May 31, 2011

You and I are given opportunities in life. Opportunities to make, break, give, take, grow, learn, run, walk, fly, drive, sing, dance, stay, or go.

I just returned from my week + vacation in Arizona. I visited Sedona with the family, then embarked on meeting not one, but two bloggers, for a hiking trip of the Grand Canyon.

Kelly, Katie, Me

Katie (in black) and I (in blue)

Kelly and I

I feel so lucky to experience new things and people. Each choice we make gives us new life andΒ  a new way to think and feel.

My trip to Arizona (Sedona, the Grand Canyon, Flagstaff, and Phoenix) was incredible. The people I met, the experiences I had, and the food I ate (best part…? πŸ˜‰ ), opened my horizons and let me embrace changes and exciting things. Not to mention, I was able to hang out with my family for 5 full days, pretty much completely free of bickering.

Sedona is beautiful

Me and little sister

I could be happier with the outcome of my vacation. It was a blast.

A lesson learned through my long time away (hey, a week and a half is huge for me!) was to grasp every single opportunity to grow. And grow I did.

Lori and Kelly (my love!)

Daughter and Mom

Big hugs to my new friends. I’m glad I got to meet all of you, hemp beer and all.

Michelle {the lively kitchen} June 2, 2011 at 4:45 PM

So very jealous. And so very happy that you had a great 5 days. Still, so very jealous. :)

Sam June 1, 2011 at 5:43 AM

Wow you look so beautiful and happy! And the scenery is pretty nice too I would be SO happy if i could one day go on a hike in a place like that. I love the lesson you mentioned too.

Leashieloo June 1, 2011 at 3:53 AM

Holy hiking, that looks amazing! I’ve been to Arizona once, but we didn’t make it out to the scenic part. Wow.

Pure2raw twins June 1, 2011 at 2:14 AM

awww looked like a great time!!!

love all the pics

katie May 31, 2011 at 7:30 PM

wowwww that looks so beautiful! so glad you got to go- im jealous!!! love the pics!

zoe (and the beatles) May 31, 2011 at 6:02 PM

beautiful photos! arizona looks gorgeous. i’m not sure i could live there but dang, those mountains pull at my heart strings! but any mountain will do that πŸ˜‰ i’m so happy you had such a good time!

Averie (LoveVeggiesandYoga) May 31, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Lori what a great recap of your AZ trip. Looks like it was beautiful and spectacular outside and that you had a mix of friends and family. So pretty :) Funny, when I lived in AZ I never remember it looking this way. lol

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 31, 2011 at 12:05 PM

Love all the vacation pictures, glad you had a fun time but I am definitely happy to have you back! :)

Ela May 31, 2011 at 11:31 AM

Looks beautiful–looking forward to hearing the rest of the story.
Welcome home!

Alisa Fleming May 31, 2011 at 10:46 AM

What an amazing trip Lori! I didn’t realize before that you were going to see family too. Double whammy of a good time. So glad you got to experience that … I’m majorly jealous!

chrysta May 31, 2011 at 9:50 AM

Hey girly! Welcome back! Love the pics..looks like such a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing those..I think hiking is one of my favorite outside activities. So great.

Reply May 31, 2011 at 8:00 AM

ahh thats awesome im so glad you had fun! im from arizona and just took my husband to sedona for the first time in november. isnt it beautiful? its such a peaceful place…phoenix is great too (my home city)! hopefully it wasnt too hot for u!

Katie May 31, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Come back!!!! I want to hike again!

Hope your feet are feeling better. πŸ˜€

Kelly May 31, 2011 at 6:38 AM

I had so much with you! Our last night in Phoenix was epic! :) Can’t wait to do it again with you soon! :)

Lauren @ WWoB May 31, 2011 at 6:26 AM

You look HAPPY and HEALTHY and GORGEOUS! And I cant imagine anything more important (than the first two)!

christina May 31, 2011 at 5:57 AM

these pictures make me want to go hiking! looks like so much fun!

ilovefetacheese May 31, 2011 at 5:46 AM

wow that is an insanely beautiful hike….WOW!!

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 31, 2011 at 5:04 AM

It looks like you had so much fun!! =) Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!

And hey, a week and a half is a long vaca for me too!!

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle May 31, 2011 at 4:49 AM

Sounds like such a wonderful time! Gosh, those pictures are gorgeous!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 31, 2011 at 4:12 AM

Hemp beer? Cool!
I love all of your pictures, Lori! I’m happy you had a great time off.

Alexandra May 31, 2011 at 3:54 AM

Wow! Love the landscape pictures! Looks like the weather was perfect for your trip! I just love family vacations like that–time for kicking back and being able to chillax with loved ones :) glad you had a wonderful time!!

Kat May 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM

Looks like so much fun!! Ive aways wanted to hike like that, backpack and all. I havent found any place close to me like that before, although I am looking toward Yosemite soon :)

Lindsay Cotter May 31, 2011 at 1:59 AM

welcome home lovely lady! so glad you all had a great time! it looks breath taking. A much needed getaway for you all.