Cinnamony Blueberry Gingerbread Smoothie

November 22, 2011

Now, I don’t know if gingerbread is a Thanksgiving flavor, a Christmas flavor, a Starbucks sugary syrup (sugary but wow it’s good), or just an obsession of mine, but I’m going with the gingerbread flavoring as long as I can.

Don’t let the ingredients in this smoothie intimidate you, this smoothie is easy. It’s really just a basic smoothie of greens, liquid, fruit, and spices. Oh, and some fun superfoods that I just can’t live without.

Superfoods I’m talking about are staples in my diet. Maca powder helps deliver pure energy, adrenal support, and a hormone helper. Raw honey is a wonderful alkaline-forming food. Raw honey is also anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal, an energizing foods, and helps aid in digestion. The homemade Gingerbread spice includes cinnamon and ginger, both of which I believe are superfoods.

Cinnamon regulates and keep blood sugar level, been known to lower LDL cholesterol, has an anti-clotting effect on blood, and may even help with arthritis pain. Some even say just smelling cinnamon boost cognitive function and memory. Ginger is super anti-inflammatory, a natural painkiller, maybe help with reducing cancers including ovarian and colon cancer, and may prevent winter-time colds and the flu.

This is why I love food. Food can cure, or at least help, so many health problems. Not only nourishing, foods are healing.

…and SO good.

What foods do you use because they are super? Or just delicious?!

MJ March 2, 2012 at 5:46 PM

thanks:)

MJ March 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM

This sounds wonderful! I really HATE coconut, so I was wondering what I could add instead of that? Do I actually need something that adds texture?
Thanks, I really love your recipes:)

Lori March 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Really, you could add anything you wanted to this. The key would really be just the spices. 🙂

Alisa November 22, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Hmm, I do like cinnamon and ginger in my blueberry smoothies, so this does look like a good match!

My superfoods aren’t as fancy as yours. I go for bananas, nuts, and spices 🙂 Still not liking the coconut water!

Christin@purplebirdblog November 22, 2011 at 8:18 AM

Maca makes me so happy! And I can’t live without my greens powder, cacao nibs, and honey! I’m finally getting your PB in the mail today too, sorry it took so long! 🙂

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 22, 2011 at 6:28 AM

I use protein powder, spinach, maca, and cinnamon in every smoothies I make. It tastes good and I love the healing properties.

Yesterday I ground my own cinnamon from sticks. It’s amazing how much more fresh it tastes!

Pure2raw twins November 22, 2011 at 5:48 AM

oh yum love the idea of cinnamon blueberry plus ginger together in a smoothie.