Jul
2011

Paleo Plum and Peach Pie

21 comments

If there’s one thing I know, it’s that scrawny guys know how to eat. Not that Larry is scrawny or anything, he just has some great recipes…

I’m also not saying he’s not strong either. He does CrossFit, ergo, he’s a powerful dude. I bet he can relate to at least one of the 10 things I’ve learned from CrossFit.

I’m also not saying that just because I have been taking away most grains from my diet that I can’t indulge when indulging needs to be done. I can. I will. I did.

I, once again, am not saying that I wouldn’t eat this perfect, plumy, peachy, Paleo pie for breakfast, alongside a glorious cup of coffee. I won’t say it because it’s not true that I didn’t. I did. And I loved each and every bite. And so will you.

Make this now! For What I Ate Wednesday, of course.

I borrowed this recipe from ScrawnyWOD‘s Cin-Ful Paleo Peach Pie. It’s delicious. I used his recipe for the pie crust, exactly, reserving about a 1/2 cup of the crust for the top of pie (as Larry suggests).

Once you have finished the crust, get started on the plum and peach filling:

I obviously wanted an A La Mode pie so I opted for a giant blob dollop of Greek yogurt with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Truly wonderful… on a Wednesday.

What did you eat on Wednesday?
Do you have an abundance of fruit in your hands (kitchen), too??
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

amanda July 27, 2011 at 5:04 AM

OMG! this Paleo Plum and Peach Pie looks so good, yum! I ate Chocolate truffles :) it was good too, but your pie look much better!
amanda´s last blog post ..לייטמן

Anna July 27, 2011 at 5:08 AM

This Paleo Plum and Peach Pie look absolutely perfect, I guess the scrawny guys really do know how to eat :)
Anna´s last blog post ..10 Tips on how to get a girl to like you

Kelly July 27, 2011 at 5:57 AM

Wow Lori…this really looks amazing!!
Kelly´s last blog post ..bells and balls

Larry July 27, 2011 at 7:01 AM

Nice job, Lori. It looks better than the one I made. And yes, I am a scrawny but powerful dude.
Larry´s last blog post ..Training Log: 7/26/11

Katie July 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM

I have so many godforsaken raspberries. I think this looks like a great way to use them up though… and it is Wednesday after all.
Katie´s last blog post ..Like being a kid again

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com July 27, 2011 at 7:07 AM

loving the paleo recipes!! keep ‘em coming!
amy@healthyhungryhappy.com´s last blog post ..Bob’s Red Mill Granola Giveaway #2!

yo yo mama July 27, 2011 at 10:46 AM

I got to enjoy this. thank you! I discovered the combination of the sweet peaches and the tarter plums is fabulous. Fruit: you won’t be surprised to learn that I had to dump all the plum cocktail in the refrig. Now..to make a peach and nectarine pie for tonight.

Ela July 27, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Sounds yummy. I’m not usually a fan of cooked fruit, jam, etc (and not just for philosophical reasons: for once this is a genuine taste preference)–but my husband adores that kind of stuff, and would probably really dig (into) this.

Early yet on Wednesday here: so far, I’ve had watermelon!
Ela´s last blog post ..Taking Space–Fixing Foods For Others’ Palates–Rice Yogurt

Lorarian89 July 27, 2011 at 11:25 AM

Wow! this looks great!! I have to try this recipe… I’m a big pies fan :)
Lorarian89´s last blog post ..שליחת SMS

Danielle July 27, 2011 at 1:07 PM

This is making my mouth water, Lori! Looks amazing!!
Danielle´s last blog post ..UnCONventional now listed in Goodreads

Pure2raw Twins July 27, 2011 at 2:01 PM

YUM YUM we have being enjoying lots of fruit lately, ok well maybe not lots but we have been enjoying fruit – mainly peaches and figs! :)
Pure2raw Twins´s last blog post ..Finally it happened

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) July 27, 2011 at 5:22 PM

I’m kind of drooling over that peach pie ;)
Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie)´s last blog post ..[WIAW] OIAJ & Sweets

ilovefetacheese July 27, 2011 at 5:49 PM

wowwwwww this looks amazing. i really loved your last post too. You seriously take fantastic photos

Jenn @ Peas & Crayons July 27, 2011 at 6:41 PM

you cheater! that isnt all you ate =) come on! inspire us with MORE! <3

love you!
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons´s last blog post ..Oh My God Becky… Look at her WIAW!

Lauren @ WWoB July 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM

I ate a lot of delicious basil-lemon-honey egg salad sandwiches! For breakfast and dinner. Lunch was protein smoothie and salad after a lifting workout.
And I did have TONS of fruit, but I just finished it all! Finally!
Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog post ..Merh.

Chuck July 27, 2011 at 10:11 PM

Is this “mailable”? Meaning, could you send me it? lol- glad you are getting back into eat and your crossfit workouts look beastly! I’m jealous- I wish I had time to do it all!
Chuck´s last blog post ..Changes and Challenges

Jill July 30, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Hi Lori,
Being that you are mainly paleo as well, what kind of salt do you use and how much daily? Also, does it give you your iodine? I am confused on this…
Thank you!
Jill

Michele April 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Yogurt isn’t paleo – made from milk , even Greek . Your recipes sound real good, printed some. Try coconut kefir – awesome , just had the strawberry. Problem with coconut milk and almond – no protein . So add additional to your meals. Will start following you.