Tomorrow I’m finally posting the information on what it’s like to be a personal trainer! It’s been a slight challenge to write because there are so many aspects to touch on. So, I’m excited to share that information with you.
Today I have a workout for you. This is the same workout I’m having a few of my clients do today and it’s a good one. This is a full-body workout, it takes about an hour to complete, and it’s a metabolism booster!
Compounds & Tabatas
Perform set 1 three times through for the prescribed number of repetitions. Then move onto the next set.
- set 1
- Squat to dumbbell press X15
- Incline push-ups (or regular push-ups) to burpee X15
- Plank hold (on elbows) 30 seconds hold, 5 seconds rest X5
- set 2
- Plate stair walk (hold a weighed plate above your head, arms straight, and walk up a set of stairs, skipping every other step- Keep your abs engaged the entire time!) X15
- Chin-up holds (jump to a chin-up or pull-up position and hold as long as possible, slowly releasing down to a hang) X8 – 10
- Lunge and hold 3 count (lunge with your right leg back, pulse to a 3 count then come back to standing position. Alternate legs with each lunge) X15 each leg
- set 3
- Squat and row (position a cable slightly lower than chest level, add weight to the machine and pull the cable out and into your body. Take a squatting position with resistance in the cable- do 15 rows into your body) X15
- Mountain climbers X15
- Side plank 1 minute each side
- set 4: Tabatas
- 20 seconds on, 10 seconds rest (X8 – total of 4 minutes) of:
- kettle bell swings, two hands on bell
- option to add or sub in air squats
Drink lots of water, grab some good carbs and protein, and rest! This is a great workout but you have to recover properly to get it’s full benefits.
Done with that workout? Looking for something more…?
If you have any questions about any of the moves or about this workout… or any questions about workouts in general, leave a comment below and I’ll try my best to answer them!