Sep
2011

Vanilla Almond Cupcake/Muffins. And What’s The Difference Between a Muffin and a Cupcake?

12 comments

What is the real difference between a cupcake and a muffin?

Is it that a muffin is really a naked cupcake? Is it because there’s fruit in muffins and not cupcakes? Less sugar, since most muffins have tons of added sugar?

I don’t know the answer. Do you?

Maybe you can try out this recipe and let me know…and trust me, you’ll want to. Try them, that is.

The thing I do know about these little gems are that they are incredibly delicious, soft, fluffy, slightly sweet, naked, and outstanding. The cupcakuffins are p e r f e c t in every way. Passing for a muffin and can definitely be a cupcake, without any frosting, they’re wonderful and healthy.

I served these slightly warm and with sliced ripe strawberries. The combination was killer.

Cupcake tin-approved, make these now. If you want straight vanilla, make the originals I played this recipe off from, here.

Record for these cupcake/muffins in my house was one day. One day and they were all gone. All 12 gone between only four people. What will your record be?

Want more photos of these sweet little dolls? Check out and like What Runs Lori on Facebook for all the hot photos!

What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Jess@Healthy Exposures September 27, 2011 at 4:00 AM

Unfortunately, I think most muffins are more of cupcakes than anything, when you buy them out! So much sugarrr. I’d prefer a dense, hearty muffin anyday. Yes, even for dessert! I’m not really one for frosting anyways ;)

These look awesome…and I love that they can double as breakfast or dessert!
Jess@Healthy Exposures´s last blog post ..Back to my Roots & a Winner

Lori September 27, 2011 at 5:45 AM

I couldn’t agree with you more! Most muffins ARE cupcakes… maybe worse with sugar content! Sadly.

These are delicious any time of the day… which I love. ;)

Sable@SquatLikeALady September 27, 2011 at 8:05 AM

OMG Lori. These look AMAZING! I remember a few months ago you were thinking of opening an online bakery…PLEASE tell me that is still in the works. Please please please.

Lori September 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM

UG I HOPE! I’m pretty much out of free time in the day but damn… I should.

And thank you!

Secret Admirer September 27, 2011 at 8:26 AM

WOW! Those pictures are incredible. I think it is time to get that Food Network photography job! Those mupcakes/cuffins look delicious you should send soem my way.

Natasha September 27, 2011 at 2:02 PM

There actually technically is a difference between a cupcake and muffin and that has to do with the baking method – it is like comparing a chocolate cake to banana bread – completely different!
It does seem though that many muffins seem like cupcakes and are just as sugary/unhealthy – I mean have you seen some of those muffins at Panera – danggg.
P.S these muffins look mighty delicious and HEALTHY :)
Natasha´s last blog post ..Fall Favorites

Lori September 27, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Wow… I knew some smart person would answer that question!!! Thanks. Actually, I’ve never considered that before. Interesting…

Pure2raw Twins September 27, 2011 at 5:58 PM

I want now!! please send one this way LOL

Michelle and I ask ourselves that question all the time ;) I am not sure what the difference is, I guess I need to google it.
either way I do prefer cupcakes over muffins – well usually haha
Pure2raw Twins´s last blog post ..Coconut trial

Lori September 27, 2011 at 8:38 PM

Sending!

Oh wait… they’re gone already. Next time!

Kyle September 27, 2011 at 9:24 PM

AWESOME :)

Kelly September 28, 2011 at 2:58 PM

These look great! I don’t really think there is any difference between cupcakes and muffins. I think people think muffins are healthier but in my opinion it is 6 one way and half dozen the other.

I love the new blog look!!

Xeanne September 30, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Really looks great, Muffin or cupcake? whatever! I will definitely eat them all!
Xeanne´s last blog post ..How To Conceive Quickly