Friday has graced her presence once again. She sweet lure of the outdoors, the text messages to remind everyone of happy hour, the clock ticking down to 5 pm. Yep, it’s a Friday.
Today, for you, since I am in the midst of a blog dry spell, it’s Random Facts Friday!
(VERY) Random Facts:
- Chocolate chip cookies were made by mistake when the chocolate in the cookie did not melt properly.
- An estimated 15% to 20% of people who receive gift cards never redeem them.
- It’s estimated that Elwood Edwards is heard some 64,000,000 times per day. He’s the voice behind America Online’s “Welcome” and “You’ve Got Mail.”
- The first lotions and moisturizers date back to 3000 BC, when people in the Near East used whipped ostrich eggs and crocodile dung to keep their skin looking fresh.
- If the tracks on a typical compact disc ran in a straight line, they would travel for about three miles.
- -40 degrees Fahrenheit and -40 degrees Celsius are identical. That’s the point at which both temperature scales converge.
- Wrigley’s gum was the first product with a bar code to be scanned at a supermarket.
- A praying mantis has one ear.
- The 1904 Summer Olympic Games, held in St. Louis, included such bizarre competitions as greased pole climbing, rock throwing, and even mud fighting.
- There are 293 ways to make change for a U.S. dollar.
(I told you they were random… and found at this pretty cool site: www.mentalfloss.com)
Random Facts about Lori:
- In high school, I traveled around Europe for three weeks with People to People Student Ambassadors. We visited England, Ireland, Wales, and Scotland. During this time, we had homestays in Ireland and England- lived with host families, visited countless castles (duh), learned about each country, and even worked in rainforest in Wales, clearing overgrowth.
- Also in high school, I traveled to Germany and Italy to see where my ancestors came from. My mom, sister, and I event attended a large family reunion in Germany.
- My dream job would involve making food for others, teaching about nutrition, (and) or exercising all day- every day. 😉
- In 4th grade I fell off my bike (well… there’s more to that story…) and broke both of my arms. I had one regular cast and one temporary cast. Talk about embarrassing.
- I have met the most amazing people through blogs (mine and others’). It sounds weird to say to other’s, “Oh yeah, my friend… um, actually my blog friend…” but really, you are all my friends- whether we’ve met or not.
- I have never had a cavity.
- I have a little obsession with watching the same movies over and over. Some of these movies (at one time or another) included (don’t laugh!): Little Women, Mrs. Doubtfire, Romeo & Juliet (the new version), The Devil Wears Prada, The Wedding Planner, and Eurotrip. (Not really sure why THESE movies… don’t judge me…)
- My last meal would be almond butter and honey. And lots of it.
- I am a competitive person, by nature. I rarely continue doing something that I am not good at- except for weight lifting in CrossFit. This is super challenging and I lift far less than a lot of people… I guess I don’t like being out of my comfort zone, which continuing with CrossFit is a good thing.
- I am LOVING weight training. Loving it.
And just because… I’ll leave you with this that I find pretty entertaining…