I went a little crazy with the baking last night. Once I started, I couldn’t stop. Maybe it was the massive amounts of super ripe bananas I had on hand, or maybe it was my unquenchable sweet tooth. Maybe it was just that I love to bake. And bake I did.
But I didn’t spend hours slaving over a recipe, like I sometimes do. No, no. These recipes were SO easy. Easy enough to say I pretty much eyeballed the measurements and everything still came out great. The first recipe I’ll share with you is the one for cookies. Gooey, fluffy, chocolate chip heaven cookies.
And what good is a cookie without chocolate chips?
Loads of Chocolate Chips, Cookies
[gluten and dairy free, vegan, fluffy and chocolate chip approved]
Recipe adapted from the I Heart Wellness Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwich
- 1 cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup rice protein powder, Vanilla (any protein powder will do, the tastier the better)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, gluten and dairy free, if desired
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted) (may use applesauce, vegetable oil, or butter)
- 1/4 cup NuNaturals Baking Blend (may sub regular sugar, honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk, or milk of choice (if using honey, maple, or agave nectar for sweetener, add milk 1 tbsp at a time until reaches desired consistency, may use less)
- 1 large very ripe banana
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl (from flour to chocolate chips). Add in the remaining ingredients, including the whole banana.
Stir until well combined, smashing banana as you mix, chunks are ok.
Drop dough onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
Don’t even bother to let them cool before eating. These are way too good to not enjoy straight from the oven. You know, while the chocolate’s still melty.
Now that’s a cookie!
As far as gluten free, and even vegan, cookies are concerned, these take the
cake cookie! They are… um, were, so good.
When I make chocolate chip cookies, there are always a plethora of chips involved. I’m not one to skimp on the chocolate chunks, are you? I know some people are more fans of the actual cookie dough, cookie, than the added chocolate, but I’m not one of these people. My cookies have substance, liveliness, and enough chocolate chips to make a mess when you’re eating them.
How do you prefer your cookies? On the rocks (lots of added stuff) or straight up (plain Jane)?