Venting Thursday & Eggless Salad Recipe

October 13, 2011

I hope you enjoyed yesterday’s soapbox talk. I just get on these tangents when I’m sitting down to write. Before I know it words become sentences and sentences become blog posts. It’s crazy what comes out of my typing fingers sometimes.

So, I’ve been keeping quite busy with personal training, recipe creating, blogging, fitting in some exercise time of my own, and then there’s that talk of a social life. Oh did I mention I live at home now, since I’ve transitioned into a “new life”? No? Well, I now live at home. With my sister (which is cool and who also migrated home after college) and my parents (which sometimes isn’t cool).

Do you have any stressors in your life? I feel as though I do a lot, being the overachiever that I am, but happening to be back at the home I grew up in is taking some major adjustments. Adjustments I’m not sure I’ll be able to… 100% stick with.

For example, making food/meals/dishes for myself and actually getting to eat them without ravenous family members finding their forks in my space is somewhat of a struggle. Or having leftovers to take to nourish me… only to find the empty container in the dishwasher the next morning.

These adjustments of living with more household people, living with my family again, and having an incredibly way-too-tiny fridge, is getting on my nerves.

Yes, I’ll admit, I‘m a bit of a control freak, in addition to being an overachiever, and I’m not the easiest person to live with- what with my wanting to keep the house clean and tidy and maintain a well stocked kitchen. I think at times I’m somewhat of what you may call a hard-ass. (<–I’m trying with my CrossFit moves! Get it…?)

I guess I’m just using today as my “Venting Thursday,” if you will. But sooner or later the venting must come out. And I know someone out there can sympathize. Right? You’re out there, aren’t you???

So, venting aside, and as promised, here’s a recipe to inspire and motivate you toward health and happiness. This is a wonderful vegan dish that is also gluten free and loaded with protein. It’s tofu but there are substitutions for those that wish to remove all soy from their diets.

Along with being a tasty dish, I had two different people try this thinking it was chicken salad. That means it’s good, right? They couldn’t guess it was tofu at all. 🙂

Short and sweet, enjoy your Thursday with sun, love, and maybe a good beer or delicious glass of wine. 😉

How do you conquer stress?

Can you relate to my situation????

Am I a total complainer?

Alisa Fleming October 14, 2011 at 8:52 AM

You need a mini-fridge for your bedroom and a little food cupboard in there too. Lock it! 🙂

Ela October 13, 2011 at 8:47 PM

Didn’t realize you’re living back with your folks. I don’t think I could possibly do that! So venting is understandable. But you’ve shown pics–seems like your folks live in a beautiful place with a lovely garden, and I’m sure there are other good things. Actually, sometimes it’s when the ambient level is really good that the annoyances get really annoying!

How I cope with stress I probably shouldn’t answer because it’s not always well-adapted. But I’m working on doing better things, like taking deep breaths, going for walks, holding my fluffy ‘security duster.’…

Natalie @ Cinnamon Bums October 13, 2011 at 6:59 PM

mmm love this recipe and i just pinned it!!

i deal with stress mainly by trying to remember to breathe, journaling, and stretching!

janet @ the taste space October 13, 2011 at 6:58 PM

I totally hear you on the pains of living back at home… I think, though, to survive, it is all about communication. Maybe you could teach your fam how to make your tasty dishes so they can treat you to a meal once in a while?

Lori October 13, 2011 at 8:16 PM

Now that is a great idea! My sister sometimes makes food and my mom… attempts. But for the most part we’re all so busy, I’m the foodie so the task becomes mine. haha!

Pure2raw twins October 13, 2011 at 4:40 PM

oh girl, I remember living at home. and can totally relate to what you are going through. as much as i love my family, living with them (now that I am older) is rough. we are the same, yet different in things.

HUGS

Katie October 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM

I read that recipe and before getting to your tips, I thought, this would be great with tuna. Which I happen to have in my fridge. Half a can with no plan. (Nice poetry eh?)

Vent away, my firend. I can’t imagine living with a single other person let alone my family. The chaos and bickering at holidays when we are all in the same house are enough for the whole year. Sometimes, too much.

Secret Admirer October 13, 2011 at 10:34 AM

I think one of those people that you tricked into eating this delicious meal was me! Please send some ASAP. Have a wonderful Thursday!

lindsay October 13, 2011 at 9:55 AM

we need these venting thursdays, trust me. I think I did that tuesday (just not on the blog, haha). You are going through A LOT of change and its hard to adjust. I totally get it. Focus on the transition, because thats what it is, a transition. A good one too!