Popcorn Cauliflower

February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Today’s post oozes with love… because nothing says Be My Valentine like curry spiked cheesy cauliflower.

Right…?

And if that doesn’t get you in the mood to make this, nothing will. πŸ˜‰

What if I told you the cauliflower was alongside the most wonderful beef burger ever created? And covered in fresh shallots?

You’re still not buying it, are you?

Whatever. Happy Valentine’s Day, anyway…

And for reals-yo, MAKE THIS.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!

As sexy as it is, I’ve been averaging about 2 whole cauliflowers a week, all to my self. Sorry for whomever my valentine is sharing a house with me. πŸ™‚

(No shame…)

As for the delicious looking, juicy and loaded burger above, I don’t have a measured recipe. But I do have a list of what I mixed into the meat.

• 1 pound ground beef
  • shallots, finely chopped
  • fresh dill, chopped
  • salt
  • pepper
  • paprika
  • garlic powder
  • coriander
  • soy sauce
  • Worcestershire sauce

Mix all ingredients together and form into patties. Cook on hot griddle until crisp on the outside, juicy and semi-rare on the inside.

Smother with Dijon mustard and plate with salad and Popcorn Cauliflower.

For your own variety burger, simply add in some flavor-enhancing ingredients such as salt, soy sauce, miso paste, Bragg’s Liquid Aminos, etc., lots of spices (chili powder, curry, paprika, garlic powder, cumin), fresh veggies and herbs (onions, parsley, dill, cilantro, etc.), and mix well!

Then die happy. And stuffed.

πŸ™‚

Elissa March 13, 2012 at 3:20 PM

didn’t have nutritional yeast (apparently that’s different from usual yeast) so i put some leftover mexican cheese on top. Super delish! Also dipped them hot in some coconut milk/mustard mix. To die for delish! Thanks so much for the recipe lo!

Alisa February 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM

MMM, popcorn cauliflower is one of my favorite foods! I eat it every week πŸ™‚

Kim February 15, 2012 at 9:29 AM

I’m going to buy cauliflower today and make this tonight. I am quite honestly a little giddy about it! Thanks Lori!!

LizAshlee February 15, 2012 at 5:45 AM

I don’t cauliflower often but I am always up for trying new recipes..thanks for this idea!

Laura, RD @ Against The Grain February 14, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I want that cauliflower! Oh! I made your paleo cookies/brownies and shared them on my blog today if you wanna see them! πŸ™‚ Happy Valentines Day!

Pure2raw twins February 14, 2012 at 2:56 PM

Love cauliflower!!! this looks great

Katie February 14, 2012 at 12:46 PM

I can’t get enough cauliflower lately either! Is there something addictive in there, or what? I was on a broccoli kick for a while, and I’m back to cauliflower. I’m into it mashed these days too.

This sentence: It’s sultry, sexy, colorful,warm, and ready to take over your mouth in naughty, naughty ways… Best description of food ever.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan February 14, 2012 at 10:09 AM

CAULIFLOWER! Woohoo! So glad you “adopted” my recipe and made it your own πŸ™‚ I always forget to add nutr. yeast to mine, damnit!
Cauli totally = love to me. πŸ˜‰ I’m currently limiting myself to 1 head every other day, and it’s TOUGH!

Lori February 14, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Um, yes. I’ve been quite addicted!