For years now I’ve been consuming my fill of green, leafy veggies in the form of a smoothie. Creating green potions are my specialty and with all of the crazy Superfoods in my cupboard, you’d like I would have some SUPERpowers by now. Alas, no superpowers but I can make a mean smoothie. 😉
Since starting on my Bikini Competition training, I’ve had to cut out protein powders, super-powders, and smoothie altogether. My coach wants me to consume only whole foods for a while so I’m ok with trying it out. But… I do miss my blended, icy, oh-so-green shakes.
I missed them so much I decided to create a different shake. A shake that included only those things that I can eat, just in blended form. Why not?! Who needs protein powder when you can have egg whites? 😉
Let’s see what made the cut (hehe, get it?):
Raw Cacao Powder (totally snuck this one in…)
And VERY special ingredient, Wild Orange Essential Oil (Mmmmmm!)
No joke, this is a powerhouse of a meal. Full of vitamins and minerals and protein. Bursting with vibrant flavor. Frosty and delicious. AND has special powers, even without all the special Superfoods.
So what makes this smoothie so great, anyway?
The Wild Orange Essential Oil is my new secret weapon. Wild Orange essential oil is the oil of Abundance. It also supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system- hello fat loss!
Other incredible benefits of Wild Orange Essential Oil:
- Excellent for disinfecting and killing fungus and pathogens
- Effective against colds and flu, and is highly recommended for use during the onset of sickness
- Energizing, uplifting and sedative due to instilling feelings of peace
- Powerful to use in the treatment of anorexia
- Can be effective anti-cancer agent due to Wild Orange’s main constituent, limonene, which has powerful anti-cancer activity
- Supports the elimination toxins from the body, while stimulating the lymphatic system
This is definitely worth a whole other post but all essential oils work with the body’s emotions (real chemical reactions) but Wild Orange addresses a wider variety of emotional issues than any other essential oil. It inspires abundance, fosters creativity, supports a positive mood, restores physical energy, and aids in transitions. Wild Orange also reconnects individuals with their inner child and brings spontaneity, fun, joy and play into one’s life.
Anyway, let’s get to the recipe!
Chocolate & Wild Orange Green Smoothie
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3-4 egg whites OR 2 whole raw pasture-raised eggs (make sure you’re getting these from a trusted source)
- 1 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 drops Wild Orange Essential Oil, optional but incredible tasting
- drop or two or liquid Stevia or sweetener, optional
Blend all ingredients together with your favorite blender (#Blendtec!), adjusting the ice and almond milk, as needed for desired consistency.
Here are the stats, compliments of My Fitness Pal, the best place to track your food!