I should be saving this recipe for the Twelve Day of Holiday Eats, but I’m not.
I should be doing some work right now, but I’m not.
I should be eating these cookies right now, but I’m not.
At least I can share a recipe.
Gingerbread Gingered Cookies
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup oats
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend (or flour of choice)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 – 1/4 tsp nutmeg and cloves
- 8 medjool dates, chopped
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp pure maple syrup, to taste
- few pieces candied ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp sugar in the raw (for topping)
1. Place almonds and oats in a food processor and process until the almonds are completely broken down, forming a powder. Add in the flour, salt, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Process to combine.
2. Pour in vanilla, maple syrup, and dates, processing until mixture starts to form into a ball. Taste and adjust spices, sweetness, etc., to your liking.
3. Roll into mall balls and flatten out on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle each cookie with a few pieces of the chopped ginger and some sugar in the raw. Optional to bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes or freeze, refrigerate, or eat as is.
What should you be doing right now?