Recapping Thanks(giving)

November 29, 2010

Welcome back to Monday, everyone! Sorry no blogging over the holiday for me. Taking a break was kind of nice. I checked my email once this whole weekend. Crazy.

Anyway, let me recap my Thanksgiving feast of healthy dishes. On Thursday, Anne and her husband came over and brought some great vegan dishes to share and together we made a vegan, raw pumpkin pie. Here’s our meal:

Garlic Pumpkin Knots from Oh She Glows, by Lori and Anne

They were filled with gluten and love, and tasted better than they appear here.

Green Salad by Anne

Sweet Potato & Yam Mash by Lori

Sweet Baked Sweet Potatoes by Anne

Raw (naturally sweetened) Cranberry Sauce by Anne

Cooked Cranberry Sauce by Anne

Soooooo good.

Cornish Game Hens by Sascha (no turkey 🙁  )

Gluten Free Stuffing by Anne

Full-Fat Gravy by Sascha

Vegan “Gravy” adapted from Eat, Drink, & Be Vegan by Lori

Blurry picture but SO good

There was also wine. Let’s never forget about the wine. And dessert…

Raw(ish) No-Bake, Vegan Pumpkin Pie

Walnut/Almond/Date crust with fresh baked pumpkin/agave/coconut oil/pumpkin pie spices filling

Very fluffy and mousse-like

And Truffles! These guys were super rich and so easy to make. I highly suggest making them… recipe by Alisa Cooks!

Mint Truffles rolled in Cocoa Powder

Chocolate Truffles rolled in Cinnamon Sugar

Chocolate Truffles rolled in Cocoa and Cayenne Powder

I also went home to visit my parents and sister with Sascha (boyfriend) and made an appearance at a local bar.

Good times.

Happy Cyber Monday. Try not to spend too much money today.

What was the best part of your holiday and weekend??

Alisa Cooks November 30, 2010 at 2:48 PM

Eeek, that all looks amazing! I want some of that no bake pumpkin pie! Glad you liked the truffles!
.-= Alisa Cooks´s last blog ..Me A Speaker at the Fitness &amp Health Bloggers Conference =-.

Megan (Braise The Roof) November 30, 2010 at 9:37 AM

Those garlic knots look amazing! I’m a sucker for garlic. And bread. And…knots…? 🙂 Happy belated Thanksgiving!

kate November 30, 2010 at 4:23 AM

oh man! it all looks so good. i am obessed with raw cranberries so i would love the raw cranberry relish recipe.

best part of the holiday weekend was the gorgeous farm we went to. it was on the north shore and we had the best view of snowy lake superior and woods the entire drive up.
.-= kate´s last blog ..YES! =-.

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan November 29, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Love the raw-ish pie! Looks like a great spread overall.
.-= Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog ..105degrees- L2-W1-D1- kombucha- citrus-fennel salad =-.

Pure2raw twins November 29, 2010 at 5:39 PM

I am drooling over here…everything looked amazing!!!

Glad you enjoy some time away…I love doing that too!

~Michelle

Kelly Michelle November 29, 2010 at 4:25 PM

looks so yummy! I made your miso salmon last night, so delicious, although a little salty. I think next time a little less miso for me and maybe add some ginger dressing. I also cannot stop making your spaghetti squash mac and cheese I am totally addicted to it.

Lauren @ WWoB November 29, 2010 at 4:08 PM

You have NO idea how jealous I am that a fellow foodie and blogger prepared your Thanksgiving for you! IT ALL LOOKS SO SCRUMDIDDLYUMPTIOUS! I am glad you had a wonderful holiday!
.-= Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog ..And we have a winner! =-.

Jenny November 29, 2010 at 3:31 PM

Those truffles look gorgeous! Best part of thanksgiving….family, friends, FOOD, oh and Harry Potter haha 🙂

salah@myhealthiestlifestyle November 29, 2010 at 2:47 PM

those pumpkin knots look sooo amazing!!!!!!
.-= salah@myhealthiestlifestyle´s last blog ..Juicer =-.

Kristie November 29, 2010 at 2:16 PM

EVERYTHING looks amazing. I’m all about the desserts, I would love to give those truffles a try right about now.
.-= Kristie´s last blog ..Buttered or Creamed =-.

Katie November 29, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Good for you taking the long weekend off! I worked most of it, so it was kind of a regular weekend for me.

The best part was waking up on Sunday to an un-forcasted 6 inches of fresh snow! And it snowed all day long, too. So nice to watch….from inside, where it is warm and cozy. 😉

Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw November 29, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Looks like a yummy spread! I’d love the raw cranberry recipe. I made the cranberry blueberry (cooked) sauce from Peas and Thank You and it was fantastic!

My favorite part was getting back home. Not that I didn’t love seeing my family, but I also loved being back in my space after 8 days on the road.
Happy Monday to you!
.-= Michelle@ Housewife in the Raw´s last blog ..Home Sweet Home =-.

Heather (Perspective Is Everything) November 29, 2010 at 11:59 AM

you are so ambitious! great looking food.
best part of the holiday-letting my daughter sleep in 🙂
.-= Heather (Perspective Is Everything)´s last blog ..Music Monday! =-.

Ela November 29, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I think it’s so good to take a break from cyberworld every now and then. Good for you!

Food, as always, looks delectable and sounds like much fun was had in its production and consumption both.

Snow on the ground here but sun shining: hope you’re enjoying your outside world today.

.-= Ela´s last blog ..Ways of Being Our Best – A Spectrum of Compromises and Some Cooked Food =-.

melissa November 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Wow what an amazing meal!! I’m so hungry now just seeing your picts. Thanks for your review of all those recipes too.

christina November 29, 2010 at 10:02 AM

don’t ever forget about the wine! the truffs are adorbs. yes i abbrev’d both of those words. ugh i suck.

kat November 29, 2010 at 8:45 AM

Mmm everything looks incredible!! That pie is out of this world! I can only imagine how wonderful it tasted 🙂 I wish I had a food processor so I could try it!!