Paleo Coconut Waffles. Toppings Required.

March 4, 2011

It’s Friday. Wonderful, weekend-welcoming, Friday. The day after Thursday. The day before Saturday. The perfect day to workout. The perfect day to watch Fringe (yay!). The perfect day for healthy guilt-less waffles. Or at least a recipe for them.

I’ve made Paleo Waffles before… they were good. But these were better. Bonus points for the toppings, which are not only delicious, they’re required. There’s also a vegan option, because we all need choices in life sometimes.

Dedicated to Friday. Dedicated to workout fuel. Dedicated to Ernie, Coral, Chris, Chris, and whomever at my gym is reading. But probably not Nick since Nick wouldn’t ready silly blogs. Dedicated to waffles.

On Friday, what could possibly be better than gluten and dairy free, crispy waffles, warm, melty peanut butter, lovely berries of blue, and big savory diamonds of salt? …probably a day off from work, but that’s what the day after Friday is for.

What is your Friday dedicated to?

How do you get ready for the weekend?

Ania October 19, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I was so excited to try these and bought all the ingredients, but when I started mixing everything together it was obvious there was something wrong. The resulting batter was really dry – almost crumbly. I had to just about triple the amount of liquid to get to a semi-pourable waffle batter consistency. Also, while they looked just fine when I opened up the waffle iron lid, when I tried to take them out, even though they weren’t sticking, the waffles just crumbled into bits. I have no idea what went wrong here….I really wanted to like these 😐

Sharon Shaughnessy February 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM

The same exact thing happened to me when I tried to make them.

Xue August 12, 2011 at 6:36 AM

looks tasty, although I’d probably replace with almond butter as peanut butter is definitely not paleo!

Alyson @ Nourished Fitness July 25, 2011 at 5:35 AM

Yum, can’t wait to try these!

katie March 9, 2011 at 7:53 PM

these are AMAZING girl!!

dana @ my little celebration March 9, 2011 at 1:41 PM

These waffles look AMAZING. I seriously need to invest in some coconut flour :D.

Maggie@livingfoojunkie March 6, 2011 at 9:57 AM

Oh my this looks so delicious and tempting! I know someone on the Paleo diet, so I’m going to pass your post on to her too 😀

My Friday was dedicated to exercise, and in the evening relaxation 🙂

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free March 6, 2011 at 9:54 AM

YUM! This looks so good 🙂 And it is another use for my coconut flour!!! Yay!!!

Monique March 5, 2011 at 7:08 PM

Coconut waffles?!?! Those sound craaaazzzy good!

Katie March 5, 2011 at 5:17 AM

Definitely going to make these. 🙂 How many servings did this make? I was thinking about cutting it in half to make one serving size for myself.

Euniece@innerpeacehealthytreats&runningfeet March 5, 2011 at 4:59 AM

this completely puts my breakfast to shame! im embarrassed to be eating my bagel right now! good thing breakfast is good for any meal of the day in my book!! there is still time to make yummy waffles today !!

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) March 5, 2011 at 4:54 AM

wow-great looking waffles.
i always want to buy that coconut flour when i see it, but it’s so dang expensive, i just freeze and talk myself out of it.
one of these days though….for sure.

Anne March 4, 2011 at 7:31 PM

I haven’t coconut flour… but I have gluten free baking mix! In the mornin’… I’m makin’ WAFFLES!

Kelsey @ Snacking Squirrel March 4, 2011 at 7:10 PM

these paleo pancakes are BEGGING me to make them…. so i think im going to “cave” (get it? CAVE as in paleo cave men) hehe 🙂

Pure2raw twins March 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Friday is getting caught up on everything that we did not get done and plan out the next week ahead 😉 And maybe get some extra sleep, haha

Waffles look amazing!! I would love some right now!

Katie March 4, 2011 at 2:59 PM

My Friday is dedicated to getting a good nights sleep. I’m EXHAUSTED. Its only 5:30…can I go to sleep yet? 🙂

Melissa March 4, 2011 at 1:27 PM

Oh girl you are onto something BIG!! I haven’t had waffles in so, so long:(
I need to try the coconut flour that’s one flour I haven’t tried yet.
Love that picture with the glorious fleur de sel in the waffle..mmm!!!

Have an awesome weekend

Christine (The Raw Project) March 4, 2011 at 12:28 PM

These look wonderful, now I’m craving waffles. Beautiful pictures!

alyssa - fashion fitness foodie March 4, 2011 at 10:05 AM

Loving the look of those waffles!! Now if i only had a waffle maker……

anna March 4, 2011 at 9:34 AM

THIS LOOKS INSANE. I want a waffle maker so bad!!! oh my god! mmmmmmmmm! im so gonna make this tomorrow as a pancake 🙂 thank you lori! mmmmm

Christin@purplebirdblog March 4, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Perfection on both the waffle and toppings arenas… nice work! I think I prefer frozen blueberries to their nonfrozen counterparts.

Lauren @ WWoB March 4, 2011 at 8:33 AM

Today’s friday is dedicated to catching up on life and studying. Then saturday I will go out 😉
Those waffles are bomb. I need a light box.

Sable March 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM

I NEED a waffle maker. OMG. My birthday list is getting out of control…

My Friday is dedicated to midterm stress! But that’s okay — I will be totally over it by next Friday! 😀

Ernie March 4, 2011 at 6:08 AM

Lori … you truly are the Devil!!! So I am sitting here at the gym … munching on carrots, string cheese, and apples and you post YUMMY looking Paleo Coconut Waffles!!! Ugh … Vodka Infused Fudge!!! WOW!!!

Kat March 4, 2011 at 4:52 AM

oh yum. Ive said it before and Ill say it again…I seriously need a waffle maker. Im getting ready for the weekend by just trying to get better. Im almost there!! I woke up feeling not so drunk off meds, which is always a good sign right? 😉