Sometimes I can just feel the LOVE from others. I can feel their caring nature. I can sense their passion for goodness. I can smell their dedication. And I can hear the LOVE they are surrounded by.
When you’re filled with LOVE, you’re provided with an aura that reflects how you feel. Maybe like when I eat my LOVE Grown Foods Granola… I’m filled with LOVE (literally). I reflect granola. I mean LOVE. I reflect LOVE. And cinnamon raisin almond crunch…
Now, I don’t eat much granola, partly due to my uncontrollable love for all things granola and trail mix. If it’s there, it’s mine… and it’s usually eaten quickly. But aside from this fact, if I’m able to get a box of LOVE Grown Foods incredible granola, well, sign me up!
This is one granola (or even product) that I love eating, love sharing, and love spreading! It’s good stuff. Made with just a few ingredients, no preservatives, additives, nasty gross stuff that most products are made with nowadays, you can feel good, or LOVEd, about eating from this brand.
Who am I to argue with delicious? Especially when it’s coming from such a LOVEing place. I encourage you to get your hands on some granola. Handfuls straight from the cute little bag is acceptable (promise) but so is pepping up your recovery smoothie. I don’t know about you, but I love a little crunch to my frosty, creamy, blended drink.
Speaking of recovery, and randomness, yesterday I went to one of the newest CrossFit gyms around. I’m at my parents’ house for the week (near Sacramento, CA… in the TINIEST town ever) and I was craving some CrossFit. CrossFit Feather River opened a few months ago and I knew my mission was to get in for a class. Verdict: Excellent! Facility, very nice. I even
DRAGGED my sister out of bed to come asked my sister to come with me- she even had a blast! Have you tried CrossFit yet???
Anyway, back to the smoothie… one staple in my life is a green smoothie. Most days, it’s every day. And I know some people are thinking, “Lori, Dear Lori, that is disgusting.”
Let me assure you, it’s not. And after trying one, I’ll make a convert out of you, just like the hundreds of people I have already converted. (Lie: I’ve only converted a few people, but I haven’t touched hundreds yet!)
Here is the basic green smoothie. Below will be listed the overall ingredients you could use, then the specifics on some I love… enjoy!
The Basics of The Basic Green Smoothie
- frozen fruit (or fresh!)
- fun add-ins
The Basic Green Smoothie
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen banana (or half a large banana)
- 1 cup coconut water/almond milk
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach or kale (washed, of course)
- few cubes of ice (depending on if fruit was frozen or fresh, about 1 cup)
- few dashes of cinnamon
- few drops of Stevia (if needed)
- scoop of protein powder
- handful of LOVE Grown Foods Granola in Apple Walnut Delight
Blend all ingredients in a high powder blender (or any blender- the high powered ones make things REALLY creamy), adding in more ice, if it’s not to your frosty standards. When sufficiently to your consistency liking, pour into a mug, cup, or bowl. Top with granola. Devour and recover (from your workout, life, lack of LOVE).
The No-So-Basic (But Delicious) Green Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- large handful of greens
- 1-2 tbsp hemp seeds (or nut of choice, try almond butter or peanut butter!)
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules <–secret weapon
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more because cinnamon is amazing)
- 1 scoop Life’s Basics Plant Protein in Vanilla (optional, or protein powder of choice)
- Ice, lots of ice
Blend, baby, blend!
The Adventurous-Basic Green Smoothie
- 1 cup coconut water (I like Zico but fresh from the Young Coconut is best)
- 1 cup parsley (rinsed well, no need for chopping)
- 1-2 ripe pears (depending on size)
- few drops of Stevia (IF needed)
- vanilla protein powder (completely optional)
Blend all. I swear to you… this is my FAVORITE smoothie. It’s refreshing, cleansing (parsley is incredibly cleansing!), and downright delicious. The pear gives this a slightly crunchy texture. You’ll love it. But make sure you’re sufficiently blending that parsley down.
Other smoothies to try:
Basil Blueberry Blast (SO good)
Protein Frosty (also SO good)
Cinnamon Banana Ice Cream …um, I mean smoothie…
Chocolate Beet Smoothie (at bottom of page)
Heck, you can find almost all of my smoothie here. Enough about me…
But I know you have some smoothies you love or ingredients you love to throw in. What are they??