Lululemon Half Marathon Trail Run

September 8, 2010

Hiiii all! What a wonderful unplugged (from technology) weekend I had. And can you believe that it’s already Wednesday?! Only two full days left of work. Ah, I love long weekends.

Anyway, on Labor Day my younger sister and I ran a half marathon trail run that was put on my Lululemon Athletica in Los Gatos, where I live. Without really training for this run, I did pretty well. I mean, I’ve been running, CrossFit’ing, and weight lifting, but haven’t really done much speed work or long, long runs. The 13.1 miles, half of which were on a local trail, UPHILL and hard, which we were not aware of, was difficult but super rewarding. Don’t most, if not all challenging things you get through rewarding?

Pre-Race

Christine, left. Sleepy Me, right: Don't judge our beauty... lol

Ek... we look horrible... but it was 6:45 in the morning.

Me!

My sister!

Yes, wonderful (“unmakeuped” and sweaty) pictures…

Post Race

Shweaty, shweaty mess. ๐Ÿ™‚

Again, don't judge. Not our finest pictures. ๐Ÿ˜‰

*Ahem* Check out numba’ 38 finisher… Not horrible! And I placed 5th in my age group… (out of 50, but shhhh, don’t tell anyone that was it).

Woot Woot!! 38th overall and 5th place in age group!

I got the exact same time as I ran my first half marathon last year… which is good since this was a trail run, with actual intense hills to climb.

Showered, clean, dressed, makup'ed, and about to be fed.

And for the nutrition part of today’s post, I give you the race weekend eats!

Pre-Race Dinner

Oh yes, these are RED KABOCHAS! Thank you Whole Foods!

Protein packed: Beef/Lamb burgers

Burgers (mine bunless), baked red kabocha, and veggie fixings

Post Race Recovery

Chocolate Coconut Green Smoothie Recovery Smoothie

We also gorged on these protein muffins, which were a chocolate version, unpictured. But you can bet these were so delicious that I’ll be making them again- with pictures.

And that concludes today’s post. I hope you enjoyed it… simple and a little random. Just how I like it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Laury @thefitnessdish September 9, 2010 at 11:28 AM

You girls are so pretty….shweaty messes and all ๐Ÿ˜‰

Congrats on the run, you did fab!!!
.-= Laury @thefitnessdish´s last blog ..Thirsty โ€œClueโ€ Thursday =-.

dream puppy September 9, 2010 at 7:07 AM

Whatever, you guys look GREAT! Very good time on the marathon to you both. My first and last halfie was around 2:30….so I am impressed!

The shake looks awesome!!! Totally craving one!

Madeline - Greens and Jeans September 9, 2010 at 6:46 AM

You are amazing! A hilly trail half marathon without much training and you still finished in under two hours? Heck yes!
.-= Madeline – Greens and Jeans´s last blog ..sneaky and a giveaway! =-.

kate September 9, 2010 at 3:57 AM

congrats on the race!!!! what a cool accomplishment!
.-= kate´s last blog ..Baked Oatmeal =-.

yo yo mama September 9, 2010 at 2:40 AM

wow! I’m impressed by you two!

maggie @livingfoodjunkie September 8, 2010 at 10:42 PM

Congrats to you and your sister! What did she end up placing? You both look beautiful before and after the race ๐Ÿ™‚
.-= maggie @livingfoodjunkie´s last blog ..Garden Pests and Harvesting Lettuce =-.

Katie September 8, 2010 at 7:34 PM

I love that you can just run 13 miles without training, on an uphill trail no less. I’d have died.

Red kabocha?!!?!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Veg-tastic vacation reveries =-.

Ela September 8, 2010 at 7:02 PM

‘simple and a little random’ – sounds just right to me! Awesome that you get to do something like that with your sister. And you both look great. Sounds like an impressive addition to all that intense working-out you do – very primal, too, having a one-off long-distance run event.

Are you feeling great now? I hope it feels good over there.
.-= Ela´s last blog ..30 Days of Self Love – Perfectionism – and Green Smoothie =-.

Lauren September 8, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Way to go!! 8:50 is great, especially for thiirrtteeennn miles! ๐Ÿ™‚
.-= Lauren´s last blog ..โ€œMmm- what a delicious failureโ€ฆโ€ =-.

Pure2raw twins September 8, 2010 at 5:14 PM

You and your sister are beautiful!! Congrats on your race that is awesome!
.-= Pure2raw twins´s last blog ..Collard Grapefruit Smoothie =-.

Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw September 8, 2010 at 12:28 PM

Yay for you two beautiful and strong ladies! Nice work.
.-= Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw´s last blog ..Salad Love โ€“ Episode Three- Rise of the Chickpeas =-.

ericaunmasked.blogspot.com September 8, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hi Friend – GOOD JOB. I have a half coming up – and trying crossfit soon. They are slotting me in sooner b/c of my schedule:) I can’t wait. I love your eats. Looks yummy!
.-= ericaunmasked.blogspot.com´s last blog ..Speechless =-.

Kelly Michelle September 8, 2010 at 9:38 AM