May
2012

Paleo Chocolate Chip Fatties

22 comments

I made these on a whim. Because I was craving cookies.

Is there ever a time when I don’t crave cookies?

So… I made cookies. And giant cookies they were.

These not so skinny little mounds were inspired by a recipe from Multiply Delicious blog for Paleo Banana Chocolate Chip Cakies, and as delicious they looked, my Fatties definitely tasted. Since these were so darn big, I had to give them a name worthy of their magnitude.

Loaded with lusciously, healthy fats and basking the golden sun of the oven prongs, these chocolate-scattered cookies are keepers. Well, the recipe is.

Since this recipe makes some pretty wholesome and filling, not to mention large and in charge, cookies, the name given at birth was…

Paleo Chocolate Chip Fatties.

Sounds pretty darn good doesn’t it? They just scream ‘Make, Eat, Repeat!’

Now go have a lovely, wonderful, sunny day and don’t forget there’s a Facebook ONLY giveaway going on right now on What Runs Lori- trust me, you’ll want to win this…

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Kristi @ Sweetly Fit May 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I can only imagine how good these taste with some of my very favorite ingredients. Banana, avocado, coconut flour. You can’t go wrong! Thanks for the recipe!
Kristi @ Sweetly Fit´s last blog post ..Almost There

teabagginit May 13, 2012 at 10:23 AM

wow, these look great! i know i can count on you for healthy, delicious recipes!
teabagginit´s last blog post ..Doggy doo and Green Poo

Lori May 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Well thank you!

Anne@MyZenPulse May 13, 2012 at 1:30 PM

YUM!!! I haven’t had chocolate or bananas in 10 days thanks to this lovely little cleanse/sugar reset. I can’t wait to make these!!

Ela May 13, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yummy-looking! There’s almost a reddish tinge to them, as if there’s goji berries in there?
Enjoy your day…

Lori May 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Thanks! Goji berries would be fun, too!

Trisha May 13, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Omg!! These sound so good!! Move over blackberry Bars.. !! HELLLO fatties! Mmm. Can’t wait to make these tomorrow! :)

Lori May 13, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Woo hoo! Hope you like them. I think I just like the name. :)

Oh and the cookies. Those are good too. ;)

Katie May 13, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Love the name. :D
Katie´s last blog post ..Coffee and Cookies, in one.

Anna May 14, 2012 at 7:29 AM

These look awesome…pinning the recipe for when I eat paleo in a few weeks for my month long ‘diet’ adventures!

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com May 15, 2012 at 1:00 PM

these look awesome..i love the name too haha
amy@healthyhungryhappy.com´s last blog post ..Clean Banana Pancakes

Lesley May 20, 2012 at 2:56 PM

I made these but with flax meal instead of coconut flour. Turned out pretty good! Mine must have been more liquid-y but still delicious! I’m craving them again already.

Salah (BEAT) May 29, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I have to make these!!!! They look sooo amazing!!!!
Salah (BEAT)´s last blog post ..Where’s Your Head At

חנות ספורט July 16, 2012 at 12:49 AM

Kelly August 22, 2012 at 3:11 PM

These are amazing! I doubled the recipe, replaced some of the coconut flour with arrowroot starch (for elasticity) and added two Tbsp of cocoa powder (because I can never get enough chocolate) — wowee!!! Fifty percent cookie, fifty percent cake-y, and one hundred percent wholesome and delicious. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Gemma April 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Lori, well done on this recipe. Yum! I made them the other night and ate half the batch in one go! So yes, these are dangerous. Lucky they are ‘clean’.
I added 4 pkts of stevia, 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder, 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder and 1/4 cup peanuts. Oh. My. Gosh!
I’m too scared to make them again because I can’t control myself haha.

Lori April 26, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Woo! So happy to hear you liked them! I know I do! :)

Daisy October 1, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Any idea how much avacado is in your recipe? 1 avacado is kinda vague since they vary considerably in size :)

Lori October 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

I believe I used about 1/2 a cup of avocado. I think you could get away with a tad more or less. It’s really just used as a binder, a bit of flavor, and some fun green color!

Felicia March 8, 2014 at 11:34 PM

These will be my last baking “treat” venture until after my marathon relay on the 23rd. They look and sound so delicious!