The thing I love most about working out is the fact that it gets all of my aggressions, stress, anger, thoughts out of my head. Their like a cleanse- after my bout of sweaty muscle-crunchers, I’m left feeling light and energetic and happy.
Especially when my workout contains PUNCHES. Because don’t we all wish we could punch our way through life sometimes…?
Ok, is that just me?
Either way, I highly suggest you try this workout.
(Because this is a kick-ass…. or should I say ARM… workout that will leave you toned, strong, slightly sore, hopefully, and ready for your next “fight”)
‘End of Aggression’ PUNCH Workout
Go through each move/circuit twice before going on to the next one. Each exercise is done for ONE minute, resting when needed. You know your body and when to push and when to back off- honor that.
Any weighted moves can be done with or without a weight, I did mine with 8-5 pound dumbbells (DB), depending on the exercise and how I was feeling.
DB = weighted move with dumbbells
- Speed jump rope
- Right, left jab cross punches (DB)
- Squat kick (squat down, come up and kick with R foot, repeat squat and L foot kick)
- In & out bicep curls (regular curl followed by curl with arms at 45 degree angle to body- in then out curls) (DB)
- Plank punches (hold plank post, alternating arms/punching air)
- Speed punches (DB)
- Squat jumps (squat down and jump up, repeat.)
- Decline push-up or regular push-up
- Step-ups (30 sec each leg, stepping up with left then down, repeat) (DB)
- Power jumps/Jump tuck
- One leg deadlift (DB)
- Step back lunge with twist over bent leg (DB)
- Twist & pivot punches (DB)
- Side kicks (1 min kicks with left leg, repeat 1 min on right)
- High block punches (DB) (bring arms up and in front of face like blocking a punch, alternating arms)
Stretch and recover!
Don’t forget to kiss your punching opponent when you’re done… if you had one.
Want more? Find another awesome MMA/kickboxing style workout here: Galaxy MMA Workout (there’s even a PDF you can download!)
**What do you do to get your aggressions out?