A Short One

November 17, 2010

So, it’s been quite a few days since I’ve last posted and I’m having withdrawals from that fact. But, I have so much to share with everyone, and it will take a little more time than I have right now to write it. So today’s post is short and sweet and filled with wordless pictures. Enjoy Wordless Wednesday.

So, I lied, it’s not wordless, but there is a definitely lack of many words. I’m that type of person who has to say what I’m thinking… But that’s what the next post is for, explaining all the pictures!

November 14th Gratitude: Birthday wishes from everyone!

November 15th Gratitude: Monday’s… without them, you’re just not starting your week… (Um, yeah right!).

November 16th Gratitude: Life-saving practice. I am now (re)CPR/AED Certified through the American Heart Association. Gotta, since I’m going to be a personal trainer in T-Minus two months. (Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!) πŸ˜‰

November 17th Gratitude: Pictures. Pictures really do tell a thousand words without one sound.

In what way do you express yourself without saying a thing? My eyes and facial expressions say it all. I use my eye for talking quite often. That look.. good or bad.. you can tell.

Are you a talker or a listener? I love to express myself to people whom I am comfortable with. I’m quite if I don’t know you well. I am a listener, observer, and thinker. I like to watch my surroundings and get a feel for it and the people around me. I also internalize everything and am way guilty of thinking too much. Gotta work on just going with the flow more. πŸ™‚

Pure2raw twins November 20, 2010 at 6:51 AM

oh man, sorry we have been missing your posts : (

But everything looks amazing!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday week!!!

xoxo

Ela November 19, 2010 at 7:36 AM

Congrats on the CPR/trainer cert thing – that’s such an awesome step forward! Progress is so good for heart and soul.

I’ve been missing blogging too, but hopefully will get to write more again now I’m almost home.

Beautiful photos.

I prefer to listen (as evidenced by the fact that I’ve kept up my blog commenting while traveling but barely my blogging) but I also love to write – prefer it to talking, really. That said, in the right company, I can be a talker. My husband and I definitely talk a lot and the one relationship I had with a guy who wouldn’t talk was difficult for me. Interesting question.

.-= Ela´s last blog ..Visiting- Shopping and Body Image- Vantra Restaurant Review =-.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan November 18, 2010 at 5:54 PM

Oh! So many delicious-looking sweet treats I could cry! “Explosion” cookies? Hell yes.

I’m actually known for being really expressionless and monotone oftentimes… I don’t know why I came out with this demeanor, but I’ve always been this way! I think I make up for it, though, with my uber-bubbly online persona. πŸ˜›

Alisa Cooks November 18, 2010 at 5:15 PM

Hey, I recognize some of those things! Hope you are well Lori!

Um, I’m definitely a talker and a listener – I just don’t like silence πŸ™‚
.-= Alisa Cooks´s last blog ..Vegan Thanksgiving E-Cookbooks =-.

kate November 18, 2010 at 3:35 AM

holy yums! i want the recipe for those chocolate cookies!
.-= kate´s last blog ..Happiness is… =-.

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle November 17, 2010 at 4:44 PM

omg that frosting looks amazing!!!!
.-= salah@myhealthiestlifestyle´s last blog ..Narnia =-.

Kristen (swanky dietitian) November 17, 2010 at 2:24 PM

There is just too many good things on this post! Everything looks delish!

People always tell me my expressions often give me away. I am also not good at lying..which is probably a good thing!!
.-= Kristen (swanky dietitian)´s last blog ..Boston- FNCE- Food- and Fun! =-.

Katie November 17, 2010 at 12:34 PM

Whatever is in that squash, I want it in my belly. And that pulled steak/pork/chicken/whatever sandwich. And that ROLL!

I have no control over my facial features. If I think something, you can see it all over my face. I still don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..All because of the salt =-.

Anne November 17, 2010 at 12:22 PM

Talker extraordinaire here! πŸ™‚ Glad the CPR training is ov-ah. So awkward… Go Trainer Lori, Go! (PS: That cupcake photo just induced heart palpitations.)
.-= Anne´s last blog ..Sleep- Weight Loss and Workouts =-.

Melissa November 17, 2010 at 12:07 PM

Umm..I just had lunch but I want to eat again!!
Ps happy belated birthday!!!
I’m learning to be a listener. I like to give advice but I know that some people just want someone to listen to them so I’m to keep quiet a bit more often:)
Also huge congrats on becoming a fitness trainer..wahoo!! What a great way to start the new year!
.-= Melissa´s last blog ..cheesy chili nachos with homemade gaucamole and salsa!!! =-.

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) November 17, 2010 at 11:48 AM

oh man. those chocolate explosion cookies. *drool*

ha! like you, i TOTALLY express myself with my facial expressions. i’m told it’s a hereditary thing. i guess on my mom’s side of the family (last name Arndt), all the women have the “Arndt look”. my mom and aunt say the husband of Arndt women should start a support group from dealing with “the look.” LOL!
apparently i’ve inherited the ability to effectively and violently express myself with a look.

i try to be more of a listener. but, if i have something significant to say, i’ll share πŸ™‚
.-= Heather (Perspective Is Everything)´s last blog ..Almost a decade since our first kiss =-.

kat November 17, 2010 at 9:27 AM

I am currently drooling now!! The frosting in that first pic is out of this world! Oh my goodness so yummy looking!! Congrats on getting cpr certified!