Minimus Is The New Balance

September 1, 2011

The most comfortable shoes I’ve ever owned.

The sleek and light design make the shoes virtually weightless and incredibly comfortable.

Balance is better. Stability increased. Easier to wear. Faster to run. Better to own.

I love my New Balance Minimus shoes.

Every day I wear my Minimus to work. Every day I get at least one compliment on how much someone likes my shoes.

The New Balance Minimus is designed for the cross training, weight lifting, avid running, gym goer, or anyone wanting the minimalist shoe and maximum comfort. They are a lightweight, flat soled shoe that has applied the technology of barefoot running without those interesting toe cut-outs (you know the shoes I’m speaking about. I haven’t tried those but the look isn’t really what I’m after).

I loved them the moment I slipped them on. Who wouldn’t love the cute pink trim with silver all over? Guys, they even make them without pink, if you’re wanting a “tougher” look. Ladies, they’ve got more than just pink in store… And CrossFitters, no more need for Converse for lifting then Cross-Trainers for the WOD. No more switching shoes when you have one shoe that’s meant for all.

*Random thought* Hmmmm… I wonder if New Balance has some training clothes that go with my new shoes….

*Ahem*

*Thought done*

An added bonus of these shoes (for me) is the flexibility they give me to do any type of workout, whether it be weight training, running, boxing, CrossFit style workouts, or just on my feet all day at work. At the end of the day when my feet could be hurting, they still ready for more.

Like this workout…

30 A Minute Workout

Body weight workout only. Good for breaking in your new shoes.

• Done each minute on the minute for 30 minutes:
  • 10 squats
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 full sit-ups
  • *Bonus, every 5 minutes stop and perform 5 burpees then continue on the minute for a new round

Try it and see how you like the workout. It’s a tough one, whether it looks like it or not! This workout will be done today by me… Or… I’ll have my new cadets do this workout. (oooooh, foreshadowing information for tomorrow’s post! Updates on life are coming!)

Would I recommend them?

Definitely.

Do I wear them like they’re going out of style (but they’re not ’cause they’re new!)?

Heck yes!!

New Balance has been my preferred brand of shoe choice for a while but now I’m sold on only New Balance. At least for a while.

Is Minimus your New Balance?

What’s your New Balance in life?

And yes, I have big feet.

www.sepidface.com May 15, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
My website is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users would
truly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this ok with you. Cheers!

Anna September 5, 2011 at 12:23 AM

It does look very comfortable and they are beautifull also. enjoy them love and thanks for recommending, when I’ll need new shoes I’ll remember them 🙂

Lorarian89 September 4, 2011 at 2:40 PM

Cool shoes!!!

hera September 2, 2011 at 12:08 AM

wow.. good choice of shoes! i think they are very much comfortable especially when exercising..

Ela September 1, 2011 at 10:55 AM

They do look good! I just wore a pair of NB’s to death–now have Sauconys, but my ND recommended I get Asics because my knees get sore real fast when I run.

Ten squats, etc, on the minute for thirty minutes–if you’re done in less than a minute, what do you do for the rest of the minute?

Anne@MyZenPulse September 1, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Am seriously considering the minimus trail shoe just because its so f*ing cute! 🙂 LOVE the pink and silver road shoe though… might need both!

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss September 1, 2011 at 7:36 AM

psh.. no shame in that. I’ve got big feet, too. 😉 AND I LIKE the look of those! I wanna try ’em. badly.

Katie September 1, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Plus they’re cute!! Next time i need new shoes, I’m looking for those. Although New Balance don’t usually fit me quite “right”.

Larry September 1, 2011 at 4:35 AM

I currently have the previous model of the minimus trail shoe and they’re really comfy too. I plan on getting the dude version of the kind you have once these wear out.

Alexandra September 1, 2011 at 3:23 AM

Dang those look super comfy! I really need a new pair of workout shoes…mine look like they’ve lived through a war haha 😉 I’ll definitely look into these!

Anna September 1, 2011 at 3:03 AM

oh wow they’re absolutely gorgeous on top of all! it’s hard to find good looking gym shoes in my opinion and these are cute as hell and look so so so comfortable! congrats on a kickin purchase 😀