This weekend I decided to join Lindsay at Cotter Crunch in eating in honor of the Japanese. With all that the people living in Japan are going through right now, they need every bit of positive energy flowing to them, in any way it can.
My boyfriend, many, many months ago, made homemade dashi and we just happened to find it in the freezer, waiting to be made into a soup.
Sans a recipe, I’ve got you covered on what’s going on in this bowl:
- Dashi broth (is it called broth??)
- tofu noodles (you could use any kind of noodle)
- mung sprouts
- poached egg
- fresh basil
- dash of soy sauce
Clean, filling, simple, and nourishing… definitely worth eating to honor those in need.
Here’s what to do with the award:
- You link and thank the blogger who awarded you
- Copy-and-paste (or download and upload) the award into your own blog post–a teacup of roses!
- Share Seven Things about yourself
- Nominate up to fifteen other great bloggers
- Comment on their blogs to let them know to come pick up their prize
So here are 7 things about Lori:
- The second I get home (from anywhere) I jump into pajamas. Warm, comfy, I could live in sweat pants.
- I tend to get obsessed with things: Ketchup, mustard, kabocha, whateverexerciseI’mdoingatthemoment, mustard, taking photos of my foods. I guess I have an addictive personality…?
- I love making food for other people. Healthy or fattening, I love it. It’s my way of saying, “Thank you,” “I love you,” “Tell me what you think!” all at once.
- I make a MEAN grilled cheese… full of fat and loaded with love. 😉
- Some of my best friends are bloggers I have never met. And I wouldn’t change that for anything (well, except I’d meet you…).
- I have wanted to attend Living Light Culinary School for forever… seriously. This would be my dream. Someday…*sigh*
- My boyfriend’s birthday in next Wednesday (the 30th), what should I get him?! (But be discrete ’cause he reads the blog)
It’s your turn! My 7 award winners (in no particular order):
- Alisa Cooks
- Making Food And Other Stuff
- Cotter Crunch
- Zoe & The Beatles
- Purple Bird Blog
- Mangiare Buono, Vivere Bello
- Squat Like A Lady
Um… what else, what else…? Oh, we had some fun rain storms this weekend. Wanna see the newest addition to our yard?
Say hello to our fallen tree. Thank goodness it didn’t fall on the fence.