My First WIAW

April 20, 2011

Hello my little trouble makers… I know you are. 😉

Hump Day!!!! Sounds like a great day for incorporating some Celebration Balls and a Dirty 30 (I do know how this sounds…)

Who tried the Dirty 30 workout from yesterday?! Anyone? Did those burpees kill ya? They burn so wonderfully, right?

Want even MORE of a challenge? Try some of the moves with the TRX… like mountain climbers.

Old picture, but still relevant.

Hump Day also means it’s Wednesday and today is my first day participating in the ever growing blog What-I-Ate-Wednesday. Thanks to Pea & Crayons for this fabulous idea.

Between you and I, this is really what I ate Tuesday, but come on, I needed this posted on Wednesday so we’ll just pretend it’s Wednesday’s eats. Mmm-k?

Breakfast

Breakfast of champions right here.

Sauteed onion and yellow peppers, Trader Joe’s garlic chicken sausage, 1 scrambled egg, lettuce, cilantro, and pepper. Smothered with unpictured Dijon mustard (<–aka: my yellow lover). Delish.

I’ve been eating more protein in the morning, finding that this is helping to keep my sweets cravings at bay. Of course, I’m still sneaking a Celebration Ball or two, but my sugar intake is still lower overall.

Snack

A [few] handful[s] of granola, coffee with coconut milk creamer, 3 oz chicken meat (love that way over priced, freshly sliced, organic oven roasted turkey from Whole Foods).

Lots ‘O water mixed through the day.

Lunch

Leftover mock chicken cordon bleu.

Made with lean chicken breasts stuffed with goat cheese and sliced turkey meat. The healthier version of the classic. And leftover salad from last night.

Yummy. 🙂

Dinner

Falafels!

Spicy chickpea falafels on half a sprouted wheat tortilla with Greek yogurt/onion/parsley/cilantro/lemon “spread”

Please don’t ask me for the recipe. I have no idea what I threw in the mix. It was good though.

Dessert

Come to Mama, you little Cleansing Coconut Balls. Omg these are so good.

Tomorrow you’ll get my recipe with the slight variation!

Dessert #2

I’m not gonna lie, I’ll probably have more to eat after my dessert. More than likely it will involve protein powder, Greek yogurt, cinnamon, and Stevia.

What did you eat Wednesday?

If you were an animal what would you be and why? I’m gonna go with a cat for today. They get to lounge around all day and be lazy. I want to be lazy… 😉

Kari @ bite-sized thoughts April 20, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Those coconut balls look amazing 🙂 Yum! And I’m very impressed with your action shots relating to your Dirty 30 challenge. Not least because you look good whilst exercising!

Nicole @ Of Cookies & Carrots April 20, 2011 at 8:51 PM

I posted my eats… Though they’re not technically from Wednesday 😉

Yours look delicious! particularly those falafels… I’m sooo craving falafel now!!!

n

Michelle... April 20, 2011 at 1:53 PM

yummmm I want that falafel!!!

Hannah April 20, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Oh gosh, WIAW posts always make me feel envious, inadequate, and like a little piggy all at the same time, because you people always seem to eat more deliciosu things than me, but at the same time I eat so much more than this in a normal day 😀

Pure2raw Twins April 20, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Did have some mung bean socca and it was perfect. It has been awhile since I have any form of socca…gasp..I know. So I really enjoyed my socca today 😉 Besides that nothing too excited over here haha

Matt @ FaveDiets April 20, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Wow, your breakfast looks unbelievably good! I’ve been meaning to make my own falafel for a while, and now I really need to.

Emily April 20, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Ah, I so want to try the TRX! Looks pretty great.

I haven’t eaten anything too interesting yet today. But, I just got groceries, and I’m looking forward to dinner 🙂

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 20, 2011 at 9:51 AM

1. Dude link yourself up!!!! =)
2. j/k i’ll do it for you just this once! theres a little button that links up your post silly goose! =)
3. Those moves look awesome! I need a resistance band! do you have a lot of photo-workouts on here? I’m going to have to dig around for old posts! =) fabulous!
4. that spread has gooot to be recreated in my kitchen! omg yum!

Happy What I Ate Wednesday love!!!!!!!!!!!

Christin@purplebirdblog April 20, 2011 at 6:18 AM

Those TRX burpees look hardcore!! And hooray for your first WIAW!! Jenn rules, you rule… it was inevitable! 😉

chrysta April 20, 2011 at 6:11 AM

mmmMMM falafel. Havent had those in forever and sounds ssooo good. Great eats and fun stuff with trx. Thanks again for all the email advice. It totally helped out big time. Im gonna go for it!! =)

Alisa Fleming April 20, 2011 at 5:56 AM

mmm, can’t wait to see that recipe!

When are you coming up here to give me a TRX demo?

Heather @ kissmybroccoli April 20, 2011 at 5:19 AM

Wow, mountain climbers with the TRX? My abs hurt just looking at the pics! Nice!

Hump day…celebration balls…dirty 30…hmm, sounds like something you’d have to pay admission for! 😉 Haha!

Yay for you first WIAW! I love linking up and seeing what yumminess everyone had for the day! Can’t wait to see your version of the balls!

I’m gonna go with a chameleon…that way I can change “clothes” whenever I want! Gotta love an animal that has a sense of fashion! 😉

Katie April 20, 2011 at 5:13 AM

I’m too nervous to eat. But I have visions of a mongolian beef salad at the brew I am going to tonight, wither to celebrate or drown my sorrows.

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle April 20, 2011 at 4:44 AM

I love the TRX! THat breakfast looks fantastic girl! I’ve only had breakfast today but I kept it simple with a GM (spinach, mango, blueberries, strawberries, coconut milk, amazing grass, protein powder, amino acid, l-carnitine)….bomb!

Sable@SquatLikeALady April 20, 2011 at 4:34 AM

I want to learn to make falafel so bad!

So far all I’ve had today (it’s 8am where I am) is 2 over easy eggs with nooch, parsley, thyme, and oregano, and apple pie oat bran 😀

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 20, 2011 at 4:22 AM

I want to steal your luuuuunch! Yum!
I did the dirty 30 this morning! I nearly died. Not even kidding.
I love that you renamed them to ‘cleansing’ instead of ‘cleanse breaking’…. I’m interested to see what changes you made?!

Kat April 20, 2011 at 4:02 AM

Gah put your hair up!!! 😉
You totally eat WAY more protein than I do!! My problem is always lunch. I suck at coming up with ideas when Im heading to work!! SOmetimes its leftovers but a lot of times we dont have any!
P.s. 30 burpees? are you trying to murder me? I layed on the floor for 20 minutes after that thing!!

Katie April 20, 2011 at 3:17 AM

Hey Lori!
Your meals look good!!! Very paleo-esque. 😀 I am thinking about going paleo for a while. My gut is all messed up, from bacteria to antibiotics that wiped out ALL of my good bacteria. 🙁 So, I am starting some probiotics and I am going to be changing my diet around. So, i am going dairy free and either gluten free or paleo. Your blog is giving me some great ideas! What’s your take on sweet potatoes with paleo? I think I will still eat them because I don’t see how they would bother my gut or digestion.

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen April 20, 2011 at 3:15 AM

Now I’ve got a craving for falafel…

I think at the moment I’d like to be monkey. I want to go swing around in the trees in Costa Rica for awhile.

Lindsay Cotter April 20, 2011 at 3:06 AM

ahhhh yea!! TRX and WIAW, thats totally my style. and we already knew that, right? Twinkies!!