What I WISH I Ate Wednesday

May 4, 2011

Happy wonderful, sunny, glorious Wednesday.

Since What I Ate Wednesday has been running rampant among blogs, becoming a deliciously viral epidemic in the food blog world, I am playing along with what I wish I ate.

Let’s start with dinner. Dinner is usually my favorite meal of the day because this the basically the one meal a day (during the week) where I have time to flow those creative juices.

What on Earth are these, you may be asking yourself… why, they’re Teddy Loafs, of course. My boyfriend had the… eh… interesting idea to make turkey meatloaf in the fun little cookie cutter shape of bears. Yes, I’m eating Bear Turkey Loafs, or Teddy Loafs. 😉

Partnered with a fresh greens-loaded salad and Basil Thai Spiced Hummus. Perfect.

Cracks me up every time I look at the picture. 🙂

Backup the time of day to lunch. Lunch is my leftovers meal. I won’t show you any BYO Bagged food, but I will show you a fun side for the meal.

Cornbread Cupcakes!

With tomato paste swirled into the batter.

And organic goat cheese frosting.

Aren’t they cute?!

To be completely honest, they tasted like crap. Flour-less cornbread recipes don’t taste all that flavorful… but topped with creamy, spreadable goat cheese definitely did the trick.

Pretty, huh?

Now, leaving snacks out, there’s only breakfast left to cover. Now, I’m pretending I have time on this lovely Wednesday morning, so I’d looooove to have my Banana Smashed Cheesecaked French Toast

So warm and gooey and delicious…

And covered in sweet maple syrup…

Totally drool-worthy and filling.

And even better with champagne!

Brut. Yes, please!

Come on, you know you’re wanting some delicious bubbly too.

So. Good.

Alas, it’s Wednesday, I’m working, and it’s about 9:30 am, my time.

But it’s almost Friday…

And it’s 5 o’ clock somewhere.

What do you WISH you ate Wednesday????

Angela October 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM

Greetings I am so glad I found your blog, I really found you by mistake, while I was
browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Anyways I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a remarkable post and a all
round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I
don’t have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added in your
RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up
the fantastic job.

Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 11, 2011 at 4:20 PM

How sad that I’m over a week behind in your posts! Ugh, if only I could get paid to sit at home and read blogs all day!

I am totally cracking up over the Teddy Loaves! Bahaha! And the cornbread cupcakes may not taste great but they look AMAZING! I would never had guessed they tasted bad!

Mmm, I wish I had your french toast! I think I’ll be making that in the morning! Yessss! I love it when I find a good idea for breakfast right before bed…now I’m off to dream about cheezecakey banana french toast!

Heather @ kissmybroccoli May 12, 2011 at 1:48 AM

Ohmygosh!!! I just finished the French toast! I topped it with peanut butter, carob chips, and a little maple syrup…YOU ARE A GENIUS!! I love how they are perfectly sweet with the slightest hint of savory from the nooch! Ugh, I want more!!

Ashley May 5, 2011 at 2:05 PM

omg, your “what i WISH i ate” is making me with I had eaten it all too! Those teddy loaves are adorable!

Erin @ Big Girl Feats May 5, 2011 at 8:32 AM

HAH! That is awesome! I love those bears. I wish I were eating vegan carrot cake from a bakery near my house. Ugh, so good!

Melissa May 5, 2011 at 5:14 AM

your boyfriend is so creative..love it!
organic goat cheese frosting on cornbread cupcakes…seriously it sounds amazing!

Oh Champagne..how I adore you with a splash of OJ:)

Pure2raw Twins May 5, 2011 at 4:26 AM

those teddy bears are too cute!! I laughed when I saw that pic LOL

What I wish I ate wednesday?!?! was some of the champagne …. I guess that would be what I wish I drank?!! haha

Mama Samaan May 5, 2011 at 3:46 AM

I want one of those teddy bears when I get back!!!! Pretty please 🙂

pawsitivelife May 5, 2011 at 1:47 AM

I wish I ate something green…but i had to clean out the freezer so fries it was

Chuck May 4, 2011 at 8:08 PM

Haha Teddy loaves–love it! You need turkey (or cow) shaped cookie cutters… keep an eye out around Thanksgiving!

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit May 4, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Dude… I was just thinking “I want to be part of this what I ate wednesday thing! I wanna fit in” but I literally have NO time to do it. This is brilliant. If I copy you, will you hate me? I’ll be working on your guest post this weekend! So stoked 🙂

Jenn L @ Peas and Crayons May 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM

I wish I ate cornbread cupcakes!!!!!!! and omg lmao at the teddy loaves! Can’t show Paul b/c he will want them STAT and I dont have cookie cutters yet! haha! =)

Happy WIAW!!!!

The Teenage Taste May 4, 2011 at 1:57 PM

Ahhh, those Teddy loaves are too cute! I am totally stealing that idea!

eleah @ brocstar May 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I wish I ate that french toast, too. That looks so yummy.

Katie May 4, 2011 at 11:58 AM

Those bears are adorable!
I wish I hadn’t eaten whatever is making my belly upset. I wish I had eaten that bear. 🙂

Emily May 4, 2011 at 11:47 AM

Ah, those bears are hilarious!

Husband requested guacamole tonight and I am looking forward to a salad with a mound of fresh guac on top! But I wish I had some ice cream for dessert (or afternoon snack) though; it’s been hot here and I’ve been craving chocolate coconut milk ice cream!

Michelle... May 4, 2011 at 10:53 AM

hmm, I’m actually looking forward to my leftovers for dinner tonight…but I wish I was having a cold beer with it! Oh well.

Alyssa @ Life of bLyss May 4, 2011 at 9:41 AM

giiiirl, I like yo style. it’s always 5:00 somewhere. 😉 and I wish I ate all that!

Sable@SquatLikeALady May 4, 2011 at 8:39 AM

Those teddy meatloaves are SO cute!

I wish I was having my Monday breakfast again 😉 two pieces of cinnamon raisin Ezekiel bread served as French Toast and stuffed with sliced grilled bananas and PB&Co. Cinnamon Swirl peanut butter! YUM.

Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) May 4, 2011 at 8:21 AM

I think those teddy meatloaves are the cutest thing I’ve seen all day!! And that cornbread muffin looks delicious!! Umm I kinda wish I had that banana cheesecake french toast 🙁

tea-bag May 4, 2011 at 8:00 AM

hmmm…. probably a pint of arctic zero ice cream! 🙂

alyssa - fashion fitness foodie May 4, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Ha those cornbread muffins DID look amazing 🙂

I really realllly want that french toast like right now.

Anne@MyZenPulse May 4, 2011 at 7:44 AM

Day is consisting of lunch box meals : hard boiled eggs / tuna on salad / protein powder / veg + hummus … WISH I ate? MAHI FISH LOLLIPOPS with pineapple ginger shooters… *sigh*

kat May 4, 2011 at 7:23 AM

Haha love the bears. Hilarious.
I wish I ate a huge stack of pancakes for breakfast. I did a weight sesh this morning and my greek yogurt bowl CLEARLY didn’t do its job cause I’m already hungry. Blast.

Lori May 4, 2011 at 7:33 AM