Raw Sugar Plum Fairies

December 22, 2011

Only a few days left until Christmas! Are you ready? Have you done all your shopping?

Me either.

I’m actually stressing out a bit. I feel like there’s so much to do before Christmas and the New Year and such… 2011 flew by in a complete blur! Where did the year go, anyway?

Short post today as this recipe needs no real words. Plus, most of you probably don’t even read what I write, you just look at the pictures.

I don’t blame you. The pictures really are yummy, aren’t they?

Anyway, here’s a raw, vegan, and Paleo recipe that’s fun, festive, and kinda like a healthy fruit cake… only these little balls taste good.

The name is inspired by the holidays and of course, the Nutcracker, with those cute little sugar plum fairies running around. Really, I don’t know why I named them sugar plum fairies, but it sounded good to me.

And they do contain dried plums. Sprinkle with a little fairy dust and you’ve got yourself a sugar plum fairy.

Make these as a tasty alternative to most holiday snacks and desserts. This recipe contains only raw, unprocessed ingredients, which makes for a healthy treat any time of the year. Not to mention, they’re quick and easy, no stress here.

Is your holiday season stress-filled or super relaxed?

What is your 2 favorite parts of the holidays?

yo yo mama December 23, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Sugar Plum Fairies! What an cute name for something that I know is delicous. Yum yum. make them for your family next week!

Alisa December 23, 2011 at 10:38 AM

Prunes! Yummy 🙂

You know, even when my holidays are relaxed, I feel all of the stress around me. So in theory, this is a relaxing time for us, but I still feel a bit stressed and anxious. That said, all presents were done, wrapped (and many shipped out) weeks ago! So I’m feeling prepared.

Happy holidays Lori!!

Ela December 22, 2011 at 9:03 PM

Wow, yummy, and no electric tools so super-Paleo! Coriander–what an interesting ingredient.

And I don’t look at the pictures as much as the words myself!
I’m pretty much mostly on top of my holidays prep list, but I have a zillion other things I’m not on top of!

Christin@purplebirdblog December 22, 2011 at 3:06 PM

My holiday season is surprisingly relaxed this year, but I think it’s more just in comparison to the fact that I was in school last year around this time, so by contrast things are eaaaaasy breezy! 😉 I’m just chomping at the bit for Christmas so Alex can open his badass gifts I got him!!!

Pure2raw twins December 22, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Gary and I still have some shopping to do tomorrow, since he has the day off from work we are making a little day out of it, we shall see how that goes haha
oh the joys of Christmas shopping 😉
and I will take some of those sugar plum fairies right now!!!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan December 22, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I read what you write! 🙂
I hate the stress of Xmas. I’m not doing presents this year, at least…that takes a load off my shoulders.

These look excellent; toss a few my way! Prunes are so underrated.

teabagginit December 22, 2011 at 10:43 AM

alright, i’m intrigued and i have all the ingredients. i’m definitely making this one & i’ll post my pics when it’s done!

Todd December 22, 2011 at 9:00 AM

It didn’t feel like Christmas until I read this blog! Ha… yes, I read your blog. Those sugar plums look delicious, love holiday foods and all the goodies that come with them! Thanks for sharing, and have a merry christmas!

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes December 22, 2011 at 7:22 AM

Yum! Interesting there is coriander in there. I just this year discovered prunes. I don’t know I’d been living without them!