Not to be confused with a certain something in a box. (<—fair warning before you click- this is hilarious but a little off-colored humor. My kind of humor. You have been warned.)
Packed with protein, layered with goodness, sprinkled with cinnamon, loaded with fitness fuel, and my newest obsession, I give you…
Oats In A Jar
- 1/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop protein powder (I used a vegan vanilla powder)
- 1 tbsp green powder (I used ProGreens)
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- cinnamon (lots)
- fresh fruit (pictured is nectarines at the bottom, pears at the top)
- 1/2 cup (or so) almond milk/water/liquid
Layer ingredients as desired (for presentation), adding the liquid now, or leaving the liquid out until ready to eat. If adding the liquid now, leave some room at the top of your jar for stirring (or you’ll do what I did, I’m so smart, and have the liquid spill over the top…). This is great for on-the-go meals such as driving, after the gym, or a sitting-at-work breakfast.
I have found out that you just can’t go wrong with the jar method, as I like to call it. Anything in a jar is good by my standards, i.e. The Green Smoothie, Oats, even Salads.