Cedar Baked Alaskan Salmon

January 18, 2011

I hope I thoroughly grossed everyone out yesterday with the giant grub pictures. 🙂 Good eats, right? (mwahahaha!)

Maybe that worm didn’t go too well with the food pictures I posted about… sorry. But I’ll make up for it today! No more bugs.

But how about salmon (parasites? Kidding!)?

Remember yesterday when I mentioned Anne got me some cedar planks for baking???? Well, they went to great use…

Some with jalapenos and lemon slices…

Some without.

Wrap, tie, and bake.

Then let mingle with friends.

Classy with quinoa… lazy, right out of the pot.

Massive green salad and slightly steamed and salted asparagus finish the dish perfectly.

Cedar Baked Alaskan Salmon

• Cedar wood baking planks (six, soaked in water for 30 minutes)
  • 2 pounds (Alaskacaught) salmon, sliced into six 5-oz slabs
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional lemon slices (and jalapeno)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On each wood plank, lay one piece of salmon, skin-side down. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and optional items. Fold the wood planks around the salmon, tying each with a piece of string.

Place in a glass baking dish and repeat with remaining five wood planks and salmon pieces. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until salmon is tender and flaky.

Unwrap and eat.

What is one useful gift you have received?

Is it sunny in your neck of the woods? It’s amazing outside where I am!

Monica Soto January 19, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I’m definitely going to have to try your salmon recipe. I’m a sucker for fish and ANYTHING with jalapenos!
.-= Monica Soto´s last blog ..Four Horsemen of Personal Suckage =-.

Alisa Fleming January 18, 2011 at 7:42 PM

Wait, wait … another food post? How am I supposed to burn all this food off without some exercise? 🙂

That salmon dish looks so amazingly pretty. Does the cedar impart any noticable flavor?

Useful gift? Wow, the husband gets me useful gifts all the time, the most recent was a netbook. I like that one 🙂

Sunny … yes, and far too warm for this time of year! Come back snow, come back.
.-= Alisa Fleming´s last blog ..New Gluten-Free Recipe Index =-.

sophia January 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM

The weather here (LA) is GORGEOUS!!! It’s the perfect weather to grill, maybe your salmon with grilled asparagus….mmm…

Kelly Michelle January 18, 2011 at 7:26 PM

ahhhh that is pretty much my definition of a perfect meal, salmon, asparagus and a giant salad!?!?!!? Sign me up!!!

It’s been pretty warm here in Miami 🙂

Pure2raw twins January 18, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Love salmon! Love cedar baked salmon too!

YUM!

And seriously, if you ever want to come check out Charlotte, you have a place to stay 🙂

Katie January 18, 2011 at 2:35 PM

I’ve never even heard of cedar baking planks, but I am intrigued. What else can you use them for?

I want to have dinner with you!
.-= Katie´s last blog ..One-upping Trader Joe’s Red Pepper Spread Alternate title- How NOT to roast eggplant =-.

Lindsay Cotter January 18, 2011 at 12:04 PM

now thats an awesome gift! WOW, just wow! I bet it taste amazing too.
.-= Lindsay Cotter´s last blog ..The Weekend Update =-.

Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw January 18, 2011 at 11:47 AM

The sun finally came out yesterday and I ran outside immediately with the munchkins to play. It was glorious.

I got a new camera for Christmas that is way smarter than me, but I’m loving it!
.-= Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw´s last blog ..Faux-ChoRizo =-.

Christine (The Raw Project) January 18, 2011 at 11:24 AM

The salmon looks like something my husband would love, beautiful pics.

We’re finally getting sun today, when I have to go back to work of course. 😛 But it was gray and rainy all weekend.

Lauren @ WWoB January 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Ohhh that salmon looks fibbity fab. I want cedar planks. As well as every spice that exists. I found out the hard way yesterday that I dont have any parsley or paprika…

It isnt very sunny here, wish it was! Merhh.

I recently got a really cute sweater from my roommate, definitely utilizable for me!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..Greek Bliss in a Bowl =-.

Christin@purplebirdblog January 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM

Oh man, your salmon looks absolutely to die for… I’ll be right over! 🙂

The sun is out here too and I am SO glad… we had a lot of rain last week and I get demotivated!!!
.-= Christin@purplebirdblog´s last blog ..Simple Breakfast- Crazy Day =-.