Nothing Says Love Like Stuffing Your Face

February 14, 2011

Happy Monday! How are my wonderful foodies doing today? I’m wondering where the weekend went and how we got to Monday so quickly.

Also, happy Valentine’s Day! For those of you celebrating, revolting, or just plain denying it, I’ve got some delicious food completely unrelated to the holiday… well, some of it.

Stuffing your face #1

One of my favorite seafood restaurants near Santa Cruz was hosting a trial run of their attempt at white guys making sushi. Saturday they had a special of all you can eat sushi. Well, of course I was in.

Yum. And for the record, and since my boyfriend wanted me to share, I ate a total of 15 pieces and Sascha ate 42. He also challenges anyone to beat that. (Ew)

Stuffing you face #2

Pizza. ‘nough said.

Trader Joe’s whole wheat pizza crust split into two: His and Her’s pizza.

His.

Hers.

His featured everything in the fridge an assortment of homemade pizza sauce, grated cheese, fresh basil leaves, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and sliced ham.

Hers was enjoyed with homemade pizza sauce, mushrooms, basil, and globs of some weird (but SO GOOD) mixture of tasty “cheesy sauce” (which I am now obsessed with), homemade sauerkraut, and smooshed tofu.

Oh and then I cracked an egg right on top of the pie. Baked and consumed.

The Almost Vegan Pizza… or The Vegan Before Egged… or Just Delicious.

Sascha’s Manzza below.

Let the face stuffing begin!

Baked egg on pizza is good. Really good. In a very breakfast sort of way.

Stuffing your face #3

Since it is Valentine’s Day, I should share a recipe, right? How about gluten free sugar cookies???

It’s been a long time since I’ve made sugar cookies or played with cookie cutters, and I have to say, it was so much fun!

…And let’s just say I have some mad, mad decorating skills.

Don’t judge. I tried. And it’s not easy using a plastic bag as your icing tool.

Click here for the full gluten free goodness story and recipe!

Stuffing your face #4

The giant muffin making face stuffing. But you’re going to have to wait until tomorrow for this recipe. 😉

I’m such a tease…

How did you stuff your face this weekend?

What says Love to you?

Pure2raw twins February 14, 2011 at 5:56 PM

Sushi looks so good, I am craving some!!

The last time I decorated sugar cookies was over Christmas, I think it is the only time of the year I do, haha not sure why, sure is fun!

Mandi February 14, 2011 at 5:04 PM

That sushi looks so good! I made sugar cookies too this weekend, and in the heart shaped valentines day theme of course. 🙂 Yours look like they turned out phenomenal. I didn’t get up to too much face stuffing this weekend, although I am looking forward to a nice, big slice of cheesecake tonight.

Ela February 14, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Those blueberry muffins look tempting–but I can’t see any of the other pics (internet slow)–you tell it so well with words, though!

I made mint truffles and am going to try and make some with no cacao too…

I love that you and your bf enjoy food together so much, and each do your own things.

Anne@MyZenPulse February 14, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Cookies! Am on a teensy cleanse cleanse this week,.but they are gluten free… So it’s fine, right… ?

B participated in his first yoga class this weekend… I call that LOVE!

Lindsay Cotter February 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM

egg on pizza is the way to go! I stuffed my face with mussels this weekend. they were curry mussels with thai basil. AWESOME!

Kristie February 14, 2011 at 12:19 PM

Whoa whoa all you can eat sushi and amazing pizzas with baked EGG on top? I have to try that one. You sure do know how to stuff your face deliciously. I stuffed my face with lots of… peanut butter this weekend. And cereal. It wasn’t all that delicious. Sushi and pizza look much much better haha.

steph February 14, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Pizza looks awesome. What a great shot of the heart cookies!!!

Christin@purplebirdblog February 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I keep meaning to do the egg on the pizza thing… looks fab!! And I bet I could take him on the sushi challenge… I can seriously eat my weight in sushi! And I weigh a lot! 😉 hahahahaha

melissa February 14, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Oh my what a great weekend of eats!
Those pizzas look better than anything I’ve ordered:)
Those cookies are awesome. I love decorating with icing:)

This weekend my mom and I went to a restaurant called Milestones. We ate a small-ish lunch. We were so busy chatting we didn’t notice that it took awhile to get to us. The server insisted we have dessert on him and so we orderd “the cookie” which was a giant chocolate chip cookie with a scoop of vanilla gellato on top..yum! Oh I my mom just got back from Hawaii so lots of tasty macadamia nut treats:)

Katie February 14, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I used to get those TJs doughs before my GF days, and I always made breakfast pizzas with them! Just mix some veggies with eggs, like oyu are going to scramble them, and then pour onto the crust and bake.

kat February 14, 2011 at 9:36 AM

My man and your man are quite similar. My man ate half a bag of mini chocolate eggs last night and still had enough room to down a cheeseburger and fries. He never ceases to amaze me!! Today is also my bday, so I’m stuffing my face at my fav chinese restraunt 🙂

Lauren @ WWoB February 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM

I spy coconut blueberry lemon muffins!!!! And those pizzas look amazing. When I make pizza at home, it never looks pretty.
Happy valentiens day to you and Sascha!!
And 42 is appallingly awesome. Interesting how he is clearly a healthy guy, so 42 is kind of badass – but if it was someone who was grossly overweight – not cool. Weird how we (I?) fall into thinking like that..