Cabernet and Champagne Cupcakes

June 20, 2011

It all started with a soy latte from Blue Bottle Coffee Co. in San Francisco.

It ended with an organic-amazingness dinner at The Plant in San Francisco.

And in the middle were good people, wine, cupcakes, and good-times all around.

See…

Anne captured taking a picture

A tour of the winery and a lesson in making grape magic

Cupcakes. Cupcakes. Cupcakes. Pink champagne cupcakes, chocolate on chocolate, snickerdoodle cake with snickerdoodle frosting. Can we say, Delicious? Ooooh yes we can.

Anne and I attended a LivingSocial wine tasting event. Such a great deal! Included in a low, low price was transportation from San Francisco to Napa (1 hour), wine tasting at two wineries, lunch, cupcake tasting, relaxation, good company, and transportation back to the City.

After our long day, Anne and I decided to grab some nourishing food, and lots of water, at The Plant. Expensive but delicious. And I’m planning on recreating some of their menu items. 😉 Get excited.

Olive oil, vinegar, and homemade wheat bread

My dish of the Ginger Miso Quinoa Bowl with tofu. Tangy and delicious with lots of veggies.

Anne’s Plant Burger: vegan burger made from lentils, mushrooms, cashews, beets, and bulghar. Absolutely wonderful.

There’s no time like the present to live your life. This was such a wonderful experience and definitely needed. I love getting out and exploring new places, meeting new people, and just having a good, safe, time.

Have you ever attended an event with a social group, such as Groupon or LivingSocial or even Meetup.com? How’d it go? Personally, I LOVE using these groups as a resource. Meetup.com has introduced me to some pretty awesome people.

Have you ever had a champagne Cupcake? omg so good!

Leashieloo June 21, 2011 at 4:21 PM

So many good things in one post! And why can’t I find a latte place that makes pretty images with the foam! Pouts.

Zoe June 21, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Your lunch looks awesome, that is really my sort of dish. I wish I could find somewhere that did it or replicate it.

Zoe xx
Life of a Vegetarian Girl

sapir June 21, 2011 at 12:03 AM

what a perfect day! i always knew about this Groupon thing, but i never try it. but i will someday…

Natalie @ cinnamon bums June 20, 2011 at 6:36 PM

i LOVE blue bottle and The Plant. both are awesome. you definitely hit up two of my favorite places. the plant burger is off the hoooook

tea-bag June 20, 2011 at 5:52 PM

haha, i used to work at the plant when it was still called lettus organic cafe. feel free to hit me up if you want tips on their recipes! 🙂

Katie June 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM

I haven’t had one, but you should definitely try to recreate that one!!

Funny enough, I just looked to see if there were any meetup.com groups where I am moving. Um…nope. Greeeeat.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit June 20, 2011 at 3:28 PM

I sure as heck want a champagne cupcake now that I’ve seen what they look like! I was just thinking about you today, hadn’t read a post of yours in awhile. I’m glad you’re having a blast!

kat June 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM

Omg I had a champagne cupcake at a wedding this weekend! It was what made up their wedding cake lol it was so so delicious!!

Pure2raw twins June 20, 2011 at 3:26 PM

champagne cupcakes??? I want one right now please 😉

lindsay June 20, 2011 at 3:18 PM

wow, look at that plant sandwich! such flavor. Wine and cupcakes….thats a dream of mine?!
😉

Kristie June 20, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Awesome! I’ve used groupon and the like before but only for small things, I’ve never actually bought one for an event like that. So neat! I’ll have to try one of those out someday. I’ve been on meetup as well but definitely never done anything beyond browsing through it. Good to know that people actually find it successful though, some of the meetups on there sound kind of neat!

And those cupcakes… oh the cupcakes. I’ve never tried a champagne one before though. Needs to change!

Sarah @ The Smart Kitchen June 20, 2011 at 3:13 PM

I have not had a champagne cupcake…but I would love one right now.

Just after I polish off one of those snickerdoodle ones…

Emily June 20, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Fun! Cant beat wine and cupcakes! I’ve been on a few ‘food tours’ in different cities when I travel – its one of my favorite things to do! I’ve never attended a social group event through those programs though.

kalli June 20, 2011 at 2:35 PM

wow what a day! all the best thrown into one…….love it!

Sable@SquatLikeALady June 20, 2011 at 1:54 PM

This looks like it was SO much fun! And such beautiful photos as always Lori!!!

Shanna, Like Banana June 20, 2011 at 1:31 PM

WHAT??? I wish I had known about this. This is so up my alley…man oh man how fun!