Raw and Warming Carrot Coconut Curry Soup

November 14, 2011

As the weather gets a bit colder I always crave more heartier, more warming dishes for comfort. A lot of times the very things I crave in the winter are the very hearty things that aren’t necessarily healthy or can even lead to weight gain.

For that reason alone I’m always on the lookout for recipes that are filling and healthy and promise great nutrition. And when I recently took a raw food demo class at a local Whole Foods, I knew I had to start incorporating more and more raw food dishes into my life again. (Oh how easy it is to veer off track.)

Most of the time, eating raw foods, or healthier foods, is far easier in the summer or spring because of the abundance of fresh fruits and veggies and because it’s hot. Cooling, fresh food is the majority of what we crave. One battle of a raw food based diet is keeping that plant base in the colder months.

Enter Raw Carrot Coconut Curry Soup

Wintertime marks hot foods, warm foods, comfort foods. Let this soup recipe be your warm, comforting food. Let the flavors of this soup pop in your mouth. Because this soup is amazing. With so much flavor, you can taste on each part of your tongue. Mmmmm, mmmmm…..

What do you crave in the winter?

What foods give you comfort?

juicer recipes diabetes September 22, 2014 at 9:39 AM

Do you mind if I quote a few of ykur posts as long as I provide credit and sources back to your blog?
My blog site is in the exact same niche as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
Please let me know if this okay with you. Thank you!

Sara January 22, 2013 at 9:00 AM

I am cold just looking at that soup. Can’t wait to try it – in the summer

Erin November 21, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I believe my ninja is just as good as a vitamix, but I’ve never used a vitamix. I use it to make smoothies and soups all the time.

Lori December 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hmmm… never heard of a ninja but any good blender works! And good blenders are amazing… and so great!

Christin@purplebirdblog November 16, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I neeeeeed a vitamix so I can make raw soups!!! 😀

Pure2raw twins November 15, 2011 at 6:57 PM

love this recipe! i would have never thought to put coconut meat in soup. brilliant.

soup is on my must make this winter

Ela November 14, 2011 at 3:06 PM

Sounds like a yummy one. I don’t personally think winter is necessarily the best time to eat ‘more and more’ raw food–some cooked food can be good when it’s super-cold. But definitely fermented foods. That soup would be awesome with a garnish of kim chee…

andrea devon November 14, 2011 at 12:12 PM

this looks so great! i love the idea of coconut, carrot, and curry to maintain the warm fuzzies throughout the cold weather. and I love the site re-do… looks fantastic pretty lady! aloha!

Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table November 14, 2011 at 8:49 AM

Great recipe! Young coconut is the best. I too struggle in the winter to get adequate amounts of raw veggies. It’s so cold I just want plate after plate of spaghetti!

Todd November 14, 2011 at 8:45 AM

MMMmmmmm looks easy and delicious. One question though: what’s a ‘young’ coconut? 😉