Feb
2012

Fudgey Paleo Cookies (…but could be brownies)

38 comments

The Ultimate Fudgey Paleo Cookies were invited out of the pure joy of wanting a decadent cookie, filled with chocolaty goodness, with a bite-sized personality. I knew I wanted moist, I knew I wanted chocolate, and I knew I wanted the healthiest cookie I could make. Turns out, after throwing a few ingredients together, 3 trial baking rounds, and approximately 1 cup of coconut flour later, I created the perfect indulgent baked good.

These delicious little creatures truly resemble brownie bites with their moist centers but with a fluffy cookie shape. Note, one round of the trial baking I made these into actual pan brownies. It worked but they were perfect in the middle but too dry on the outsides. The best way to bake these are in cookie form.

Side note: The pictures of these cookies are pretty bad (not my finest…ug!)- this is what horrible, late-night lighting will do to pictures. Trust me, they taste much better than they look. ;)

For the ultimately best baked product, slightly under-cook. Trust me, they’ll look and almost feel like they need more time in the oven, but they’ll cool a little harder and still maintain their moisty (it’s a word…) brownie properties. :)

These coconut flour, super low carb and low fat cookies are shaped like cookies but they definitely have the texture of a fluffy, yet slightly dense, brownie. They’re super fudgey without the added junk that most brownies keep along for the ride. These brownies are free of baggage, making them the perfect snack or side for breakfast or dessert.

Eat, enjoy, repeat!

I loved these and have been eating a few too many… but they’re healthy so we’re letting this little fact slide.

One great thing about these is that you can “dress” them up with any flavor- hazelnut extract, mint extract, almond extract, etc. would be amazing thrown into the mix!

Happy Friday!

Anyone have a healthy cookie recipe they want to share??? Or better yet, a cookie they want created into Paleo?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pssst! Pass it on...
Facebook Twitter Email Gmail Pinterest Delicious Stumbleupon Tumblr Digg

Hi everyone, I'm and this is my blog What Runs Lori.

Like it? Love it? Want some more of it? Subscribe now! You can also find me on Facebook and Twitter!

Contact Me!

Amber Shea @Almost Vegan February 10, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Yup, you can make these for me when I visit. I’ll allow it. ;P
Amber Shea @Almost Vegan´s last blog post ..Wedding planning & V-Day suggestions

Elissa February 10, 2012 at 1:47 PM

omigosh, i can make these cookies with ingredients that i ALREADY have in my pantry! That never happens! I’m so excited. Trying these tomorrow- Thanks Lori! :)

Ela February 10, 2012 at 2:16 PM

Yum! You are on such a coconut flour roll–or should that be cookie…
Ela´s last blog post ..Kokopelli on the Water, Eagle in the Tree

Meg February 10, 2012 at 3:40 PM

you are so talented and I am very interested in paleo recipes so I love your blog :)

i just made paleo zucchini muffins/loaf today and shared the recipe on my blog :) i was pretty impressed with myself for coming up with something that turned out so good!

Laura, RD @ Against The Grain February 10, 2012 at 3:54 PM

Lori I could literally kiss you right now! You have no idea how happy this makes me. Earlier today I was thinking about how bad I wanted brownies and how good they are! But I had no idea how to make them paleo. Your the best!! I’m trying these tomorrow!!
Laura, RD @ Against The Grain´s last blog post ..Tag, You’re It! : 11 Things

Pure2raw twins February 10, 2012 at 6:41 PM

YUM! these cookies look great.
Pure2raw twins´s last blog post ..pink heart cookie sandwich

Stephanie February 10, 2012 at 8:09 PM

Making these tonight!!!

Chuck February 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM

I think the pictures look great! And this recipe is going to my mom to send me for Valentine’s Day lol.

Hey do you have like an energy bar recipe that is paleo that would be good for taking on long rides?
Chuck´s last blog post ..Fearless Nutrition Radio: Episode 2- Interview with Sean Croxton!

Kristabel@RaceReady February 11, 2012 at 6:08 AM

These look so good, but I am missing a lot of the ingredients. :-( I keep seeing awesome recipes with Stevia, so I may have to stock up on some!

Kim February 11, 2012 at 12:44 PM

These look awesome!! Can’t wait to try them!! Thanks girl!!!

Karina February 11, 2012 at 6:56 PM

these look amazing!!! and easy too! bookmarking!
Karina´s last blog post ..I Got mail YAY (retry*)

LizAshlee February 12, 2012 at 6:49 AM

These look great…adding them to my growing collection of healthy, tasty treats! Thanks for sharing!
LizAshlee´s last blog post ..Weekend Winks for 2/5/12

teabagginit February 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM

i actually just posted a raw cinnamon bun that could be made paleo – got to say that all your delicious cookies inspired me!
teabagginit´s last blog post ..Give me a boost

Todd February 13, 2012 at 3:39 PM

I’m alwasy intrigued by your abilities to mesh two terms of polar opposites together. ‘Healthy’ and ‘Cookie’ I never thought exhisted, or ‘fluffy’ and ‘dense’… and yet here they are… simply amazing ;)

Bryan February 13, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Just made these and they turned out great! Healthy and loving it!

amy@healthyhungryhappy.com February 13, 2012 at 8:54 PM

yum these sounds awesome! might have to make these tomorrow!
amy@healthyhungryhappy.com´s last blog post ..High Protein Snacks

Lauren @ WWoB February 23, 2012 at 8:49 PM

just made these!! cant wait for them to come out of the ovennn!
Lauren @ WWoB´s last blog post ..A surprising ingredient…

robin June 16, 2012 at 6:44 AM

trying these now, doubled the recipe and put walnuts/almond chips in half

sum July 30, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I’ve made these twice. Yum! The second time I doubled the recipe and added 3/4 c chocolate chunks (Enjoy Life dairy and soy free).
If interested: I did my best to calculate the calories and fat. I came up with about 99 calories and 2.2 grams of fat per cookie. I made them pretty small, about half-dollar diameter, so it made 24 cookies.
With natural ingredients I still feel okay about this being a healthy alternative. I’m not eating a paleo diet for weight loss so the extra calories aren’t really an issue, unless I ate all 24, which could definitely be done. :)

(Without the choc chunks, each cookie is about 80 calories and <2 grams fat.)

Lori July 31, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Yum! These are my favorite. Glad you made them… twice!

Emily November 25, 2012 at 12:57 PM

If the cookies are as yummy as the batter tastes, they make not make it until my husband gets home! Thanks for sharing =)
Emily´s last blog post ..It’s not a Movie without the Kale Chips

Tracy January 2, 2013 at 4:50 PM

These were delicious! I used stevia instead of honey, but they are definitely chewy and brownie-like! Yummy!

Christine January 17, 2013 at 12:09 PM

WOW. Awesome and easy to make! I’ve been craving spicy chocolate in a baked good, so I added cayenne and chili powder (1/4 tsp and 1.5 tsp respectively) and they are delightful. Thanks!!!

Elitewithoutwheat February 18, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Baking powder has corn starch… Corn is considered a grain so technically not Paleo?

Tes April 2, 2013 at 8:28 PM

WOW! So I started off wanting cookies, then I decided I wanted brownies, then I came across this recipe and immediately printed it and headed for the kitchen! I thought the batter seemed kind of soupy until I realized I had used 3 extra extra large eggs! So I added another half of all the other ingredients, let it sit another minute, and, oh darn, wound up making 12! 12 super delicious, chocolately fudgey cookies from heaven, that is!! OMG these are SO good! I make my own ice cream and chocolate sauce with xylitol, and these babies are going in a sundae next time! Woo!! Thank you!! :)
Tes´s last blog post ..Doll cookies are even better than before!

Fran April 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM

These cookies tasted terribly of baking soda. Followed the recipe exactly. Blech!

Melissa June 5, 2013 at 2:40 PM

The recipe calls for baking *powder*, not soda :)

Marta April 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM

My new favorite cookie for sure! The first batch I made with cinnamon and cayenne and the second batch I added 1/4 of a Trader Joe’s organic 73% dark chocolate bar chopped up. Holy moly. Thanks!

Laurie June 20, 2013 at 6:57 PM

My son and I are 80% Paleo and are totally free of sugar, soy, gluten, dairy and nuts. I’ve been trying to not eat so many Nana’s No Gluten cookies because they are expensive (but heavenly tasting)! This recipe is giving me inspiration- I will make these and see if I can “wean off” eating so many Nana’s No Gluten cookies!

Lori June 21, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Good luck!!

Maria June 28, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Mmmmm. I’ve been craving something brownie and fudgy! I love all things coconut! Do you think I could make these with melted chocolate instead of cocoa powder? Also, I’m thinking of adding mint to make it pop in your mouth :D I use coconut flour and oil mostly in coconut flour pancakes, breads, and muffins, but I’m always looking for some new recipes, thanks!
Maria´s last blog post ..Gluten Free, Paleo Lemon Pancakes

Alana August 21, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Just made these. Super easy and delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

Taylor September 27, 2013 at 4:31 PM

These cookies are awesome! I doubled the recipe and added some chocolate chips to it, AMAZING!!!

Lori October 5, 2013 at 8:14 AM

Oh, well I’m SO GLAD!!! Eat away! They really are easy and delicious!

Robbyn February 4, 2014 at 4:27 PM

I just made these. I’m personally not really a fan and my husband said they’re not bad, but my 2 year old is really into them and my 4 year old just exclaimed that they’re the best cookies he’s ever tasted. :)

healthy granola bar recipe May 15, 2014 at 9:16 PM

Exploгing digg.com I noticed your bloɡ boоk-marked as:
Fudgey Paleo Cookies (
healthy granola bar recipe´s last blog post ..healthy granola bar recipe