Teaser… and Snow.

February 22, 2011

It’s incredibly nice to roll up to work this morning, starting a new week, on TUESDAY! Wahoo! I had a very nice long weekend filled with way too much food and lots of snow.

Poor little guy.

The snowflakes were SO big.

I live at around 2,000+ feet and we got about 6 inches of snow. It was slightly bizarre to go from 78 degree weather and then 32 degrees outdoors in a matter of days.

Before...

4 hours later

Crazy I tell ya. Just crazy. The dramatic weather change (aka Mother Nature laughing at how comfortable it was being Summer in February) promoted me to devote most of my waking hours in the kitchen. I made one thing, photographed it (a LOT), ate it. Watched tv. Went back to make more food. Sick. But I guess it helped since the last few days I’ve been really increasing the weight I’m lifting!

Anyway, I’m still working on the look of the ole blog, so this will be a short post. But since you took the time to stop by and say hi, I’ll take the time to tease you endlessly with all the glorious dishes I made! And don’t worry, I’ll be posting MORE pictures and recipes to follow. 😉

[Protein Waffle with Frozen Blueberries, Melted Peanut Butter and Fleur De Sel] (aka SUPER large chunks of flavor-enhancing salt!)

[Variety Sliders!!!]

[Double Chocolate Beet Cake with Vodka Induced Fudge Frosting]

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

What did you do this weekend?

Did you have a long weekend?

Are you having some crazy weather where you are?

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle February 23, 2011 at 7:39 AM

the weather here isn’t too crazy, thank goodness!!! those eats look bomb!!

Alisa Fleming February 23, 2011 at 6:35 AM

I think you have a vodka baking addiction 🙂

So do you use GF buns, or just roll with it in the gluten-filled world sometimes? Just curious!

Well, for us it was a crazy warm winter, and the snow was long overdue, so can’t complain.

Alyssa - fashion fitness foodie February 23, 2011 at 5:30 AM

We are having crazy weather here too! 77 fri 18 and snow on tues. Loving that waffle. Post those recipes 🙂

kate February 23, 2011 at 3:38 AM

we have a french guy that comes in the store to buy fleur de sel weekly. each time he comes he goes on about how it “es like a small ‘splosion in ze mouth” (reading that with a bad frenchy accent makes it funnier) so that is what i now think of every time i see fleur de sel. thank you french guy.

Christin@purplebirdblog February 22, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Um, yes… I will call you a tease, you TEASE! 😉

Katie February 22, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Wow! That food looks amazing!! Those waffles!!! OMG. And, snow? In San Fran??? When I go there I hope it’s not snowing. =P

Hannah February 22, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Ohhhh…. that waffle! I’ve never seen, heard, or eaten anything like that! In fact, I can’t ever remember the last time I had a waffle.

(You had me at “melted peanut butter”)

Ela February 22, 2011 at 1:23 PM

We’ve been having some crazy wind up here! Blowing all the snow every which way.

I didn’t recognize your blog at first: you shapeshifter!

We saw some pretty incredible wildlife over the w/e–on my blog, and I should put another post up soon, but we’re in Anchorage and discombobulated (and pushed for time) again.
Enjoy the snow! Funny how CA always gets a summer in Feb and then a massive winter redux..
.love

Mandi February 22, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Oh wow! Those photos look so delicious! Especially that beet cake. And would you like to fly over here and make some of those sliders for me? 😉 Luckily I don’t have to deal with too much crazy weather, it’s just been really hot lately.

Katie February 22, 2011 at 11:41 AM

If by crazy you mean 18 inches of snow in 36 hours, then yes.

I want that beet cake NOW. I have beets in my fridge and an empty dessert pocket in my belly.

I ate some good GF bread this weekend. I didn’t make it, but it was good. And GF. And bread. I didn’t think such a thing existed.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen February 22, 2011 at 10:19 AM

Holy beautiful photos, Batman! 😉

kat February 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM

Um, yum. Wow now I’m hungry. Thanks for that! 😉 no crazy weather here, then again I live in LA good luck with the blog!

zoe (and the beatles) February 22, 2011 at 9:33 AM

this weekend i worked. nooot too exciting! but i also managed to squeeze in some family and friend time. and a nice three mile run! i wish it snowed where i am…it’s only up in the hills! i’m going to hunt it down, i think :)!