These are 10 things that CrossFit has taught me since I started WOD’ing (…err, working out CrossFit style).
10 Things CrossFit Has Taught Me:
1. I am stronger than I believe. I can lift more that I believe I can and I can move heavier objects than I would have ever dreamed possible.
2. I can find a sense of community at any CrossFit location. And I’ve done this. Recently I have been working out at CrossFit Feather River and although it’s only been a week, I already feel like I’ve made some great friends.
3. I can do anything for X amount of time. It’s true! I can complete a solid, incredible, sweat-and-metabolism-boosting workout in whatever time it takes to compete the WOD (workout of the day). And this can correlate back to any part of my life I may view as a challenge. I can do anything in that X amount of time.
4. Paleo is yummy (and fun!). Taking away (most) grains, legumes, and dairy can tastes really good and be completely satisfying… even if it doesn’t sound all that wonderful.
5. Whether I can or I can’t, I’m right. It’s an old quote, but it’s true. If I think I can do it, I probably can.
6. Clauses are sexy. They are an effect of lifting weights, of being strong, of working hard. And mine are darn sexy.
7. If I’m going to do something, I might as well do it right the first time. This goes for many things but if I lift right, my body will respond with strength (after the soreness! Oh, so sore!!)- not injury.
8. I can complete just one more round. Just one more round. I can always make it through just one more round.
should be is considered Paleo. Isn’t it for you???
10. I can push myself beyond any preconceived limits, beyond mental and physical limits I previously thought not possible. If you’ve ever tried CrossFit, or even just done something physically CHALLENGING, in the middle of a WOD you may think that you’re not going to make it through the entire workout… and then you finish. Dare I say it’s the best feeling ever? Take for example this workout…
- 30 squat cleans
- 30 pull-ups
- 800 meter run
- REPEAT 3 TIMES TOTAL
I can’t believe I even finished! This one was HARD. And long. It took me 29 mintes, 50 seconds to finish, but finish I did!
Along the way, maybe around the second round of pull-ups (assisted, mind you) I figured my body would just stop working and I would be free to lay in my misery of sore muscles.. but nope. I finished. Everyone finished! And it was wonderful to be done, accomplished, COMPLETED!
Did I mention eating Paleo is yummy? Paleo Plum and Peach Pie recipe tomorrow!
What has your challenging thing taught you?