your fall food looks great–can’t wait!

Pure2raw twins September 15, 2010 at 3:57 PM

OH wow your hummus pizza looks so good!!

Yes I feel change coming…my changes are to really live in the moment, do not let people get to me, focus on me, get to bed earlier, and yes rest, like you said!

kelsey@snackingsquirrel.com September 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM

omg omg omg omg raw caramel crumb cake!!! i cant believe that this is the best raw cake ive ever seen in my life and ive seen a lot of raw cake..even a festival that held a raw cake competition. this is by far 100 time better! and its a raw ice cream cake to boot! is there a recipe for it? or is it secret… looks fantabulous!! even the berry fig bar is incredible. mmm if that fall food, then i definitely want in haha

xoxo

Katie September 15, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I need to spend less money too. Or at least spend money more wisely.

And I need to start to get to sleep earlier. And be more productive.

I also need to stop there. Too much too soon never works!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Chocolate Sauce Remix =-.