Say hello to Sunday!

April 10, 2011

Hello my wonderful weekend readers! I rarely post on the weekends, if you haven’t noticed. I guess you could call me the Monday through Friday blogger. But today needed special attention.

It’s Sunday. A love-hate relationship with Sunday only means one thing: Coffee!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 🙂

Actually, it means cherish the last day of your weekend… and for me, that means setting up an IV drip of coffee. Although it would probably be more fitting if the IV were for the week days, but whatever. 😉

Saturday and Sundays, hold a dear place in my heart because these are my days to wake up slowly, be creative in the kitchen, photograph in perfect morning light, read a book, catch up on blogs, sip my coffee, and devour my daily green smoothie. And then I can go play!

So much to do these days and just not enough time in the day to get it all done. I know you know what I’m talking about. But to keep this post short and simple, I wanted to tempt you with some California Mud Pie I whipped up the other day. This dessert was just calling my name. Recipe tomorrow!

I’m the outcast on the left with cowboy boots and a brightly colored sweater and dress.

So, happy Sunday! I’m slightly recovering from a meetup group of wine tasting. Only a hard workout can conquer this.

For now, here’s some link love you just cannot miss (and are on my list of to-makes):

Katie’s all-in-one chocolate brownie/cake/cupcake

Pure2Raw’s mouthwatering Pumpkin Squares with Cashew Lucuma Frosting

Bakery Manis’ Cherry Chia Juice (which I already have all of the ingredients for!)

Alex’s low sugar Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting

Spa Bettie’s incredible looking White Bean Black Quinoa Burgers …and her african peanut soup… and her perfect garlic crepes… or really anything she makes.

Healthful Pursuit with her Sweet Nibbly Bits Yam Salad. Bonus points for the awesome name.

How about some Cotter Crunch Almond Butter Currant Bread?

And healthy Girl Scout cookies. My favorite kind. Compliments of amazing Alisa!

Time to wipe up the drool….

How do you say hello to Sunday?

Melissa April 11, 2011 at 10:36 AM

My favorite day is Sunday…it’s no work day!! Love getting up slowely too:)

I love your California mud pie..and the chia juice..very cool!! Heck, everything on this page looks awesome!

Happy Monday!

Danielle April 11, 2011 at 10:18 AM

Love the wine tour photos! 🙂

Alex@Spoonful of Sugar Free April 11, 2011 at 2:38 AM

I LOVE coffee!!!!!!!

And wow! What a great list! I see a few I want to make 🙂 Thanks for including my cupcakes 🙂

katie April 10, 2011 at 6:26 PM

SUCH great links! I need to make those muffins. healthy girl scout cookies- sounds INCREDIBLE!

Sable@SquatLikeALady April 10, 2011 at 4:10 PM

Healthy Girl Scout cookies?!!? YES!

I just got back from a 3-day weekend getaway so I am super excited to be back in the kitchen! Crazy how much I miss cooking when I take a little break.

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons April 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM

um love your outfit! so super cute =) and that yam salad might make my to-make list too!!!! =)

kalli April 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM

oh my those girl scout cookies look so good!

Katie April 10, 2011 at 11:24 AM

I have the pumpkin squares bookmarked too! They look so good. I’m not sure about the lacuma though. I’ve never had it and I admit I am scared. 🙂

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle April 10, 2011 at 11:23 AM

omg all that food looks sooo amazing!!!!

Ela April 10, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Oh my goodness, the link love is amazing! We have similar tastes, I think. Although I don’t know about the coffee IV thing. And why ‘outcast’? You look beautiful!

Your recipe teaser looks great too.

Oh, and I so know what you mean–daylight’s expanding but ‘to do lists’ are too, so much to do!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit April 10, 2011 at 8:26 AM

That chia juice looks interesting. I love chia to death so I’d probably adore this drink! Thanks for including me in your roundup. There are some great recipes in here!

Pure2raw twins April 10, 2011 at 7:32 AM

I want to be apart of a wine tasting group! How fun!! Love the cowboy boots!

Kristina @ spabettie April 10, 2011 at 6:56 AM

aww, thank you for including me with some FABULOUS looking eats!! and you reminded me I want to make The Twins’ pumpkin squares… I LOVE me some lucuma!!

XXO Happy Sunday!!

Alisa Fleming April 10, 2011 at 6:38 AM

Haha, I’m the outcast with the guilty sugar-laden recipe! So I guess we are both special 🙂

Thanks for including me but most of all, thanks for the round-up! Clicking over to those frostings now. Yeah, I know those recipes come with something underneath, like a cake or something, but I’m all about the frosting 🙂

Kat April 10, 2011 at 6:24 AM

Ok you really need to stop torturing me with these liitle pictures of your creations but then no recipe!! Im DYING over here!! Now I am going to be glued to my computer tomorrow until you post. So, no pressure to hurry up and post or anything 😉
Enjoy your sunday girl!

Lori April 10, 2011 at 6:25 AM

haha- no pressure?! Just kidding! I’ll be posting that Mud Pie recipe BRIGHT and EARLY tomorrow!
🙂