Gingerbread Gingered Cookies

December 21, 2010

I should be saving this recipe for the Twelve Day of Holiday Eats, but I’m not.

I should be doing some work right now, but I’m not.

I should be eating these cookies right now, but I’m not.

At least I can share a recipe.

Gingerbread Gingered Cookies

• 2/3 cup almonds
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or flour of choice)
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 – 1/4 tsp nutmeg and cloves
  • 8 medjool dates, chopped
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 5 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
  • few pieces candied ginger, finely chopped
  • 3 tbsp sugar in the raw (for topping)

1. Place almonds and oats in a food processor and process until the almonds are completely broken down, forming a powder. Add in the flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Process to combine.

2. Pour in vanilla, maple syrup, and dates, processing until mixture starts to form into a ball. Taste and adjust spices, sweetness, etc., to your liking.

3. Roll into mall balls and flatten out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a few pieces of the chopped ginger and some sugar in the raw. Optional to bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or freeze, refrigerate, or eat as is.

What should you be doing right now?

melissa December 23, 2010 at 6:12 AM

I should be responding to emails but I’m not lol!
These cookies look great! Love the ginger!!
.-= melissa´s last blog ..The holiday baking begins! =-.

Alisa Fleming December 22, 2010 at 7:31 AM

OMG Lori, you are killing me. I need to work, not make these … but you know how I love all things no bake AND ginger!
.-= Alisa Fleming´s last blog ..Grain-Free- Nut-Free Snickerdoodles =-.

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) December 22, 2010 at 5:51 AM

i should be sleeping! it’s too early!!
i love ginger. this recipe looks amazing and totally do-able 🙂 thanks for sharing.
.-= Heather (Perspective Is Everything)´s last blog ..Music Monday! =-.

Joanne December 22, 2010 at 4:09 AM

I’ve seen a lot of gingerbread cookie recipes this year. But these are by far my favorite. Ginger to the MAX!
.-= Joanne´s last blog ..English Muffin Bread with Pumpkin Pomegranate Butter and Homemade Peanut Butter =-.

Katie December 21, 2010 at 5:37 PM

I should be talking to my mom but she’s working and I’m tired.

These cookies look A-mazing. I love ginger.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..This is how we do it =-.

Katie December 21, 2010 at 11:52 AM

I don’t know what I should be doing. I’ve been sitting around all day since after my 5:30am BodyPump class. Sometimes break isn’t always good. =P I have about 35 minutes until I leave for yoga, but I am debating whether to go. I wish I had a yoga buddy. 🙁
.-= Katie´s last blog ..some observations =-.

Lindsay Cotter December 21, 2010 at 10:26 AM

I should be working but I am reading your blog, hehe. I never thought about adding candied ginger to gingerbread cookies…..DUH!! Delicious!
LC
.-= Lindsay Cotter´s last blog ..Daily Dosage of “D” =-.

kat December 21, 2010 at 10:24 AM

I should be heading to the store to get some ginger