Salmon & Sweet Potato Hash with Cilantro Lime Dressing

May 17, 2011

Did you get to read my bedtime story yesterday? The one about the princess? 🙂

I think some of you enjoyed it. Thanks for the great comments!

🙂

I found SO many wonderful recipes this weekend that I was just dying to make. (You people really need to stop with the incredible creations. I want them all!) Alas, there is only so much money to be spent, time to be had, and mouths to feed (read: mine) that I could only make a few… really good ones.

Pull up a chair, a computer, a cup of coffee and/or tea, and eat your heart out. But not literally because that would be a waste of a perfectly good heart. (can you tell it’s early…? or late. I get weird at random times)

A dish inspired from My Life as a Mrs. was first on my list of recipes to conquer…

——————————————————

One word: WOW.

Two words: Make. Now.

Three words: E A S Y, peasy, pleasey?

Whatever, you get the idea.

(Paleo) Salmon & Sweet Potato Hash with Cilantro Lime Dressing

Aka: Worthy of Wordlessness. 😉

Adapted from My Life as a Mrs.: Sweet Potato Crusted Fish with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette

THE HASH

• 1/2 cup shredded sweet potato (1/2 large potato)
  • 1 can of wild-caught salmon (Lazy, yes. Easy, definitely)
  • 1 egg
  • salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper, garlic powder

Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Heat a large sautee pan on high heat. Grease pan and spoon hash into two even patties. Reduce heat to medium and cook for about 7 minutes on each side, flipping once.

While salmon & sweet potato hash is cooking, start your cilantro lime dressing.

THE CILANTRO LIME DRESSING

• 1 cup Greek yogurt (or sour cream or vegan sub)
  • 1 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • juice from 1-2 limes (about 2-3 tbsp, or sub lemon juice)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • pepper, to taste

After chopping the cilantro and crushing the garlic, place all ingredients into a bowl, mixing well.

Top your salmon hash with plenty of cilantro lime goodness. You may use more of less of any of the ingredients here. It’s a throw-and-go type of recipe. No black and white. And the addition of the garlic really gives this a spicy kick… in a good way.

Now, this dish is the easiest thing ever and tastes wonderful. Please feel free to sub, add, subtract anything you’d like. That’s the way a recipe should be: Versatile.

Now go make this my little bloggies… and report back! I want to know how you made this your recipe.

Do you have a list of recipes to make?

Any easy ones? Do tell!

Kim Perry January 29, 2012 at 5:47 PM

Hi Lori-
Can you tell me how much salt, red pepper, cumin & garlic powder goes in this. It does not tell how much. Thanks!

Kim

Elissa May 20, 2011 at 6:46 AM

Made this last night! It was ah-mazing! I only had lemon’s on hand i’m sure it would have been better w/ limes, but still deeeelish! Love the easey ingredients (all at Trader Joes) and quick to cook. Have enough left over dressing I’ve decided to make it again for dinner tonight. Anything you want two nights in a row must be good! Great recipe Lori! (extra points for being paleo!!!) 🙂

Lori May 20, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Well, thank you very much. 🙂

Lauren @ WWoB May 18, 2011 at 6:34 AM

Ohhh that looks so easy! bookmarked.
I have lots of recipes marked down to make, and lots of them are yours! I made a pact that Id get better at branching out and making other peoples recipes – I have been in a total rut lately.

Monique May 17, 2011 at 7:52 PM

Yup. That definitely sounds bomb. I just made a miso marinade for salmon yesterday and had stirfry 🙂 I don’t think you could ever have too much salmon!

Pure2raw twins May 17, 2011 at 4:50 PM

this looks amazing, I miss salmon! or should I say I miss my dad grilling me fresh salmon.

Michelle... May 17, 2011 at 4:45 PM

This looks ABSOLUTELY amazing. I don’t necessarily make a list of recipes to cook, but I do save ones that interest me, and if they REALLY interest me, I add them try to sort of store them at the front of my mind, heh. This may have to be one of those!

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 17, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Bookmarked!!!! I always have a giant list of recipes to make =) alllways! <3

Emily May 17, 2011 at 1:58 PM

I bet the husband would love this! The dressing would go great on fish tacos, I bet (says the vegan girl 🙂 ).

I’ve got too many recipes bookmarked right now! I don’t know where to start with them.

Robin May 17, 2011 at 11:05 AM

Making it tonight! I will let you know how it goes.

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

Love the tatter hash! It looks like something I’d make for breakfast with scrambled eggs 😉 I always tell myself I’m going to make different recipes then I get lazy and don’t do it 🙁

Ela May 17, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I will make this for my husband–what a great spin on the salmon cakes I often make him! And since I’m basically living on yams atm, there are plenty around.

Yes, always an endless recipe list…

Erika May 17, 2011 at 9:57 AM

omg. i am on a total salmon kick lately and this is perfect. will be making!!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM

I always make my salmon with chives, never cilantro. YUM!

chrysta May 17, 2011 at 7:59 AM

Yes! love this. I actually have a can of salmon and Ive been staring at it wondering what to do with it. Well now I have a kick ass recipe to make up! I have a HUGE list of recipes. I got backed up. Now that I have some time off its gonna be like a cooking explosion. Oh btw, I laughed cause the other day there was a sale of Kaboucha ( my fav) and I bought like 8 of them! hahah! It reminded me of that pic you took of your stash. Made me laugh a little. Have a good one!

Kelly Michelle May 17, 2011 at 7:14 AM

wow I need to make those now! salmon and sweet potato!? yummmm

tea-bag May 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM

i have so many bookmarked protein cake recipes but i’m too afraid to try them & risk wasting expensive protein powder!

Lori May 17, 2011 at 7:08 AM

I hear ya on that. I usually just go with it anyway… and still eat it if it’s not good.

Katie May 17, 2011 at 5:55 AM

Now if only I liked salmon. Dang. I bet it would work with tuna though…

Alisa Fleming May 17, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Yum, yum, yum.

Kelly May 17, 2011 at 4:41 AM

Lori….thanks for this! Dinner tonight!!

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 17, 2011 at 4:26 AM

That looks AWESOME! I need to get my hands on a sweet tater STAT! Adding this to my long, long, long list of Lori’s recipes that I need to make. lol

Kat May 17, 2011 at 4:19 AM

Everything looks amazing, minus the fish part. I wish I liked fish! I just cant stand it 🙁 BUUUT that dressing sounds absolutely amazing! I love cilantro so much, thats one of the plants I will be growing in the new future!! 🙂

Lori May 17, 2011 at 6:49 AM

Oooh do plant cilantro. It grows like a weed!

If you don’t like fish, this would taste great with chicken or even quinoa or something.

christina May 17, 2011 at 4:06 AM

YUM! I would love that vinaigrette.

Alyssa - fashion fitness foodie May 17, 2011 at 3:42 AM

I have a million bookmarked recipes to make and you can bet I’m adding this one to it!

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle May 17, 2011 at 3:40 AM

I have such a loooong list of recipes to make its crazy! A lot of them are yours too :-). I have no added this one to the long list as well!

Lori May 17, 2011 at 6:51 AM

I feel like the recipe list never ends!! 🙂