Say Goodbye…

December 6, 2010

To poor quality pictures.

Because I got a new camera! An awesome (belated but great) birthday present from Sascha, the Boyfriend. The Nikon D500. This is seriously the best present ever.

And let’s take a look at the incredible difference a quality camera make, shall we? Starting with this weekend’s trip to Wine Country.

EARLY morning 2.5 hr drive to wine taste... I was still asleep

This is OUR place. I'm a member of the wine club here- best wines ever.

The boyfriend šŸ™‚

Free Champagne to start the day

Now I can officially take some decent photographs. And really, delicious food deserves nothing less, wouldn’t you agree?

I LOVE my new camera… I just need to figure out how to really use it. šŸ™‚

Hope you had a great weekend! Happy Monday!

Megan (Braise The Roof) December 8, 2010 at 12:12 PM

What an amazing present! I’ve been hinting at a new camera, too- don’t think it’s in the cards this year, though. At least my trusty point and shoot is still in good condition! That trip looks like so much fun, and the mussels look especially good. And the wine of course. šŸ˜‰
.-= Megan (Braise The Roof)´s last blog ..When in Doubt- Make Eggs =-.

Alisa Cooks December 8, 2010 at 7:47 AM

Congrats! I am soooo jealous!! Looks like you are learning quickly, the pictures look great!
.-= Alisa Cooks´s last blog ..Quadruple Chocolate Vegan Muffin-Cakes ā€“ and a BIG Contest! =-.

Laury @thefitnessdish December 7, 2010 at 5:42 PM

Congrats on the new cam!!! It takes gorgeous pics!!! I am STILL learning how to use my Canon Rebel…and I got it for my b-day 2 years ago :/
.-= Laury @thefitnessdish´s last blog ..Random Thoughts Tuesday =-.

Lindsay Cotter December 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM

oh how I love wine, wine tasting, vineyards, sonoma! I can smell the vines through the computer. haha, okay not really but that looks like a heck of a time.
Cheers!
LC
.-= Lindsay Cotter´s last blog ..22 days =-.

Pure2raw twins December 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Yahoo!!!! Love the new camera and all the great pics!! I am still learning my Nikon but I love it!! We can learn from each other how to best use it šŸ˜‰

I wish I could have gone wine tasting… so much fun!! xoxo

~Michelle

Monique December 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I’d looove to start my day with free champagne šŸ™‚ Those pictures are AWESOME!!! I love NorCal šŸ™‚ Oh also, I can’t wait until I can afford a nice camera haha.
.-= Monique´s last blog ..Travel hates me =-.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan December 6, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Hooray for new cameras! Funny how it can take your appreciation for pretty food to a whole new level. šŸ™‚

This post is one big parade of foodie awesomeness!
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..Weekend eats in Oklahoma City =-.

Katie December 6, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Looks like you’ve got it figured out to me! Is that the auto setting? I have camera envy right now. And food envy. And wine envy. I’m green.
.-= Katie´s last blog ..Jolly old St Nicolas =-.

Lauren @ WWoB December 6, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Oh my gosh, the photos look SO good and so crisp! As does the food.. and you… Yay!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..Chocolate Muffins with a hint of coconut =-.

Hannah December 6, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Oooh, much envy! Not only a fancy new camera (mine is getting shoddier by the day…) but a fancy new camera from a boyfriend! And mussels! I’d like all of that, please. šŸ˜‰
.-= Hannah´s last blog ..Single-Serving Maple Cornmeal Cake For My Blogiversary =-.

Ela December 6, 2010 at 4:33 PM

Wonderful photos, although my internet connection is rebelling! What a great gift. Good phood photos aside, the pic of you and your bf is the best of the bunch, I think.

Happy Monday!
.-= Ela´s last blog ..Looking Forward and Back Upcoming Giveaway =-.

GirlonRaw December 6, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Um, I love your camera!!! I have the model just down from it, and I cannot get my piccies to look half as good as yours. Did you just have it on the auto setting or do you have half an idea (compared to me?) The pictures look so clear and lovely. You are going to turn into a photog geek šŸ™‚
.-= GirlonRaw´s last blog ..Can You Help Out for A Great Cause =-.

melissa December 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM

YAY!! congrats on the new camera! I got a nikon D80 awhile ago..still have to figure out how to use it too:)
Looks like a fun weekend!!
.-= melissa´s last blog ..Confessions =-.

christina December 6, 2010 at 11:43 AM

congrats on the new camera! beautiful pics šŸ™‚
.-= christina´s last blog ..Family Night at Sette with a Sweet Stop at Menchieā€™s =-.

Katie December 6, 2010 at 11:26 AM

I love the new camera! šŸ™‚
.-= Katie´s last blog ..the big kahuna =-.

Natalie @ cinnamonbums December 6, 2010 at 9:23 AM

aww yayy your pictures look amazing! bet youre having so much fun with that camera!

those mussels look delish and i like sascha’s jacket! haha
.-= Natalie @ cinnamonbums´s last blog ..Short Update =-.

kat December 6, 2010 at 8:20 AM

Jealous!!! Everything looks amazing. The pictures are beautiful!!