Even Brunettes Can Enjoy Life Blondies

August 8, 2011

I enjoy the Paleo way of eating, although I’m not sure I could ever entirely give up grains completely. Nor do I think I want to. I don’t like the thought of taking away a certain food group completely. With that way of thinking comes way to much emphasis on not doing something, which in turns, makes me want that “forbidden fruit” that much more.

No, no. Placing that emphasis just makes me think about what I can’t have or shouldn’t have. But if I take away the forbiddenness and add an “instead of” in front of the said item, well then, that just makes it a truly wonderful (and once in a while) indulgence.

Kinda like these blondies. They may not be Paleo but they are certainly gluten and dairy free. Oh, and they are mighty tasty. Mighty. I say to enjoy life to the fullest, we must enjoy what we do, what we eat, and who we are.

I’m just a brunette in search of finding balance in food and health. And Enjoy(ing) Life Blondies…

Enjoy Life Blondies. It’s like a cookie field of tasty. And Enjoy Life brand makes yummy happen. (This is purely my opinion. I purchased, and continue to purchase, Enjoy Life products on my own. I am not sponsored to write this, but I’ll gladly take some freebie’s! Hint, hint.)

How do you enjoy life?

How are you enjoying your Monday?

Pure2raw Twins August 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM

can I have one of those now! please 🙂 I was good today, very productive! Now I am extremely tired, I have laughed so much today… mainly due to being so tired that I was becoming a little delirious haha
Anyways enough silliness Lori those bars look incredibly!

xo
~Lori

Natalie @ cinnamon bums August 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

haha clever post name 😉 i’m with you on the not cutting out food groups completely – i just don’t like that idea of denial/forbidden foods! that being said, these look so delicious!

teabag August 8, 2011 at 5:57 PM

i’ve had the best monday! a great date of just hanging out and doin’ nothing! 🙂 “it’s a cookie field of tasty.” – i LOVE that!

Alisa Fleming August 8, 2011 at 4:39 PM

Ooh, the sunflower seed butter is literally the icing on the cake!!

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com August 8, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Agree!! im brunette and i love me some blondies!

Liz @ IHeartVegetables August 8, 2011 at 1:39 PM

Wow those look AMAZING!!!! I’m a brunette, but I think I’d like these blondies 😉

Michelle {the lively kitchen} August 8, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Now I’m craving blondies. Or brownies. I’ll take either…..

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan August 8, 2011 at 10:25 AM

I love me some blondies! I agree with you on the deprivation idea; when I say I “can’t” have something, its siren song only grows louder…

Katie August 8, 2011 at 7:30 AM

The title of this post cracks me up. I love it.

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle August 8, 2011 at 7:05 AM

Those blondies look great! Hey, if you get a chance…if you have any good links to different paleo recipes etc could you send them to me? I have a new e-mail address…its beatyourbest.training@gmail.com. Thank you so much! LOVE your bloggie girl!

Kelly August 8, 2011 at 6:10 AM

You know I love blondies!!!

lindsay August 8, 2011 at 3:59 AM

shhhooooot! I’d make this because of the name alone! but dang its looks good.

Jess@Healthy Exposures August 8, 2011 at 2:54 AM

The recipes you’re posting lately are killing me. I want to make them all, but can’t keep up!! These blondies are no exception. And major brownie points for using stevia AND brown sugar. I find I like a combo of the two best, if I am going to use stevia at all!

I’m going to enjoy my Monday by….working :X …but I’ll do it with a good attitude! Take that, Monday! 😉

Alexandra August 8, 2011 at 2:49 AM

“It’s like a cookie field of tasty”<– it sure looks like it! Blondies are always so delicious, thanks for sharing the awesome recipe! 🙂