WIAW Summer Love is Filled With Veggies

August 3, 2011

The thing I love most about summer is the abundance of fresh vegetables and fruits. I do enjoy the heat and sun but the freshness of the foods bring me joy. Joy, joy, joy.

Lately I’ve been filling my meals with a variety of vegetables and fruits, a protein, and some more veggies and fruits. This has been helping me eat less (’cause this is a problem I have- if the food’s good, I’ll eat it!), and it also give a fresh approach to meals. Not to mention, my garden is bursting with tomatoes, peaches, nectarines, zucchini, green beans, and other wonderful items.

On this episode of What I Ate Wednesday, I’m definitely enjoying my freshies.

LUNCH

Curried Salmon Salad in a butter lettuce wrap

Cherry tomatoes, carrots, green onions, crisp, sweet red peppers, green grapes, and homemade pickles.

Mmmmmmmm…..

That was the highlight of my day but the rest of my meals went something like this…

BREAKFAST

Giant green smoothie

Coffee

More coffee…

SNACK

Usually more veggies, an apple, some kind of meat, the best ever baba ganoush

And/or Chia Almond Paleo Bars (bottom of the page and SO good)

DINNER

(Paleo) Thai Chicken Patties or something close. Delicious. Wonderful. Yummy. Filling.

DESSERT

Undecided but probably Greek yogurt mixture (protein powder, cinnamon, Stevia, and fresh berries)

Anyone have a dessert suggestion???

What did YOU eat Wednesday??

Andrea @ Vegvacious August 6, 2011 at 7:57 AM

Wow! All that fresh produce makes for some gorgeous photos! You’ve had some great eats lately! I’ve been loving all the fresh local produce too! Best snack/dessert for me lately has definitely been watermelon!

Living, Learning, Eating August 5, 2011 at 2:04 PM

My dessert suggestion is *always* something with ice cream! I love green monsters!!! Had the tastiest one of my life this morning: http://livinglearningeating.wordpress.com/2011/08/05/blueberry-green-milkshake/

Kris @Krazy_Kris August 4, 2011 at 5:52 PM

WOW! Beautiful food and beautiful photos!!!!! That’s a lot of veggies… Wanna come here and cut and chop for me? I will pay you in wine 😉

Jenn @ Peas & Crayons August 4, 2011 at 10:19 AM

awww Lori you did it! <3 hehe atta girl!

love you even more now! and i'll love you even MORE if you share. b/c I want all of this!

sapir August 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM

appetizing photos :p

liz @ iheartvegetables August 3, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Yummm! I love all the seasonal vegetables! That’s one my my favorite parts about summer! Oh and watermelon. That gets its own mention because it’s so freaking delicious.

Hmmm dessert… I’ve been eating Vitatops + peanut butter lately. SO good!

Michelle {the lively kitchen} August 3, 2011 at 7:20 PM

Jealous about your garden bounty! I only got a handful of cherry tomatoes and some basil before the darn heat/drought combo (and my negligence ooops) killed the cucumbers, peppers, green beans and onions.

Great pictures, as always.

Anne August 3, 2011 at 5:46 PM

looks amazing and fresh and happy! 🙂

Pure2raw twins August 3, 2011 at 5:39 PM

haha love the overflowing of your green smoothie 🙂

Meesh August 3, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I love the fresh produce of summer too. I’ve eaten so much of it especially this year, as I ordered from a CSA. Great blog!!!

Erika August 3, 2011 at 11:11 AM

mmm everything looks so fresh and crisp!! what’s not to love about summer?!
dessert..frozen banana soft serve? or homemade coconut milk icecrem? 🙂

Anna August 3, 2011 at 10:52 AM

All this food look so good! I also love the summer’s vegetables and fruits, and this Thai Chicken Patties – yum!!!

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) August 3, 2011 at 9:37 AM

Whoaaa so many veggies! Everything looks delish 😀

Alisa Fleming August 3, 2011 at 8:45 AM

No bake fudge!

Love the good eats, looks delicious Lori!

Kristina @ spabettie August 3, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Mmm, you KNOW I love this post! beautiful colors in food that tastes even more amazing when it’s out of your garden. and butter lettuce makes the best wrap – we LOVE butter lettuce around here. hmm… dessert. fresh fruit blended with some ice, kind of like a sno cone – frosty thing? fresh and cooling!

Katie August 3, 2011 at 6:18 AM

I have only eaten coffee. Err…drank. I’ve only been up for 30 minutes. 😀

Kind of jealous that your garden is already edible. I pulled my first zucchini yesterday!

Kelly August 3, 2011 at 6:07 AM

Dessert….some of that amazing banana bread!!

Alexandra August 3, 2011 at 5:34 AM

Wow I love all the colors! Summer fruits and veggies always make the heat a tad more tolerable heehee 😀 I love cold smoothies for dessert in the summer, great way to cool off!

lindsay August 3, 2011 at 3:57 AM

frozen greek yogurt with peaches has been a good dessert for us lately. cools us off! love all the colors of the food. preeeettttttyyy!