Jan
2011

When In Doubt

22 comments

Make cookies.

There are SO many cookie recipes out there. I mean, besides the internet, cookbooks, and the throw-ingredients-together-and-go method, how do you chose just one to make?

It’s not easy, my friends, being a food blogger on a quest to find the perfect cookie. Trial and error doesn’t even cut it for all the variety the world possesses. Perhaps a lesson in cookies with the cookie monster would help…?

Yes, Cookie Monster, C is for cookie.

Craving cookies does not help in the aforementioned quest. So, I will be the one to single-handedly taken down the cookie industry by making every single cookie recipe out there, until I find the best one.

Ok, I’m totally lying. There’s no way my wallet, waist, or attention-span would come anywhere close to fulfilling that mission. But I bet I can talk someone into doing it.

Alright, time to get to the recipe.

And this one comes from a variation on the Cookie Queen herself, Katie. And it was not easy to pick just one cookie (from her list of many) to make.

s But, as I knew I would someday be making more cookies, I decided upon her Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies. With my own changes, of course.

Flourless Sunflower Butter Cookies

• 1 tbsp chia flour (or ground chia seeds or flax) soaked in vanilla extract (below) for 2 minutes
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 cup sunflower butter (or nut butter of choice)
  • 4 packets of a sugar sub + 2-4 tbsp agave (or 3/4 cup brown sugar)
  • 1 tbsp maca or mesquite powder (just because)
  • dash of salt

Mix all ingredients together. Form into balls and put on a greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Make cross hatches with a fork and bake for 10(ish) minutes at 350 degrees.

a After done baking, remove from pan and cool before devouring.

They much liked being photographed. They told me so.

Deliciously crumbly, gluten free, dairy free, loaded with protein, and taste just like peanut butter cookies.

So, I guess the moral of this post is: When in doubt, make cookies. And when choosing which cookie recipe to use, steal a good one. ;)

Yeah ok, there really was no point to this post other than hosting a photo session for a yummy creation.

What are some of your cookie successes?

Care to share a recipe?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Salah (My Healthiest LIfestyle) January 13, 2011 at 9:56 AM

those cookies look so bomb!
.-= Salah (My Healthiest LIfestyle)´s last blog ..Arnie and Me =-.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen January 13, 2011 at 10:46 AM

Did you just make cookies with sunflower butter?

Can we be friends?
.-= Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen´s last blog ..Kid Tested =-.

Christin@purplebirdblog January 13, 2011 at 11:06 AM

Oh hell yes sunbutter cookies!!! Holy yum batman! I love the thought of vanilla-soaked ground flax… my god!
.-= Christin@purplebirdblog´s last blog ..An Exciting Tuesday =-.

Katie January 13, 2011 at 11:27 AM

Dude. Dude. Dude.

I was just thinking, you know, i haven’t had a cookie since before New Years. Damn you, Lori. Now I must make cookies. ;)
.-= Katie´s last blog ..I got tagged =-.

Christine (The Raw Project) January 13, 2011 at 12:16 PM

These look wonderful and I actually have all the ingredients for them. After a day like today, I just may need to make them when I get home! Thanks.

Ela January 13, 2011 at 12:19 PM

‘Diary free’?? But they made it into _your_ journal… Just teasin’… Seriously, those look delightful. Low sugar too… And maca/mesquite would add a wonderful something.

Thanks for sharing! I’m not much of a cookie eater, so I hardly know a thing about it, but when I make cookies for others, they’re generally well-enjoyed.

.-= Ela´s last blog ..Celebrations-Restaurant Review and Goodies- and Some Fun Stuff =-.

Lindsay Cotter January 13, 2011 at 1:30 PM

oh gosh, you’ve outdone yourself here. I love sunfloweer seed butter, and the flourless makes them even more perfect. Your recipes keep getting better and better!
LC
.-= Lindsay Cotter´s last blog ..Striving for TELEOS =-.

Monique January 13, 2011 at 2:09 PM

Awesome, now I want cookies :)
.-= Monique´s last blog ..Exploring the Nation’s Capital- Part 2 =-.

Katie January 13, 2011 at 3:23 PM

awesome recipe renovations! =P
.-= Katie´s last blog ..sometimes life hands you little surprises =-.

Pure2raw twins January 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM

love that it is flourless!

and I see you used Xylitol, do you like it? We always use stevia but feel we should get variety, haha Is it still considered sugar-free or low in sugar??

julie January 13, 2011 at 4:56 PM

girl your blog is GORGEOUS! and your pictures are amazing! come bake cookies for me pleeeease :) thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan January 13, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Oh my gosh. Ok seriously, you didn’t even have to write a word about these, the photos speak a million. Your camera is really turning out to be BADASS! But I know that’s only cuz of the lady behind it ;D I’d give Cookie Monster a big fat kiss for one of these babies!
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..2010 review roundup- supplements =-.

sophia January 13, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I didn’t think I’ll care for this much bc it’s flourless and I’m a purist when it comes to cookies…but gotta love the pics!!! They look perfect!!!

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) January 14, 2011 at 5:24 AM

wow.Great recipe! i don’t have chia seeds, but i could sub flax for the chia.
i love making skillet chocolate peanut butter oatmeal cookies. no baking required.
i can’t eat the things, because they have butter and milk, but that could be easily converted to earth balance and non dairy milk.
i just haven’t done it yet :)

i don’t have the recipe on hand right now, but i know Christin@purplebirdblog does!
.-= Heather (Perspective Is Everything)´s last blog ..Wanderlust =-.

Alisa Fleming January 14, 2011 at 6:21 AM

OMG, we are cookie twins today! Okay, more like cookie sisters, but pretty darn close :)

Great sweet-tooth minds. Need I say more?
.-= Alisa Fleming´s last blog ..Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies =-.

Joanne January 15, 2011 at 4:59 AM

I actually rarely bake cookies…probably because I love them so much that there’s a danger I’ll walk into the kitchen every ten minutes just to grab one. I love that you added mesquite to these! That must have really kicked them up a notch.
.-= Joanne´s last blog ..Cookie Dough Truffles =-.

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel January 16, 2011 at 10:48 AM

yum, im just getting into the taste of xylitol and i have to admit it isnt too bad compared to stevia in baked treats! and i always love the little fork marks in baked cookies, something about it is really pretty! i would have never imagined how well the texture could be being flourless. and i like how theyre really moist after their baked as well!! <3

Lauren @ WWoB January 17, 2011 at 6:07 PM

I JUST MADE THESE COOKIES LORI! I tweaked just a little….
they are wonderful!!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..Greek Bliss in a Bowl =-.

Carrie (Moves 'N Munchies) May 31, 2011 at 10:14 AM

oh my gosh.. seriously BEAUTIFUL! wow gimme some!

chaussure louboutin occasion April 2, 2014 at 8:19 AM

These are truly great ideas in regarding blogging. You have touched some nice things here.
Any way keep up wrinting.

chaussure louboutin occasion
chaussure louboutin occasion´s last blog post ..chaussure louboutin occasion