Finally Friday

May 6, 2011

It’s been a long week but it’s finally Friday.

It’s finally Friday and I’m eagerly awaiting the weekend of replenish my reserves, physically, emotionally, and sleep-wise. I’ve been SO busy the past few days. Waking up at 4 am (Tuesdays and Thursdays) is tough, but worth every training session I have. 🙂

I’ve been missing my recipe making and blog writing this week, so Saturday I’m spending as much of the day as I can in the kitchen coming up with delicious meals to share with you! My list has already started.

Among the busyness of life lately, I’m finding so much joy in talking and finding time for my friends. I’ve gotten to know a few new women/friends who have been true life-savers (hopefully you know who you are!). I am finding joy in “chatting” with my blog friends, too. I don’t know what I would do without you guys/gals in my life. 🙂

Being that it’s finally Friday, I did my last workout of the week and I’m happy to be taking the much needed, upcoming rest days. But just in case you’re not taking the weekend off, here’s a great one for you to get those muscles working.

Weekend Worker Workout

Get ready for this circuit routine that has fat-burning cardio intervals between exercises. Equipment needed: a pair of medium-weight dumbbells, a medicine ball, a jump rope, and large exercise ball. Rest as you need, but try to complete the circuit with little to no rest between exercises.

• Rope jumps – 50 reps
  • Medicine Ball Wood chops – 20 each direction
  • Dumbbell shoulder carry squat and press – 20 reps
  • Hamstring bridge / rolls with exercise ball – 20 reps
  • Exercise ball push ups (feet on ball)- as many reps as possible
  • Jump rope – 50 reps, as fast as possible
  • Dumbbell alternating bent over rows – 20 reps each side
  • Medicine ball stationary lunges – 15 reps each leg
  • Medicine ball crunch – 20 reps
  • Medicine ball mountain climbers – 20 reps
  • Jumping jacks – 40 reps
  • Bench triceps dips – as many reps as possible

Repeat 2-3 times through. Ready, set, have fun!

And after you complete this workout, since I know you will, come back and tell me how you liked it! I’m subbing teaching some boot camp classes next week at my gym, so I need feedback. 🙂

It’s finally Friday- go out enjoy your day!

Questions of the Day:

What can you do for yourself this weekend?

What do you love about the work you do?
Any wonderful recipes I just have to make?!?!?!

Affirmation of the Day:

I am perfect, whole and complete.

Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 11, 2011 at 4:24 PM

Ohh, I love the look of this workout! I’ve been thinking about getting a medicine ball. I have 3, 5, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells already. What do you think is a good average weight medicine ball? I would like to grow my little home gym without having to purchase stock in Dick’s Sporting Goods! 😉

Kady May 8, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I tried the workout this morning, it was great! I did it 3 times, taking a few liberties as needed, then an abbreviated 4th time through to make up for the reps I skipped the first 3 times. I tacked on a bicep curl at the end too. I used a dumbbell instead of a ball because I think they are easier to hold onto and I did push-ups on the floor (I’m not that good at them!). Thanks for sharing 🙂

Pure2raw twins May 7, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Hope you get a restful weekend girl!! We have been busy here too, so love catching up on the weekends!

Love this workout!

Ela May 7, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I’m loving the structure of your blog these days. Have a fun weekend!

I’ve been resting up after a very physically demanding few days in Tucson–but feeling stoked that I have more energy for exercise now.

Monique May 7, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I wish I could be as excited for Fridays as you 🙁 I work on the weekends often, so I get my rest/off days randomly sprinkled out through the week. Excited to see your new recipes in the future though! Enjoy the weekend!

chrysta May 7, 2011 at 9:20 AM

yey for cooking saturdays! Cant wait to see the awesomeness you come up with! Im at work this weekend but its ok. Im hitting the gym tonight and then Sunday i actually have off and can rest up! Soooo looking forward to it. I hear ya on the 4amers. They are rough. i used to have to do those. Now I get up at 5am. Its amazing the diff that 1 hour can make. Love this workout! I just love seeing all these great routines. Have super fabulous weekend!

Erika May 7, 2011 at 5:15 AM

oh man i hear ya about waking up at 4am! i hope you get some serious relaxing in this weekend, can’t wait to see what you come up with in the kitchen 🙂
and good luck teaching boot class, sounds like a blast!

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 7, 2011 at 4:10 AM

So happy it’s finally Friday!! But today I woke up sick. Grrr fml 🙁 Can’t wait to see what you make 😀

Tea-bag May 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I had the worst day & I am so glad it’s over! I can’t wait to wander around the farmer’s market tomorrow! Can’t wait to see the results of you cooking experiments!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 6, 2011 at 2:41 PM

Dude… I was thinking Wednesday was Friday. I’ve been in a funk ALL week. I’m so thankful it’s Friday, you have no idea.

Emily May 6, 2011 at 2:12 PM

Love the workout!

Enjoy your weekend! Do your “replenish”ing first; the delicious meals can always wait for that 🙂

Anne May 6, 2011 at 1:17 PM

ohthankgod. weekend… in sight…

Katie May 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM

Friday? It’s Friday? Kidding…

I am way ready for the weekend. And how.

Lindsay Cotter May 6, 2011 at 11:00 AM

we need to trade workouts some day and report back. that would be fun!

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Oh I KNOW I am one of your faves 😉 hehe just kidding but you are one of mine for suuuure!!!!!!

I’m excited FOR you to have a weekend-long break after all of the craziness of the workweek! And of course I’m looking forward to recipes 😉 hehe

Kristina @ spabettie May 6, 2011 at 8:00 AM

oh, yes, SO happy it is Friday! tomorrow we start our 2 week vacation – SO very needed!

this looks like a great workout… I’ll do it!