Fudgey Paleo Cookies (…but could be brownies)

February 10, 2012

The Ultimate Fudgey Paleo Cookies were invited out of the pure joy of wanting a decadent cookie, filled with chocolaty goodness, with a bite-sized personality. I knew I wanted moist, I knew I wanted chocolate, and I knew I wanted the healthiest cookie I could make. Turns out, after throwing a few ingredients together, 3 trial baking rounds, and approximately 1 cup of coconut flour later, I created the perfect indulgent baked good.

These delicious little creatures truly resemble brownie bites with their moist centers but with a fluffy cookie shape. Note, one round of the trial baking I made these into actual pan brownies. It worked but they were perfect in the middle but too dry on the outsides. The best way to bake these are in cookie form.

Side note: The pictures of these cookies are pretty bad (not my finest…ug!)- this is what horrible, late-night lighting will do to pictures. Trust me, they taste much better than they look. 😉

For the ultimately best baked product, slightly under-cook. Trust me, they’ll look and almost feel like they need more time in the oven, but they’ll cool a little harder and still maintain their moisty (it’s a word…) brownie properties. :)

These coconut flour, super low carb and low fat cookies are shaped like cookies but they definitely have the texture of a fluffy, yet slightly dense, brownie. They’re super fudgey without the added junk that most brownies keep along for the ride. These brownies are free of baggage, making them the perfect snack or side for breakfast or dessert.

Eat, enjoy, repeat!

I loved these and have been eating a few too many… but they’re healthy so we’re letting this little fact slide.

One great thing about these is that you can “dress” them up with any flavor- hazelnut extract, mint extract, almond extract, etc. would be amazing thrown into the mix!

Happy Friday!

Anyone have a healthy cookie recipe they want to share??? Or better yet, a cookie they want created into Paleo?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

healthy granola bar recipe May 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Exploгing digg.com I noticed your bloɡ boоk-marked as:
Fudgey Paleo Cookies (

Robbyn February 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I just made these. I’m personally not really a fan and my husband said they’re not bad, but my 2 year old is really into them and my 4 year old just exclaimed that they’re the best cookies he’s ever tasted. :)

Taylor September 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

These cookies are awesome! I doubled the recipe and added some chocolate chips to it, AMAZING!!!

Lori October 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Oh, well I’m SO GLAD!!! Eat away! They really are easy and delicious!

Alana August 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Just made these. Super easy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

Maria June 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Mmmmm. I’ve been craving something brownie and fudgy! I love all things coconut! Do you think I could make these with melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder? Also, I’m thinking of adding mint to make it pop in your mouth 😀 I use coconut flour and oil mostly in coconut flour pancakes, breads, and muffins, but I’m always looking for some new recipes, thanks!

Laurie June 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My son and I are 80% Paleo and are totally free of sugar, soy, gluten, dairy and nuts. I’ve been trying to not eat so many Nana’s No Gluten cookies because they are expensive (but heavenly tasting)! This recipe is giving me inspiration- I will make these and see if I can “wean off” eating so many Nana’s No Gluten cookies!

Lori June 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Good luck!!

Marta April 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My new favorite cookie for sure! The first batch I made with cinnamon and cayenne and the second batch I added 1/4 of a Trader Joe’s organic 73% dark chocolate bar chopped up. Holy moly. Thanks!