More Big Easy

October 8, 2010

View from our hotel- right out onto the water.

I’m telling you, I’m obsessed with New Orleans now. πŸ˜‰ More pictures from an awesome trip!

Sing, Dance, Live: Chick had an AMAZING voice

Letting it all hang down...

Ok, so Wednesday I bombarded you with photos from my New Orleans trip. Well, today, I’m going to do the same. πŸ˜‰ A little more of what I ate in the Big Easy…

Red Velvet and Chocolate Deluxe

The Kupcake Factory may have sparked my interest… just look at all the crazy wonderful flavors and tell me you could pass this place up.

Yes... they were REALLY good.

And one seriously mention-worthy dinner was had atMuriel’s Jackson Square Restaurant. A little pricey but worth the cash.

Vegetarians and Vegans., close your eyes…

Martini? Yes.

Turtle Soup with swirled sherry (it came highly recommended... but sad to eat...)

My mom's dish: Wood Grilled Swordfish with a panzanella salad of arugula, cucumbers, vine-ripened tomatoes and red onions with grilled french bread; finished with a basil pesto

My Meal: Veal & Crab- Pan seared Veal scaloppine, topped with jumbo lump crabmeat; with mashed potatoes, asparagus and a bearnaise sauce

Doesn’t look super appetizing but it was damn good. I couldn’t chose what to get on the menu so I just gave the waiter a few choices and told him to pick… he definitely chose a winner. πŸ˜‰

~-~-~-~-~–~-~-~-~-~–~-~

Breakfast’s were about the same… everything comes with Grits.

Crawfish tail, shrimp, and crab omlete with a side of grits.

Mama's Breakfast: Eggs Benedict

I feel stuffed and sick just from that food recap… seriously, I love it in that city, but I’d be super super NOT healthy if I lived there. But once in a lifetime it’s ok to try all the food in a new place… right? πŸ˜‰

~-~-~-~-~–~-~-~-~-~–~-~

Me and one of my business partners

Now that I’ve shared all that I can about my trip, I’m done. Sorry for that semi-useless post but hey, you get to live vicariously through me. Oh, and my mom is 62… good guesses! I think she (and her skin!) looks pretty great for her age. But shhhhh, don’t tell her I said that.

~-~-~-~-~–~-~-~-~-~–~-~

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be.Β  -George Sheehan

Who are you meant to be?

Katie October 14, 2010 at 8:12 PM

I think I just went into sugar shock looking at those cupcakes. I mean that in a really good way.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..How’d that mushroom get there =-.

Alisa October 11, 2010 at 6:43 PM

It looks like you had so much fun! I’m glad the trip went so well!!!
.-= Alisa´s last blog ..Lentil Vegan Burgers or Slider Patties =-.

Ela October 11, 2010 at 7:54 AM

Great pictures – looks like you got good weather there too.

Conceptually, I love the idea of ‘just trying everything’ and really participating in the vibe of a place. But with allergies, etc, I’m having a hard enough time just staying at the in-laws’ farm! I think I’d be struggling not to feel alienated – but I’d probably take my iron-stomached husband and live vicariously through him πŸ˜‰

What a great question, who were you meant to be? – I’ll ponder that all day today, no answer just yet!

Hav a great Monday!
.-= Ela´s last blog ..Hiking- Mushroom Hunting- Rain =-.

Laury @TheFitnessDish October 10, 2010 at 4:35 PM

I am OBSESSED with New Orleans! It was the first big trip Michael and i took together when we were dating. BEST FOOD! I have a few of those pics you have. Such a fun town…we need to go back, post-baby, LOL…I loved those “Huge Ass Beers to Go”—-so much fun! Looks like you had a fantastic time!!!!

NO idea who I was “meant to be” still trying to figure that one out. I would hope a motivator and mentor to others?
.-= Laury @TheFitnessDish´s last blog ..Fridayyy Fiiiive!!!!! =-.

Pure2raw twins October 10, 2010 at 7:08 AM

Love the pictures! I have not been to New Orleans since I was little, now I want to go back. : )

kate October 10, 2010 at 4:32 AM

look like so much fun! i wanna go on vacation sooooo badly!
.-= kate´s last blog ..Famous People Friday =-.

Joanne October 10, 2010 at 3:34 AM

I’m pretty sure you’ve just made ME fall in love with New Orleans! I want to eat everything you ate and see everything you saw. So glad you had such an awesome trip!
.-= Joanne´s last blog ..Spinach and Onion Curry Pizza on a Pumpkin Pizza Dough Crust – Project Food Blog Challenge 4 =-.

Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw October 9, 2010 at 2:48 AM

I’m kinda full just looking at those pictures. But I’m also craving cupcakes now ….

Happy Weekend!
.-= Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw´s last blog ..Pssst- I used my stove… =-.

Angela (the diet book junkie) October 8, 2010 at 3:50 PM

wow, New Orleans looks like a fun town! can’t say i’ve had turtle soup before. (did it taste like chicken? :p)

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan October 8, 2010 at 1:31 PM

TURTLE soup? Are you serious?! That is CRAZY! And kind of awesome.
(I’m not an ethical vegan, so I get to say that. :P)
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..105 Degrees- elucidation &amp minutiae =-.

ericaunmasked.blogspot.com October 8, 2010 at 1:12 PM

hey girl! can you tell me more about your skincare? I am in need of some good new stuff:)
.-= ericaunmasked.blogspot.com´s last blog ..A New Day =-.

Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com October 8, 2010 at 11:20 AM

I don’t know what I was meant to be but I know I was meant to eat those cupcakes! heehee! Forget the rest, just give me the cupcakes! See..I was meant to be really unhealthy if I were to eat the sugar I want to eat every day! UGH!
Loving your blog!
.-= Tori @ FIToriBLOG.com´s last blog ..advice needed short term oral steroids =-.