Monday Talk

November 8, 2010

Soooooooooooo……. What shall we talk about today?

It’s Monday. We all got an extra hour to sleep in, sort of, right? I definitely appreciated that time change. Waking up at 5:15 am, when my body feels like it’s really 6:15 am, actually helped a lot. With that extra little bit of sleep, I was able to PR on my deadlift this morning in CrossFit (Hell yeah!). I PR’ed by 15 pounds for a 3 rep max, which means I have a lot more in my lift for the next time we do 1 rep maxing. (does that lingo make any sense to anyone besides me?)

What else could we talk about? Shall we talk about gratitude? How about two things I’m grateful for for Sunday and Monday’s Gratitude Nuggets?

November 7 Gratitude Nugget: Being blessed with great friends, via this blog and in person.

I am grateful for knowing some inspiring, energetic, motivating, and just awesome women in the blog world. I know that if I have a question about something or even a bad day, I have a few friends out there that I can lean on. It doesn’t matter that they are virtual friends, they are still friends.

In the “real world” I have some pretty cool friends too. On Saturday, a friend got some free tickets to see the Sharks play. Free? Yes. Even better, 6th row. Um, definitely YES. Thank you, Neil!

Spoiled.

Hiiiiii!

I do love a good photo session...

November 8 Gratitude Nugget: Weight lifting PR’s.

These girls know some things about breaking personal records. It feels great lifting more than you did previously, especially when you’re not even aware of it until after you complete the lift and add up the weight. πŸ™‚

So, we’ve gotten Monday out of the way. We’ve talked about gratitude and even some exercise. The only thing left to chat about is food. Of course we have to include foods from the weekend.

Wine and dine you’re hearts out…

Roasted lamb marinated with a mint chimichurri sauce

Clockwise from lower left: Seared calamari steak, curried chickpea mash, grilled/pan fried sardines, meat from King crab legs, chimichurri roasted lamb, and roasted okra

QUESTIONS—>

Gratitude: What are you grateful for at this moment? You. And your future comment on this post!

What habit have you been indulging in? My habit at the moment may or may not be drinking coffee… and rice milk lattes. I’m addicted. πŸ˜‰

april November 10, 2010 at 5:23 PM

Dang you are turning into a beast!! I want to see what my 1 RM is but I’m too chicken! LOL. But yes, PR’s are pretty much the best feeling ever! I always want to go tell someone but sadly nobody understands..except some of the blogworld like you!

Amy B @ Second City Randomness November 10, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I think daylight savings time has really helped me out, too. My sleep has been much better lately! Can’t complain there… πŸ™‚
.-= Amy B @ Second City Randomness´s last blog ..Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut =-.

erica November 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM

That game looks like it was a blast and those pictures look amazing!!

Alisa Cooks November 9, 2010 at 3:02 PM

How much fun! And I am soooo jealous of that food. It looks amazing.

Grateful for …. hmmm… my cuddly cat
Indulging on … cookies, what else?
.-= Alisa Cooks´s last blog ..Peanut-Miso Sauce Chicken with Vegan Option =-.

Laury @thefitnessdish November 9, 2010 at 2:18 PM

CONGRATS ON YOUR PR!!!!!! YOU’RE MY HERO!!!

I am grateful for the baby in my belly!!! And for my wonderful, fantastic, supportive hubby that has been nothing but amazing!!

you are soooooo puuuurty πŸ™‚

I used to LOVE going to ice hockey games. My sister was an ice hockey star, like hard core played on with girls that made the Olympics–so my family was ALL about hockey. My brothers played too, but they weren’t as hard core as my sis.
.-= Laury @thefitnessdish´s last blog ..Leave a Message… =-.

Christine November 9, 2010 at 10:54 AM

Congrats on your PR, Lori!!
.-= Christine´s last blog ..Ladies Lift Too!! =-.

Ela November 9, 2010 at 5:22 AM

Gorgeous pics of your lovely self! And what a beautiful spread – did you make all that? My eye was drawn to the okra – it’s a food my Israeli grandma made a lot when I was growing up, so I feel a real affinity for it. Looked so good to me, even fixed differently.

Congrats on your PR! I think I was able to parse your jargon fairly well.

Habits I’m indulging in? Probably reading blogs when maybe I should be grabbing those moments to work on some of my jobs, visit with people here or write my own blog, lol!

So glad to be able to stay connected with you smart strong women.

.-= Ela´s last blog ..From London – Family Baby Pics!- Parks- Good Living- VitaOrganic Restaurant =-.

kate November 9, 2010 at 3:49 AM

my indulgences lately have been kombucha and salty dog chocolate. are you familiar with the salty dog? dark chocolate with bits of toffee and sea salt. yummmmmmy!
.-= kate´s last blog ..Gratitude Attitude =-.

Kate November 8, 2010 at 11:30 PM

I’ve always wanted to try okra, it looks yum! I have never seen a calamari steak before either! I don’t think we have those here in Oz. Love your blog πŸ™‚
Kate
.-= Kate´s last blog ..The protein myth debunked =-.

Pure2raw twins November 8, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Lori again it was a pleasure to finally meet you. I hope to send you an email something is week to catch up some more πŸ™‚ Michelle
.-= Pure2raw twins´s last blog ..Random but fun weekend =-.

Kady November 8, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Congrats on the PR!
I am so grateful for the warm weather we’ve been having! I love being able to ride my bike to school. I’m also grateful for my incredible classmates who are helping me get through my first semester of grad school…I don’t know what I’d do without them.

My habit lately – putting off studying?? Can that count?
.-= Kady´s last blog ..Heat Therapy =-.

Katie November 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM

New PR!!! Awesome!! That’s such a great feeling.

Oh, girl, that okra isn’t nearly done enough! You need to be seeing char marks on it…it will be MUCH better, I promise. But the rest of that spread looks like it made up for it!

Coffee. I just realized I’ve been drinking decaf for the last week. blerg. Silly mom sent me the wrong coffee, and I didn’t even notice! Except that I’ve been tired at 2 pm every day!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..A sort of cop out =-.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan November 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM

You look so pretty in those photos! Congrats on your PR πŸ™‚ and my habit lately is…raw chocolate chip cookies. I mean, I have like two dozen of them…want some? πŸ˜›
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..Sunday eats atΒ 105degrees =-.

Anne November 8, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Go girl!!! It’s so cool to see a new PR make your day-to-day lifts stronger! πŸ™‚ Indulged in too much wheat the past week due to travel. Feeling better already getting it off the books!
.-= Anne´s last blog ..shameless plug =-.

Lauren @ WWoB November 8, 2010 at 12:50 PM

Congrats on the PR!!! Woot! That is awesome. Actual physical signs of progress are the best!
At the moment I am grateful forrrr….. my warm winter clothes πŸ™‚
And I have been indulging in my coffee habit big time. And my blowing money on food habit.
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..Bad blogger! =-.