May
2012

Paleo Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies

33 comments

Before we start a lovely Wednesday with Paleo Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies (yum, yum, yum, yum!), I have to remind you about the Reboot[izer] Your Body Contest. Today we are talking about ingredient #2 in Rebootizer‘s oxidative support formula.

Acerola: A fun little cherry that goes by many names, including Barbados cherry, West Indian cherry, and wild crepemyrtle (fun- my favorite name!).

The Acerola is known for being extremely rich in vitamin C, the highest vitamin C content measured in any fruit. It also contains vitamins A, B1, B2 and B3 and house carotenoids and bioflavonoids, which provide very important nutritive value and have antioxidant uses. This vitamin C produced by the fruit is better absorbed by our cells than synthetic ascorbic acid.

Thus, making this a powerful ingredient for the Rebootizer formula!

Go enter RIGHT NOW for your chance to win a pack of Rebootizer to try!

Now to breakfast!

Apples make for a great breakfast. Apples to Apples makes for a delightful game. ;)

There is no particular reason that the game is included in the picture but it was a fun addition to throw in the mix… but not literally the cookie mix…

So, these cookies are delicious, they’re Paleo, they are loaded with healthy fat goodness! Gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free, and vegan- what more could you want from breakfast??

Let’s take a look at the healthy breakfast ingredient list:

• 1 bannananananna
  • 2 spoons from the table from the butter of almond
  • 2 spoons from tea of vanilla crushed
  • 1/3 cup shredded apple
  • pinch of dried sea water
  • 1/2 spoon from the tea of cinnamon
  • 1/4 spoon from the tea of ginger powder
  • 1/3 cup flour from the coconut
  • 1 spoon from the tea soda of the baking variety
  • 2 spoons from the tea of apple cider vinegar

Hehe- ok, ok, here’s the real recipe!

Go enter the Rebootizer Contest! You have 6 more days…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Trisha May 2, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Sounds yummy!! How many cookies does this yield? I probably could just make one giant one!!! :)

Ela May 2, 2012 at 11:41 AM

Yum, and you are so goofy and happy-sounding today!
I’m thinking applesauce would work in place of banannananas, since I can’t eat those right now, but those granny smith apples look so good to me, and I may have to make the cookies too!
I want some of that rebootizer!
Ela´s last blog post ..HAWMC Reflections–and What’s Next?

Trisha May 2, 2012 at 1:47 PM

Holy yum!! Just had one warm from the oven. I used applesauce as well.. They came out w a cake-y texture in cookie size. Flavor is outstanding. I forgot the apple cider vin. Now I’m wishing I made one big cookie! Lol. I’m so so full from baking / cooking all day but I just want to keep eating them! I also made your paleo blackberry bars today! Omg I’m getting my coconut fiber fill!! :) I was done until I received the post for the cookies. Lol. NOW I’m done. Cleaning time. Thank you!

Lauren @ WWoB May 2, 2012 at 5:56 PM

bahahah youre sucha goof!
Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog post ..Grain free faux-meal, topped with toasted coconut-macadamia nut butter

Chuck May 2, 2012 at 10:15 PM

I don’t think I would eat these for breakfast (ok, yes I would lol) but they look like an Delicious anytime snack! Topped with a little more spoon of the table of buttered almonds, right? ; )
Chuck´s last blog post ..Running in Place

Stef May 3, 2012 at 3:53 AM

They look SO TASTY! Definitely a good option for breakfast on the go, will try them out :)
Stef´s last blog post ..Cook: Ingredient of the Week – Zucchini

Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers May 3, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Lol I was happy to see you post the recipe the second way–as I was reading the first (bananananananana) I could totally see myself messing something up! ;)
Justine@LifeWithCheeseburgers´s last blog post ..What I Ate Wednesday #1

Lori May 3, 2012 at 7:14 PM

haha- I would totally mess up my own recipe… lol

I’d be interested to see what you came up with though!

teabagginit May 3, 2012 at 11:24 AM

these remind me of the ‘apples & bananas’ song from childhood! … except tastier! :)

Shannon May 8, 2012 at 3:00 PM

Could I substitute the coconut flour for another type of flour? like Almond or rice flour? If so, how much do you think I would need?

Lori May 10, 2012 at 5:04 PM

I’m not sure how much flour you would need but I do know that it will be more than the coconut flour. I would mix everything together using your flour of choice- then slowly add in more flour, as needed for a thicket consistency.

Coconut flour is tricky, as it soaks up a lot of liquid in recipes. So definitely use either more flour or less liquid.

Sorry I don’t have the most exact answer for you..

Melissa July 14, 2012 at 6:15 AM

I can’t see apple cider vinegar in the ’2nd’ recipe, hence I didn’t use it.

Unless I just can’t see it there!

Stef August 3, 2012 at 6:43 AM

I printed out only the second recipe which led me to also miss the apple cider vinegar! I could tell from the taste there was something missing.

I think next time I might add some flaked coconut as well!!

Jamie August 14, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I too looked at the second recipe and missed the ACV. The baking soda flavor was terrible. I’ll have to try again adding the ACV, which I had already thought of adding on my own until I came to check the comments :)

Kami September 22, 2012 at 4:53 PM

The funny part is that I understood the first version of the recipe. Glad I found your site. Can’t wait to try it.

Sami November 10, 2012 at 2:37 PM

In the first “apples to apples” ingredient list, it includes 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar. In the 2nd ingredient list, it uses almond milk. Just wondering which to use? or both?? Excited to try this recipe!

Jody May 25, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Thanks for the recipe! Like others though, I missed the apple cider vinegar. I did add a dash of almond milk after the coconut flour as the mixture was a bit dry. I actually didn’t read the whole article as I got up and made them in a rush as my kids were hungry for breakfast- they took a good 30 minutes in the oven and tasted very much like soda.
Once they were in the oven I had time to sit down and read properly, which is when I realised my mistake!
I will try them again with the vinegar, but can I suggest an edit so that those that skip straight to the recipe don’t make the same mistake I did?

yasmin August 4, 2013 at 8:02 PM

WOW~!!!! I’ve been waiting a week to make these…AMAZING
I ended up using a whole green apple (sans seeds). Then I doubled the cinnamon and ginger. I used half a cup of coconut flour, maybe 1/4 cup almond flour as well… I added 2 packets of stevia along w the 2 tablespoons of honey. These turned out the most amazing cookies I’ve ever tasted in my life….. Sorry about all the changes, I have such a hard time not changing recipes to suit my taste buds. OMG SO AMAZING< my husband and kids ate them all bushy tailed and wide eyes!LOL

Lori August 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Fantastic!! I’m so glad you enjoyed them!!

Barb August 8, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Does it change anything to sub coconut oil for any almond ingredient- nut allergy?

Lori August 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM

If you’re referring to the almond butter, coconut oil might be a tad different… you could use more banana, sunflower seed butter (if you can handle seeds), or maybe even greek yogurt or cooked butternut squash.. you really just need something that binds everything and makes the batter stick together better.

Hope that helps!

Shaina September 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I just made these, but also added a tablespoon and a half of flax meal and a handful of raisins. They are SO good, without adding any sugar/sweetener! They are soft too, so they are a good option for my 12 month old little guy. Thanks!

Lori October 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Ah how perfect! I’m so happy that you got to share them with your little guy! How adorable and perfect. ;)

supplement to increase muscle mass November 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked on the
-Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is
added I get four emails with the same comment.
There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that service?
Appreciate it!
supplement to increase muscle mass´s last blog post ..supplement to increase muscle mass

paleolithic diet recipes November 19, 2013 at 11:51 PM

We all often hear about equipment machines and their training.
Which is the reason why it is wise to generate a free diet plans weight loss chart of different foods and different options for nutrients,
you could eat through the day and list them out by meals.
These changes ought to be life long change in lifestyle in order to improve your health benefits.
Here are the most effective foods to reduce weight so that
you get remove every one of the calories effectively inside the quickest possible way.
When an individual is unable to take control of theireating,
fortunately they are likely to get rid of controlwith other
aspects of their life also.
paleolithic diet recipes´s last blog post ..paleolithic diet recipes

Darby January 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM

You actually constructed a handful of good items in your article, “Paleo
Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Cookies | What Runs Lori”. I am going to wind up