Ahi! Seared Ahi Tuna and Cucumber Salad with Tamari Vinaigrette

August 5, 2011

A h i !

It’s what’s for dinner. At least at my house!

This was some of the most incredible looking ahi I’ve seen. Raw, sashimi grade (meaning it’s edible raw), lightly seasoned, FRESH, and melty-in-your-mouth wonderful. A powerhouse of a protein food, too.

With a meat like this, the light powder of sea salt and freshly ground pepper bring out the flavor without overwhelming it’s taste. Naturally Paleo, gluten free and dairy free.

Try out this simple dish when you’re in a time crunch or just craving something super fresh. Fast and simple. And customizable, allowing for many variations without much work.

What could be better than that?

Yum? Oh yes, YUM!

…because really, what could be better than simple?

…and because I’m a huge fan of raw fish. It’s just undeniably delicious.

Ahi? Fish? Raw? Cooked? What’s your preference?

Dino December 7, 2015 at 11:55 AM

EmilyI live in utah as well and was wondering if you are going to adusjt your own planting schedule this year because of the mild winter and now warmer spring we are having. I would like to get a headststart but I don’t knoe if I should take the chance or not. What do you think?Cindy

empress August 7, 2011 at 11:45 PM

the photos say it all! i have never been a fan of eating fish but i think that this is really a good recipe! i would love to taste it! thank you so much for sharing this mouth watering post!

sapir August 7, 2011 at 2:11 PM

oh… i wish i could taste it right now… :p

Lorarian89 August 7, 2011 at 5:59 AM

I’m going to try this for lunch!

Kelly August 6, 2011 at 7:21 AM

I love Ahi but only when it is sushi grade and barely seared. I got SUPER spoiled on our honeymoon in Hawaii because we would get fresh caught Ahi almost every night for dinner. It was unlike anything I had ever tasted. Literally we would see it being carried off the boat (fresh caught) and into the kitchen. It was amazing.

Anna August 6, 2011 at 6:23 AM

looks interesting… never tryed this kink of tuna 🙂

Kristen August 6, 2011 at 2:03 AM

Great pictures!!!!! Its poem! Thank you. Will try it this Sunday!

donnawest August 5, 2011 at 11:14 PM

God! That ahi tuna looks so delicious! I really need to go out and eat one of that.
But I can’t see a perfectly looking tuna like this one.

Michael August 5, 2011 at 5:15 PM

OMG this looks delicious! you think it might work with Salomon as well?

Pure2raw twins August 5, 2011 at 4:15 PM

I have been on a huge ahi tuna kick lately,but this looks way better than what I have been eating when I go out. Seriously that tuna looks perfect!!!

Natalie @ cinnamon bums August 5, 2011 at 10:36 AM

holy crap that ahi tuna looks AMAZING! i had seared ahi tuna twice this week – really good ahi tuna at Wine Cellar in los gatos, but i gotta say, yours looks even better!

Kristina @ spabettie August 5, 2011 at 9:44 AM

that looks beautiful! I love my salmon and tuna sashimi, I love it seared, I love it fresh over a salad just like this! well done! <– hee!

Alisa Fleming August 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM

Seared almost raw ahi is one of my favorite meals! Over salad or rice.

Katie August 5, 2011 at 7:08 AM

Ahi is delicous no matter how it is prepared, but I definitely prefer it raw. Depending on where I am, that is. IF it looks like a sketchy place, I won’t do the raw thing. If I am in Wisconsin? Chances are it isn’t super fresh. I’m trying to plan a beach vacation for this winter, and there will definitely be an island and LOTS of fresh raw tuna involved!

Ernie August 5, 2011 at 5:19 AM

ALRIGHT … Now that may be your most DELISCIOUS post yet!!! Although I am quite partial to the pic of you lugging that Goodyear tire over your head!! Nice job lady!!!
EW

Alexandra August 5, 2011 at 4:46 AM

Oh my lanta this is amazing. I adore seared ahi tuna, it’s gotta be one of my all-time favorite dishes. Thanks for the tips and recipe!

Sam August 5, 2011 at 4:37 AM

I dont even like seafood but this looks delicious. I always think this type of tuna looks beautiful photographed!