Paleo Banana Coffee Cake Muffins

February 24, 2012

I hope you enjoyed a great guest post by Trainer Kim. If you missed it, check it out. And while you’re at it, check out my guest post on her site: Click Here!

I’ve been SO busy lately, it’s starting to get a bit ridiculous. Said busyness (at work, exercising, actually eating and taking a breather) can hinder time to do extra-curriculars, such as work on my baby (aka: this blog), so you’ll notice that I’ve been posting only a few times a week. In the light of things, posting every day is hard and takes a LOT of time and food… 😉

But in that light, it gives you a chance to reflect (and read) on other past What Runs Lori posts. There are SO many recipes if you sift through the inner workings of WRL. If you like, click on some of the tabs below to view related content, such as cookies, or chocolate, or raw food.

alaska bananas breakfast brownie business chocolate cookies crossfit cupcakes Dessert dinner dressing Exercise food garden green smoothie hummus ice cream inspire kabocha muffins oatmeal paleo Paleo Diet pesto product review pumpkin quinoa R+F raw food Recipe run running salad salmon smoothie squash tahini TNT travel vegan veggies weekend wine workout

There’s plenty of variety in there. Trust me. Also, please note, that I’m working on creating my Recipage as I type. This will help sort recipes. When I finish the incredibly tedious work of inputting all of my recipes, you’ll be able to sort by ANYTHING: Cuisine type, ingredients, cooking method, dietary requirements, courses, even dessert type. 🙂

It’s a pretty cool thing. I’ll give a big shout-out and post when the page is complete.

For now, sit back, relax, and get some coffee ready, as this recipe will require copious amounts of coffee for the cake and for the mug.

What do you make special for weekends? Do you make anything special?

Caffeinated or Decaf? Which do you drink? If not coffee, what’s your morning drink of choice?

Muffin or cake?

Blue or Yellow? (gotta have some randomness, right?)

Lindy March 22, 2013 at 12:52 PM

NOTE: I just made these. These take much longer than 25 minutes. I followed the recipe exactly and they were still super soft after 25 minutes. They needed about 40 minutes to start to firm up. They were still a bit soft even after 40 minutes. They could have used another 5-10 min but they would get too brown on top. Any ideas Lori? Is there an ingredient/step missing? I’m stumped. They smell delicious though!

Ulrich March 9, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Asking questions are genuinely fastidious thing if you are not understanding anything entirely, however this article gives
fastidious understanding yet.

Ashley June 21, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Mine were super soft after 25 minutes… I made a double batch and the other thing I did was I didnt use coffee, just hot water. Do you know why they were so soft?

Allison August 30, 2013 at 6:41 PM

Mine were very soft too. They fell apart completely! Are we the only two who had this problem?! I used coffee (one cup of half-caff).

steph February 26, 2012 at 6:48 PM

Yum! Hey being busy is living life! Thanks for still posting – your blog is one of my favs!!

Pure2raw twins February 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Caffeinated for sure! and those coffee cake muffins look perfect! and all your recipes are amazing 🙂 YUM!!!

Alisa February 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

Oh wow, no eggs too! You are so talented.

Tea! I’d definitely skip the coffee 🙂

CJ February 25, 2012 at 2:15 PM

Ooooh! Can’t wait for your Recipage! Thanks for all the hard work you put into it.

Lori February 26, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Oh THANK YOU. It honestly is a lot of work, but totally worth it. 🙂

LizAshlee February 25, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Yum, I am in a muffin phase right now..banana coconut muffins and I recently used cacao powder so now I have a chocolate version..this will be a great spin on them..can’t wait to try..thanks for sharing! Happy Weekend!

teabagginit February 24, 2012 at 9:38 PM

i love all things coffee! i drink decaf after 12 so that i’ll actually be able to go to sleep but i just love the taste of black coffee, straight up!

Lori February 26, 2012 at 8:54 AM

You’re handcore. I love my coffee with a little coconut or soy creamer. It’s my unhealthy vise. I definitely drink half-caff always! I’d never drink and be running around on a coffee high. lol

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan February 24, 2012 at 2:04 PM

I need to do that Recipage thing…ugh…

Just read your guest post – umm, I might need to try some of that banana bread beer next week…! I’m not supposed to have gluten right now though…what to do?!

I <3 coffee! Hempmilk makes the best coffee "creamer," btw.

StoriesAndSweetPotatoes February 24, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Yum, yum, yum. I really need to bake something with coffee one of these days.
Definitely caffeinated otherwise what is the point of drinking it…or living?