HUGE Thank You

June 9, 2011

My Thoughts post was written and posted a little premature. I was sad and just wanted to relieve some of the sadness. Writing helps. I’m not sure I should have posted what I did, but to be honest, I’m glad I did it.

I have never felt more love from a community, like the blog world. People who barely know me and my family are sending wishes and prayers and positive thoughts. My family and I are so grateful for all of your support and all of the people in our immediate lives that are here for us.

My dad is out of the hospital, by miracle.

His heart attack damaged his heart to the point the doctors could not do anything to help. One doctor asked if he could try an experimental procedure and was able to put a stint into one of the clogged veins. It took and he was able to come home. They couldn’t fix his heart or the situation but they could prolong his life. We aren’t sure for how long but I do know that we’ve been blessed.

I’m now officially dedicating my days home with my family to feeding them properly. 😉 He’s on a rigid diet of NO salt so I’m trying to help create meals for us all to enjoy and for him to actually eat. He’s a salt lover… doesn’t quite help the no-salt meal ideas.

I’m also putting together a medication schedule. It’s a pharmacy here in our house.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you, from the bottom of my heart. My family says thank you, as well. You’ve all touched us.

Pure2raw twins June 11, 2011 at 5:59 PM

so happy to hear your dad is home!!!

love you, and thinking of you and your family always 😉

Ally @ Sweet & Savory June 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM

So sorry to hear about your dad, my thoughts and prayers to him and your family:)

Alisa Fleming June 10, 2011 at 6:23 AM

I’m so happy to hear this. He’s lucky to have an amazing daughter like you to help. I’m sure the food will be amazing!

Kelly June 10, 2011 at 5:14 AM

I am SO glad he got to come home Lori. I will keep praying and sending you guys positive vibes. I wish I could give you a BIG hug!!

Leashieloo June 10, 2011 at 4:14 AM

That is such great news. And nevermind that it was premature, you needed to let it out and I’m glad you did.

tea-bag June 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM

he’s so lucky to have you! (and so is the bloggie world!)

Katie June 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM

I’ve been thinking about you since that post and I am so glad to hear that he is doing well! He’s under good care with you there watching him and planning his meals. 😀

This is kind of random, but do you know who makes that stint? I saw a presentation by a WL Gore scientist who had just came up with a prototype that sounds a lot like that. He passed it around the room, and I am just curious if it is the same thing…

Emily June 9, 2011 at 3:42 PM

Hi Lori, I’m just catching up on your recent posts and I’m so glad to hear your dad is recovering at home. Being at home and with loving family plays a big role in recovery, I am sure. My thoughts are with you!! You are strong, girl 🙂

Jenn @ Peas & Crayons June 9, 2011 at 3:27 PM

I’m so so glad he’s out of the hospital! Hopefully he has a speedy recovery!!! I love you girl! my heart is with you and your fam right now!

Christin@purplebirdblog June 9, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Oh Lori, this is the first I’ve heard! I am sooo sorry to hear about his heart attack but so happy to hear he is home! Sounds like your family is close, and I’m sure that helps during this time. I will hold you guys in my thoughts and prayers! xo

lindsay June 9, 2011 at 3:03 PM

so glad to hear he is home!!!

Alexandra June 9, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I’m so happy he’s home! You’re amazing for taking charge and helping him out with the new low salt diet–with all of your awesome recipes/cooking expertise, I’m sure he’ll never be deprived 😉
Enjoy every second with your family, y’all will be in my prayers!

Sable@SquatLikeALady June 9, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Oh Lori I’m so glad he’s home. And I’m so glad you, being the culinary genius that you are, are there with him to help stay on top of his 0-sodium diet!

I’m still praying for you and your family.

Anne June 9, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Yay Dad!!! 🙂 Next Post: WhatRunsLori’sDad…

kat June 9, 2011 at 2:02 PM

I’m so glad to hear he was able to come home. That really is such a blessing. My gma lived her remaining year in a hospital and she hated every minute, there really is nothing like the comfort of home. Its really sweet of you to be putting a schedule together for him to keep him on track. What an awesome thing to do for your daddy 🙂
You all are still in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there girl 🙂