May
2011

Arizona

23 comments

You and I are given opportunities in life. Opportunities to make, break, give, take, grow, learn, run, walk, fly, drive, sing, dance, stay, or go.

I just returned from my week + vacation in Arizona. I visited Sedona with the family, then embarked on meeting not one, but two bloggers, for a hiking trip of the Grand Canyon.

Kelly, Katie, Me

Katie (in black) and I (in blue)

Kelly and I

I feel so lucky to experience new things and people. Each choice we make gives us new life and  a new way to think and feel.

Me

My trip to Arizona (Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and Phoenix) was incredible. The people I met, the experiences I had, and the food I ate (best part…? ;) ), opened my horizons and let me embrace changes and exciting things. Not to mention, I was able to hang out with my family for 5 full days, pretty much completely free of bickering.

Sedona is beautiful

Me and little sister

I could be happier with the outcome of my vacation. It was a blast.

A lesson learned through my long time away (hey, a week and a half is huge for me!) was to grasp every single opportunity to grow. And grow I did.

Lori and Kelly (my love!)

Daughter and Mom

Big hugs to my new friends. I’m glad I got to meet all of you, hemp beer and all.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Lindsay Cotter May 31, 2011 at 1:59 AM

welcome home lovely lady! so glad you all had a great time! it looks breath taking. A much needed getaway for you all.
Cheers!
Lindsay Cotter´s last blog post ..Blessings and Bites

Kat May 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Looks like so much fun!! Ive aways wanted to hike like that, backpack and all. I havent found any place close to me like that before, although I am looking toward Yosemite soon :)

Alexandra May 31, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Wow! Love the landscape pictures! Looks like the weather was perfect for your trip! I just love family vacations like that–time for kicking back and being able to chillax with loved ones :) glad you had a wonderful time!!
Alexandra´s last blog post ..“The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree”

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 31, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Hemp beer? Cool!
I love all of your pictures, Lori! I’m happy you had a great time off.
Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit´s last blog post ..Blueberry Banana Cake Bars

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle May 31, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Sounds like such a wonderful time! Gosh, those pictures are gorgeous!
salah@myhealthiestlifestyle´s last blog post ..The Plan

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 31, 2011 at 5:04 AM

It looks like you had so much fun!! =) Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

And hey, a week and a half is a long vaca for me too!!
Sable@SquatLikeALady´s last blog post ..Diet Plan- Food Diary- and Goals

ilovefetacheese May 31, 2011 at 5:46 AM

wow that is an insanely beautiful hike….WOW!!

christina May 31, 2011 at 5:57 AM

these pictures make me want to go hiking! looks like so much fun!
christina´s last blog post ..Memorial Day Weekend Recap

Lauren @ WWoB May 31, 2011 at 6:26 AM

You look HAPPY and HEALTHY and GORGEOUS! And I cant imagine anything more important (than the first two)!
Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog post ..Keep it classy- always

Kelly May 31, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I had so much with you! Our last night in Phoenix was epic! :) Can’t wait to do it again with you soon! :)
Kelly´s last blog post ..and i survived

Katie May 31, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Come back!!!! I want to hike again!

Hope your feet are feeling better. :D
Katie´s last blog post ..32 and one day old

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com May 31, 2011 at 8:00 AM

ahh thats awesome im so glad you had fun! im from arizona and just took my husband to sedona for the first time in november. isnt it beautiful? its such a peaceful place…phoenix is great too (my home city)! hopefully it wasnt too hot for u!
amy@healthyhungryhappy.com´s last blog post ..Budget Grocery Shopping

chrysta May 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Hey girly! Welcome back! Love the pics..looks like such a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing those..I think hiking is one of my favorite outside activities. So great.
chrysta´s last blog post ..Eggplant Pizza and Deadlifts

Alisa Fleming May 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM

What an amazing trip Lori! I didn’t realize before that you were going to see family too. Double whammy of a good time. So glad you got to experience that … I’m majorly jealous!
Alisa Fleming´s last blog post ..Sweet Almond Milkshake Dairy-Free and optionally Sugar-Free!

Ela May 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Looks beautiful–looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.
Welcome home!
Ela´s last blog post ..Monotony with Treats Again-the Good Parts-and Strength to Deviate

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Love all the vacation pictures, glad you had a fun time but I am definitely happy to have you back! :)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie)´s last blog post ..Memorial Weekend Fun

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Lori what a great recap of your AZ trip. Looks like it was beautiful and spectacular outside and that you had a mix of friends and family. So pretty :) Funny, when I lived in AZ I never remember it looking this way. lol
Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga)´s last blog post ..Wild Animals- Wild Child

zoe (and the beatles) May 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM

beautiful photos! arizona looks gorgeous. i’m not sure i could live there but dang, those mountains pull at my heart strings! but any mountain will do that ;) i’m so happy you had such a good time!
zoe (and the beatles)´s last blog post ..i moved!

katie May 31, 2011 at 7:30 PM

wowwww that looks so beautiful! so glad you got to go- im jealous!!! love the pics!
katie´s last blog post ..Summer of my Dreams!

Pure2raw twins June 1, 2011 at 2:14 AM

awww looked like a great time!!!

love all the pics

Leashieloo June 1, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Holy hiking, that looks amazing! I’ve been to Arizona once, but we didn’t make it out to the scenic part. Wow.
Leashieloo´s last blog post ..Foodie Catch Up

Sam June 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Wow you look so beautiful and happy! And the scenery is pretty nice too I would be SO happy if i could one day go on a hike in a place like that. I love the lesson you mentioned too.
Sam´s last blog post ..Summer Lovin Or not

Michelle {the lively kitchen} June 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM

So very jealous. And so very happy that you had a great 5 days. Still, so very jealous. :)
Michelle {the lively kitchen}´s last blog post ..Sum-Sum-Summertime