week 10

Happy December, folks! Time is flying, the holidays are fast approaching, and it seems like everywhere we turn there’s more and more to do. Sound familiar?

I’m happy to announce that I reached my goal of my 12-week bikini competition training challenge. I completed 12 FULL weeks (and then some!) of regimented dieting for competition, training for competition and completely changing my body! In the process I learned a TREMENDOUS amount. Completely invaluable information about health, fitness, pushing my body and mind, and really, truly reaching a goal.

The process has been incredible and I’m here to share some of my key take-aways from the journey, along with some fun, useful, and 100% results-oriented tips (soon!). Just for you;)

NOTE: I’ll be getting more photos on progress up, as this journey will never truly be done. This post only includes photos on progress up to 10 weeks. I’m now in week 12!

10 Week Bikini Competition Transformation

2013-12-11

I never really realized how much inflammation I had. My body was puffy, swollen, retaining water, and unhappy- and once I changed my diet, I dropped weight FAST, inflammation went down, and water retention was a thing of the past.

Posts to read:

After 10 days of the program I had lost 10 pounds. Yes, some was water and but some was fat. After 2 months, I was down 14 pounds and a LOT of body fat melted away.

week4.5

Progress Week 4.5

Week 1 Body Fat (September 9th, 2013): 22-21% appox.

Week 8.5 Body Fat (November 6th, 2013): 13%

I was stunned to get back the Hydrostatic (dunk test) body fat test. This is one of the most accurate tests out there for body fat. In just 8 weeks I had dropped 9% body fat. That is a drastic change and is the key to weight loss. (Side note: The scale should probably not be your #1 indicator on weight loss- always look for body fat loss.) I haven’t taken the body fat test again, being that it’s now at week 12.5 but I’m pretty sure it’s the same or slightly lower. I’m pretty lean. :)

week6

Progress Week 6

Through eating lots of healthy food and doing the correct exercises, getting plenty of sleep and water, and finally, supplementing smart (through essential oils! More on this later!) I was able to completely overhaul my body.

To me, this journey has been almost like magic. I woke up and it was done. Although it did take a lot of hard work, days where I was simply miserable with my meals, some boring food, and really, just not wanting to go back into the gym, the overall process was SIMPLE. Not to be confused with EASY…

To gain results, 100% PURE results, it takes consistency, discipline, motivation. The process is SIMPLE but not EASY. It takes work to get from point A to point B (especially over a short time span) but the actual process, steps involved, are simple and proven.

week8

Progress Week 8

I’ve had tremendous support in my journey and I really think that is what separated success from failure. Without the encouragement of my family, friends, trainers, and everyone on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and this blog, I’m not sure I would have been able to stick to my diet and exercise fully.

I did get cheat meals, which helped and kept my sanity, but for 95% of the time, I ate squeaky, sparkling clean. Those few “cheat” meals/re-fueling meals were a life saver. I can’t lie about that. Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream never tasted SO (freakin’) good.

More photos are coming AND the update on the actual contest that hasn’t taken place yet.

What are your thoughts?

What goal have you had that you completely crushed, blew-out-of-the-water completed? Did you find that outside help made a difference? Tell me your experiences! We can only learn more from others!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Patrick December 11, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Wow, great work Lori! This is amazing and you definitely need to share some of your learning experiences for what some of us can do and eat that will help transition us positively but without the need for a competition.

Heather @ Better With Veggies December 11, 2013 at 2:34 PM

AMAZING transformation – I’m so impressed!! I agree with you – it wasn’t nearly as tricky as I expected it to be for my competition prep. When is your competition?

Amy December 11, 2013 at 8:35 PM

You look amazing! Congrats….I’m sure it takes incredible discipline (not easy). Awesome job!

Lori January 23, 2014 at 7:05 PM

Thank you!

Autumn R. December 12, 2013 at 8:48 AM

Any tips on how you avoided injury during this intense training? The 2 a days steady state cardio – did you do that mostly on treadmill? Great job!

Lori January 23, 2014 at 7:10 PM

I did my cardio on the stairmill then finished each session with 10 min on high incline treadmill- I never ran though.

Tips on injury prevention… REST and RECOVER! I actually have a tendency to NOT get injured (knock on wood!!) but rest is SO so so important. Just taking care of yourself, body, and listening to your body (and honoring it) will help to keep you in action and feeling good.

Also, keep up nutrition by eating enough food. :)

Terry Moran December 12, 2013 at 11:54 AM

Thanks for sharing your photos and congratulations. You’re inspiring me to get focused on reducing BMI.
It looks like this was an 8 week effort and I believe I can:
cut out alcohol / wine
eliminate suger and processed foods (breads, etc)
eat smaller portions, and increase intake of veggies

I think I need the support to make this happen and some options for meals

Lori January 7, 2014 at 7:07 PM

Hi Terry,

GREAT list of things that you can work on!!

Alcohol is the biggest factor in weight gain or weight loss, from my experience… it adds so many extra calories.. yummy calories, but calories.

GOOD luck and please report back on how things are going!!

Krystle December 12, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Wow. This is absolutely amazing. Great, great, great work! It really looked like it paid off. How are you feeling mentally? This is extremely inspiring. Thank you for posting about your progress. I will be following your tips and am determined on a bikini competition transformation ASAP now that finals are over and I’ll be living stress free for about 4 weeks!

Alisa December 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Wow Lori, this is amazing!!! I echo Heather on this. I’m so impressed and inspired. Now, how to get our diet clean with a cupcake and mac ‘n cheese teen in the house!
Alisa´s last blog post ..Wild Blueberry Gingerbread

Lori January 7, 2014 at 6:58 PM

You definitely have a much harder time with tempting treats like cupcakes!! I’d honestly have probably caved if that was the case!

Ali December 15, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Super curious how the “oils” helped?? What oils & how much?

Janet January 15, 2014 at 3:20 PM

U never mention your workout routine??

Bikini On EBay March 4, 2014 at 4:40 AM

I am going to immediately grab the feed when i can not to find the e-mail monthly subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter assistance. Perform you could have every? Please permit us find out to ensure I really could signed up. Cheers.